• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Fan-rules are dead.

Leakers have fallen.

NateDrake was wrong.

Vergeben is scrambling to keep people from raging at him.
Joker & The Phantom Theives really have changed the hearts of the smash community didn't they?

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Thing is, "new to the series" is just anyone who is not already playable in Smash. Exactly what we already knew, because everyone who has been playable in Smash is playable in Smash. Which basically means anyone is fair consideration as long as they fit Reggie's second criteria, "characters you wouldn't normally expect."

This does actually bode well for Geno.
He said characters you won't anticipate. That bodes the worst for Geno.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
The whole Joker in smash feels like a weird dream holy **** i cant comprehend that this real Persona in smash Hopefully Gunvolt is next

Graizen

Smash Champion
No joke.
With Mortal Kombat 11 on the Switch.
A MK rep is 100% more likely now.

D

Deleted member

I'm on team "new to smash bros".
For argument's sake,
We've known from the beginning that all veterans were returning, so we already knew that no matter what, any character added would be 'new to Smash Bros.". It was even stated during the final direct that all DLC would be 'new characters; not echoes".

Having Reggie come out and say 'New to the Series' mean 'new Characters' would just be redundant; the whole world already knows that whomever is added would be new. Why would his statement not mean new 'series' to Smash Bros, y'know, like exactly as he stated it?

EDIT: Just gonna edit that 'Argument's Sake' thing real quick so Im not attacked lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What's Vergeben been saying? Do you have a link? I'm curious
I haven't actually checked, I just saw someone say he's doing damage control, and plus it's easy to assume we have people making fun of him :p

Having Reggie come out and say 'New to the Series' mean 'new Characters' would just be redundant; the whole world already knows that whomever is added would be new. Why would his statement not mean new franchises to the series?
Since he didn't mention new franchises or games at all, he could've meant entirely new characters as in no echoes and just new movesets/unexpected characters.

Really, assuming this is just stretching what he actually said.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No joke.
With Mortal Kombat 11 on the Switch.
A MK rep is 100% more likely now.
It would have to be sub zero or scorpion

But honest either would probably end up with the browser Jr treatment of alts since the ninja costumes for several are the same but with some minor differences

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What's Vergeben been saying? Do you have a link? I'm curious
He did mention this...
If you want to see hear something strange that seems to connect to Joker's reveal is a throwaway account on reddit said might be a Sega character coming, but there wasn't much else. Was the heart a direct hint?
https://i.imgtc.com/uFLPggI.png
Joker is Sega due to them being the parent company of Atlus. I'm going to bug that person if possible and see if they respond or if that was all they used the account for. They didn't say anything at all about who the character might be. The heart I guess could have been. It could've been a coincidence. I'm really not sure.
Interesting...

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I can't see the image Verge posted due to my ****e wifi, can somebody say what the throwaway account said?
It just said that there might be a Sega character, with a little <3 at the end of the message...

And since Joker is technically a Sega character...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ugh, I can hardly wait until Christmas! It's so far... :(
Isabelle is so hot and I can't wait to play as her

D

Deleted member

It just said that there might be a Sega character, with a little <3 at the end of it...

And since Joker is a Sega character...
That... sounds like just some rando who said something

I mean I said "Isabelle is in" before the Nintendo direct on Reddit, doesn't mean that I knew anything. Feels like Vergeben is just doing damage control at this point.
Ugh, I can hardly wait until Christmas! It's so far... :(
Isabelle is so hot and I can't wait to play as her
don't think i didn't notice

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Joker proved that third party companies aren't limited to two unique newcomers...
Sega now has Sonic, Bayonetta, and Joker...

And since fellow Bamco character, Lloyd has been rumored for a while, Agumon was looking a bit unlikely...
But with this news, it wouldn't be too out of the question that we could get two Bandai Namco reps...

That, and Agumon would be kind of a surprise character that not many people would expectr, kinda like what Reggie was saying
I thought that was already proven when Bomberman joined, but I guess ATs are not as playables. People shoul've realized a long time ago that there are no rules. besides Nintendo is almost out of big names.
Hmm.. I get you, so you're relying on the surprising factor more. Who knows.
Let me explain to you.

There is a rivalry between Digimon and Pokémon. Today this is not big , but.
The first time Digimon and Pokémon come together in a game , will be :

A gigantic surprise AND the most Hype alot of people will be for a game in forever.

The words Reggie said just put's Agumon , Klonoa and other "low chance" character alot higher now.
And for Agumon expecialy , this helps alot.

You can include here:
Digimon Survive in 2019 for the Switch
The Eevee/Pokémon X Tamagotchi Crossover in 2019 as well
That could work. I'll say, I like your optimism about "low chance" characters but.. and I really hope that's the case.. but, isn't Nintendo decisions are the hard cold money ones, or am I wrong here? Honestly, I don't know why they picked Persona. Is there's a Switch exclusive or something?

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
I think the only rule we can follow coming up for the next announcements is that anytime there's a blank space in a smash promotional it means something XD

Doodleman999

Smash Rookie
I'm really glad they showed off a dlc character already and that it was a surprising character. With this I really hope people stop expecting fire emblem characters or king ******* boo. Nintendo is clearly knows what they're doing and going for hype unexpected yet great characters. This also helps my hypothesis that all dlc will be from new franchises so they can get new music and representation.

My predictions before the GA's were:
Crono
Banjo & Kazooie
Crash
Lloyd
Scorpion

A lot of these obviously were influenced by my lurking here in hype for release, but scorpion was my big **** prediction so I'm glad Nintendo is going for big **** characters like Joker. We still got MK11 coming to switch guys who knows?

D

Deleted member

It just said that there might be a Sega character, with a little <3 at the end of the message...

And since Joker is technically a Sega character...
A sega character that was known to steal hearts...

Might be reaching though lol. it's quite the subtle hint if true.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I like how all the sudden are people coming out of nowhere saying they don't like Joker
I don't dislike Joker, I also don't care because I have never play any Persona game.... but at least now I can do bad Batman puns nonstop, so I am ok with Joker (Also he is the first Stand User in the game).

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I should clarify that I do not hate Joker’s fans for getting a character. I... will tolerate Joker’s presence. I’m not sure if I can look at him for a while and not think “that could have been Arle” regardless of the truth to that thought, but eventually the salt will run dry.

I’m just giving up early to avoid future disappointment. Arle would have to wait for Wave 3 at this point, and not only is that not happening, we’re not getting a Wave 2 either, and I massively doubt her chances in Smash 6 well before that’s even a possibility. Nothing feels worse in the Smash Speculation scene than knowing your most wanted is not happening. She probably won’t even get a Mii costume. Puyo Puyo will go totally ignored again.

At least Banjo and Crash will make for good consolation prizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom