• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well, Corrin's starting class is Nohr Prince/ess. Ike is Ranger. Robin is Tactician. It's not guaranteed that they'll add a Lord.
I meant one of the main characters of Three Houses, since FE characters are usually referred to as lords.
Why do people want this goofy lumpy kid so bad when Lora & Jin or Addam & Mythra exist smh
Maybes because he's the main character of Xenoblade 2?

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The reason for Poochy's existence is to be invincible...

Sakurai might notice too :yoshi:
Funky Kong and Poochy are the final two picks. Funky Kong gets **** because he is unaffected by pits and floor hazards. Then Poochy comes out and is unaffected by anything.

I meant the main character of Three Houses, since FE characters are usually referred to as lords.

Maybes because he's the main character of Xenoblade 2?
More like the LAME character. NERRRRRD

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Better than most suggestions. *looks at Shadow*
I just don't like Rex when there are two waaaay cooler protagonist teams available thanks to Torna, but I was also mostly being tongue-in-cheek. It's just weird that people are insistent on Rex being a thing when he was included as a costume in the pack. It's weird to me. I feel like, especially since we now know characters don't need CGI trailers to be revealed, that he wouldn't need to be saved when they could've easily said "Hey, guys, don't worry, Rex and XC2 music is coming sooner than you think!". Instead they added the costume and music already.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
More characters are always welcome as long as the last newcomer completely destroys the competitive meta
Sans Undertale.
Doesn't take knockback at all, "dodging" things (while still taking percentage) until he gets to a high enough percent that he gets blown away immediately.

Offensively, all of his attacks are really, really weak (all of them only do ~1%), but have the Karmic Retribution property which, apparently as I've just learned, reduces invincibility frames to zero allowing him to hit his attacks on every single frame and rendering your dodges pretty much useless while under its effects. (It also poisons you).

*first four notes of megalovania*

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But Geno was playable as well, which Shroob suggests isn't a protaganist/main character.

The important factors for a character getting in are, the main character is first for the franchise, after that its whoever else Sakarai wants to put in. I don't think the characters position in the game matters. Whats holding back Geno is more to do with relevance and securing the rites to use the character. He is a character that the silent majority playing this game wont recognize. That is the likely reason he was left out.
Not necessarily the main character. Either the main playable character(or possibly one of many) or the mascot. Pikachu is not the main character of Pokemon. That's Pokemon Trainer. It is however the Mascot of the series and got in first. Most of the time the main playable character is also the mascot(Link, Mario, Ness, etc). Exceptions exist.

One thing people forget is that Sakurai also wants Geno in. His "relevance" isn't a big factor for being an option alone. If Sakurai is choosing the characters, but we don't exactly know the DLC thing well enough. As Vaanrose pointed out, there's really no evidence to suggest he got a list to choose from. Just that he figured out how to make everyone work while Nintendo actually made the choices. It's not that it's impossible, but it's still coming out of nowhere as an idea.

D

Deleted member

I just don't like Rex when there are two waaaay cooler protagonist teams available thanks to Torna, but I was also mostly being tongue-in-cheek. It's just weird that people are insistent on Rex being a thing when he was included as a costume in the pack. It's weird to me. I feel like, especially since we now know characters don't need CGI trailers to be revealed, that he'd be saved when they could've easily said "Hey, guys, don't worry, Rex and XC2 music is coming sooner than you think!". Instead they added the costume and music already.
Well, then that's you then. I'm just hoping that if Sakurai actually goes the distance and makes a second season of DLC, he'd include Rex. I just don't count him out completely because he already has a Mii Costume, since both Link and Chrom already have Mii Fighter outfits. But knowing me, somehow in someway, I'm apparently wrong for thinking that.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Well, then that's you then. I'm just hoping that if Sakurai actually goes the distance and makes a second season of DLC, he'd include Rex. I just don't count him out completely because he already has a Mii Costume, since both Link and Chrom already have Mii Fighter outfits. But knowing me, somehow in someway, I'm apparently wrong for thinking that.
I'm sure if there's a second season he's very very likely.

But why have Rex when you can have PRINCE ADDAM?

Addam_Portrait.png

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Because I like Rex more. Shoot me. You'd be doing me a favor.
THE VIRGIN REX & PYRA
THE CHAD ADDAM & MYTHRA
THE... WHATEVER SURPASSES CHAD LORA & JIN
SSS TIER: ELMA
SSSS TIER: KOS-MOS

(I'm just messing around man I don't really mind who gets in for the most part)

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Rex and Pyra are one of the few choices I outright object to because good god is 2 the biggest disappointment I've had for a video game, and I was MAJORLY disappointed with Xenoblade X
I can't see eye-to-eye with you on X as I loved it but my god, 2.

My god.

What were your issues with 2?

Torna's been fun though. Good characters, good world, good music. Everything except for the gameplay. I really don't like the combat. Like, in the slightest.

D

Deleted member

Rex and Pyra are one of the few choices I outright object to because good god is 2 the biggest disappointment I've had for a video game, and I was MAJORLY disappointed with Xenoblade X
I liked Xenoblade 2 just a much as Xenoblade 1. Xenoblade X was kinda lame aside from gameplay if I'm being honest.

D

Deleted member

THE VIRGIN REX & PYRA
THE CHAD ADDAM & MYTHRA
THE... WHATEVER SURPASSES CHAD LORA & JIN
SSS TIER: ELMA
SSSS TIER: KOS-MOS

(I'm just messing around man I don't really mind who gets in for the most part)
Adam Warlock tier: Crash Bandicoot

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

My god.

Torna's been fun though. Good characters, good world, good music. Everything except for the gameplay. I really don't like the combat. Like, in the slightest.
See I liked a lot about X but I hated a lot more, so when they outright said 2 was for people disappointed in X, I expected a half decent game. Not that ****ing mess. God I hate XB2 with a burning passion

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

My god.

let's list the good things about 2!
  • The music
  • Designs made by Nomura
Wow, that was fun!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It will still be a matter of time before modes are in updates right now it’s just fixes just like he said

And I do feel bosses will be updates

I mean 30 end up with the hands in classic

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I like that the update is getting patch notes. I'm gonna guess it's mostly bugfixes but hey, maybe we will get some extra modes. I'm not holding my breath, though. I feel like if we were going to get extra modes they would have already been in.

let's list the good things about 2!
  • The music
  • Designs made by Nomura
Wow, that was fun!
Good things about 2:
-not the base game, that's for sure!

:4pacman:

Okay I feel that's mean to Morag who did nothing wrong Morag can stay

D

Deleted member

I liked Xenoblade 2 because I thought it had fun gameplay, a likable cast of characters, decent stroy, and amazing music.

According to some here, that makes me a dirty heretic.

D

Deleted member

I can't wait to see this board's reaction to Xenoblade 3. I'll have my fries ready for all of the salt that will be poured :).

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Is it just me, or did Sakurai improve the AI in Ultimate tenfold?
Last night I got Ganon-cided by a Lv. 9 Ganondorf, and this morning I saw a Lv. 9 Toon Link use a bomb on itself to boost its recovery.

Also Lv. 9 Inklings can squidbag.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
It will still be a matter of time before modes are in updates right now it’s just fixes just like he said

And I do feel bosses will be updates

I mean 30 end up with the hands in classic
That's not out of the ordinary though. The Hands were always our opponents in classic mode until now.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
How often do you guys use the short-hop attack shortcut thing?

I know it's totally fine to use but I feel dirty doing it for some reason.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I liked Xenoblade 2 because I thought it had fun gameplay, a likable cast of characters, decent stroy, and amazing music.

According to some here, that makes me a dirty heretic.
More like people didn't like a game you like, and that just means that they have different opinions about a videogame than you. It's not that deep. I see way more people who liked 2 and hate on X when my opinion is reversed. It's all gravy. I like the Super Mario Bros. Movie unironically.

D

Deleted member

More like people didn't like a game you like, and that just means that they have different opinions about a videogame than you. It's not that deep. I see way more people who liked 2 and hate on X when my opinion is reversed. It's all gravy. I like the Super Mario Bros. Movie unironically.
I understand that. I'm just tired of everytime it being brought up, this thread goes to ****. That's all. But then again, JRPG fans aren't that pleasant to being with, so it is what it is. Also, what on Earth did you see in the Super Mario Bros movie?

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I understand that. I'm just tired of everytime it being brought up, this thread goes to ****. That's all. But then again, JRPG fans are that pleasant to being with, so it is what it is. Also, what on Earth did you see in the Super Mario Bros movie?
The same thing you saw in Xenoblade 2!

Fun world, strong aesthetic, good soundtrack, enjoyable character interactions especially among the main cast, and dialogue that made me smile. Simple simple.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last night I got Ganon-cided by a Lv. 9 Ganondorf, and this morning I saw a Lv. 9 Toon Link use a bomb on itself to boost its recovery.

Also Lv. 9 Inklings can squidbag.
The AI in Ultimate is insanely good.
ok, Im 100% sure the CPUs in the game are on some drug. Its scary how AI is picking up pro strats

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't buy Xenoblade 2 because it looked like another single player MMO like Xenoblade X.

I'm a huge fan of the aesthetic though, and I'd be more inclined to get it if it was moreso a proper actionRPG than J.
But that's just me not liking realtime JRPG mechanics, which is probably extended to the entire Xeno franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom