• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm thinking there's going to be a Nintendo Direct on February 7th, 2018.

Now let this post die so I can screenshot it when it happens

Flyboy

Smash Hero
People are still liking my Joker freakout posts and it's bringing me back into hype cry mode
I have listened to Life Will Change once a day since the reveal. Sometimes more than once.

Somehow, despite having a Persona 5 themed desktop theme, a Persona Q2 phone wallpaper, custom texting app colors and contact images to resemble the Phantom Thieves, Joker in my top most-wanted and my signature, a Sojiro Sakura cosplay I constantly wear, and a Persona Q2 stickers pack for Line, I still didn't realize how much Persona 5 meant to me or exactly how violently I'd react to the reveal. It really does feel like a dream. People can sit around and claim it was obvious or whatever but when the thread is putting pieces together and still laughing them off (Persona Q2 being one of the few big 3DS releases to come, the Ultimate UI being inspired by P5, etc) and are still completely shocked and blindsided by it it's hard to claim it as expected.

osby

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 182753

Everytime I look at this thing, I feel more of my childhood slowly die.

Why didn't they just make a cartoony movie? Just...why? Why do they always feel the need to make a live action everything!?
Well, live action movies are what the studio is good at. Fully animated films are a whole different deal.

For the record, I was perfectly okay with a live action movie but I thought they'd use Sonic's design in Unleashed with more realistic fur or something. Not an original design and definitely not... this.

D

Deleted member

Anyone saying Joker was expected and obvious is kidding themselves. No one seriously thought it was happening. People dreamed and had it on their wishlists, sure, but no one legit thought it was in the bag.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have listened to Life Will Change once a day since the reveal. Sometimes more than once.

Somehow, despite having a Persona 5 themed desktop theme, a Persona Q2 phone wallpaper, custom texting app colors and contact images to resemble the Phantom Thieves, Joker in my top most-wanted and my signature, a Sojiro Sakura cosplay I constantly wear, and a Persona Q2 stickers pack for Line, I still didn't realize how much Persona 5 meant to me or exactly how violently I'd react to the reveal. It really does feel like a dream. People can sit around and claim it was obvious or whatever but when the thread is putting pieces together and still laughing them off (Persona Q2 being one of the few big 3DS releases to come, the Ultimate UI being inspired by P5, etc) and are still completely shocked and blindsided by it it's hard to claim it as expected.
Music for reading this post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Giu0SPO6rzU

Untouch

Smash Master
Yep, exactly what I thought, 2016 is when stuff was planned, likely means DLC was decided late 2016 then.

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Anyone saying Joker was expected and obvious is kidding themselves. No one seriously thought it was happening. People dreamed and had it on their wishlists, sure, but no one legit thought it was in the bag.
Don’t you know? Any and all additions to Smash become safe picks after they’re added.
Because EVERYBODY thought Ridley would be in, right? Right?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What the hell is that supposed to mean
Don't worry about it.

I'm sure you'll have a good time here with everyone else if you don't be weird like some people tend to do .

Excuse me, sometimes I cough and it comes out in large red bold words.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guys, don't respond to obvious alt accounts.

D

Deleted member

The first DLC character, the Piranha Plant of Justice, drops in February; I don't think the actual first DLC character will drop two months beyond that. I mean, I'd like to believe it'd be sooner than that, anyway. Problem is, we at least saw Piranha Plant gameplay and even looked decently far along, but that's still another two months off. I guess the question is, did we not see anything for Joker because it was just a teaser? Or did we not see anything because he's pretty much just a wire-frame at this point?

MainJPW

M.T.A
Former Sonic Team Members react to the Sonic Teaser and its not good.
Quote:
Ohshima-san: “Sonic is a fairy of hedgehog, so he doesn’t need to be designed closer to a real hedgehog even in a live action.
Mickey doesn’t become a mouse in live action, does he? Because they are fairies who can live on when people believe in them.”

Gurihiru-san:”I’ve heard that Sonic movie was going to be a mixture of live action and animation, but I haven’t expected this…”

Maekawa-san: “Wooow, they made a totally unexpected arrangement there *rofl* “

Yuji Naka:”From the comments here, it looks like it’s very badly received. I wonder if the movie is actually good when you watch it. I see many movies based on Anime or games are unpopular. I wonder why that happens…”
It really says something when fans, non-fans and even the creators of Sonic can come together and express just how grotesque this design is.

Like, it really did take a really ugly live-action redesign of Sonic to unite the fan base lol.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
The first DLC character, the Piranha Plant of Justice, drops in February; I don't think the actual first DLC character will drop two months beyond that. I mean, I'd like to believe it'd be sooner than that, anyway. Problem is, we at least saw Piranha Plant gameplay and even looked decently far along, but that's still another two months off. I guess the question is, did we not see anything for Joker because it was just a teaser? Or did we not see anything because he's pretty much just a wire-frame at this point?
They said they think a gameplay trailer will drop, not Joker himself.

Untouch

Smash Master
**** this sounds like piranha plant is the only generic enemy in the game, doesn't bode well for slime
now its rocket's time to shine

D

Deleted member

That's a very weird comparison. Shadow at least had two games where he was written very competently. Rex has one game where he was written "meh".
Remember when shadow had a ****ing gun and murdered army dudes bc some alien guy told him to

Sa2 shadow is bae tho

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Aaaaaaanyway (just report him and move on folks),
I'm thinking the DLC cycle will be like this:

Piranha Plant is releasing in ~February, 2019. Good chance for Smash to be tacked to the end of a general Nintendo Direct around that time to be like "Piranha Plant is here! Also here's some Joker footage. Also here's the next teaser."

Next Nintendo direct:
"Joker is here! Here's [Fighter Pack #2 footage]. Here's teaser #3."

And so on and so forth.

All the teasers will have the same style of wax sealed envelope invitation. (It's what the physical fighter pass purchase card looks like in Japan.)

Wait did goth get banned why do they have an alt here
I already was sarcastic towards him, let's all just ignore and report him again so his alt gets banned and Goth ends up just getting permabanned as a result. *Shrug*

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But yeah, let's just ignore/report it. The mods will ban the account soon enough.

Anywho, I find it to be hilarious that Bord, Cord, and Barst arguably have more story relevance in World of Light than they do in Shadow Dragon and New Mystery.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Joker himself wasn't predictable, but I did expect they'd go all-third party on the DLC. They want those internet clicks after all, and "Bandana Waddle Dee Makes His Point!" wouldn't do that I'm afraid (and I actually like him).

D

Deleted member

Aaaaaaanyway (just report him and move on folks),
I'm thinking the DLC cycle will be like this:

Piranha Plant is releasing in ~February, 2019. Good chance for Smash to be tacked to the end of a general Nintendo Direct around that time to be like "Piranha Plant is here! Also here's some Joker footage. Also here's the next teaser."

Next Nintendo direct:
"Joker is here! Here's [Fighter Pack #2]. Here's teaser #3."

And so on and so forth.

All the teasers will have the same style of wax sealed envelope invitation. (It's what the physical fighter pass purchase card looks like in Japan.)

I already was sarcastic towards him, let's all just ignore and report him again so his alt gets banned and Goth ends up just getting permabanned as a result. *Shrug*
Jp has the coolest **** man

He Who Loves Paws

Banned via Warnings
But yeah, let's just ignore/report it. The mods will ban the account soon enough.
okay I'm sorry
It was dumb of me
Like I want to ****ing kill myself
Please don't permaban @GothFluttershy
**** I'm history
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom