• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I’m starting to think there’s a chance Goku is the fifth character.

blackghost

Smash Champion
joker
tomb raider
sephiroth
sora
dante
i think all will be third party.

No there will not be goku,wolverine, or any other non video game character.

D

Deleted member

Reggie said: "New to the Series", not "From New Series".

This is misinformation.
Ah, ok, I misinterpreted it then. I figured by 'new to the Series', I thought he meant fighters from 'games new to the series', like since Persona didn't have any reps, 'Persona is new to the Series'. That's why i ruled out Geno. He's from a Mario game and mario has severals reps, so Geno wouldn't be from a 'new series'. It was my interpretation that was skewed; I knew that it had said "New to the Series" already.

Pakky

Smash Hero
joker
tomb raider
sephiroth
sora
dante
i think all will be third party.

No there will not be goku,wolverine, or any other non video game character.
Super Chad Croft please, you can miss me with this new chick.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
View attachment 182098

Does this means that there is no gonna be new DLC Characters from Mario, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Earthbound, Pikmin, etc...?
Because honestly... that's what I wanted... so this kinda dissapoints me.
So would this mean that a majority of the characters that we'll be getting consist of 3rd party characters?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
alright so before I actually went to bed I brought the stream up on my phone and saw the whole thing.

When the lights went out, I half-jokingly thought "WE'RE GETTING SANS?!" and then saw Joker.

I'm not familiar with Persona and my memories from here over the months must've twisted and made me think he was an SE character, so I was disappointed in no Geno but was fine because Joker seems cool. Then, I learned he's actually an Atlus / SEGA character, and after learning that Joker seems to be a fan-pick that's not even on Nintendo, my hopes for Geno have strengthened.

Also, Reggie only said entirely new characters, didn't he? That could just mean no echoes or just new movesets or simply new characters, not all new franchises.

also it's my birthday today and my copy of Smash is expected to come in today so yee.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Reggie said: "New to the Series", not "From New Series".

This is misinformation.
Yeah, it can be interpreted in different ways. "New to the series", to me, means characters who are new to the Smash Bros series. I think it can still be characters from existing series like Metroid, FE, etc, but it would just be characters who have never been in Smash before

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’m starting to think there’s a chance Goku is the fifth character.
Tbh, I wouldn’t worry about Goku or any non game character, Sakurai and his team are the ones seeing if they capable of making Nintendo’s choices playable so they’ll most likely dismiss him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

With Reggie’s comment, we now have even more vague **** to argue over. Amazing.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
alright so before I actually went to bed I brought the stream up on my phone and saw the whole thing.

When the lights went out, I half-jokingly thought "WE'RE GETTING SANS?!" and then saw Joker.

I'm not familiar with Persona and my memories from here over the month must've twisted and made me think he was an SE character, so I was disappointed in no Geno but was fine because Joker seems cool. Then, I learned he's actually an Atlus / SEGA character, and after learning that Joker seems to be a fan-pick that's not even on Nintendo, my hopes for Geno have strengthened.

Also, Reggie only said entirely new characters, didn't he? That could just mean no echoes or just new movesets or simply new characters, not all new franchises.

also it's my birthday today and my copy of Smash is expected to come in today so yee.
I genuinely think we might get Sans and I for one can't wait.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, it can be interpreted in different ways. "New to the series", to me, means characters who are new to the Smash Bros series. I think it can still be characters from existing series like Metroid, FE, etc, but it would just be characters who have never been in Smash before
Thing is, "new to the series" is just anyone who is not already playable in Smash. Exactly what we already knew, because everyone who has been playable in Smash is playable in Smash. Which basically means anyone is fair consideration as long as they fit Reggie's second criteria, "characters you wouldn't normally expect."

This does actually bode well for Geno.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What makes you think so?
What sets him apart from Steve, Sora, Monster Boy, Dante.. etc.? The new game?
Joker proved that third party companies aren't limited to two unique newcomers...
Sega now has Sonic, Bayonetta, and Joker...

And since fellow Bamco character, Lloyd has been rumored for a while, Agumon was looking a bit unlikely...
But with this news, it wouldn't be too out of the question that we could get two Bandai Namco reps...

That, and Agumon would be kind of a surprise character that not many people would expectr, kinda like what Reggie was saying

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Thing is, "new to the series" is just anyone who is not already playable in Smash. Exactly what we already knew, because everyone who has been playable in Smash is playable in Smash. Which basically means anyone is fair consideration as long as they fit Reggie's second criteria, "characters you wouldn't normally expect."

This does actually bode well for Geno.
That is true. But it's hard to say for sure what characters people expect and what characters they don't expect, since everyone has different expectations

Graizen

Smash Champion
What makes you think so?
What sets him apart from Steve, Sora, Monster Boy, Dante.. etc.? The new game?
Let me explain to you.

There is a rivalry between Digimon and Pokémon. Today this is not big , but.
The first time Digimon and Pokémon come together in a game , will be :

A gigantic surprise AND the most Hype alot of people will be for a game in forever.

The words Reggie said just put's Agumon , Klonoa and other "low chance" character alot higher now.
And for Agumon expecialy , this helps alot.

You can include here:
Digimon Survive in 2019 for the Switch
The Eevee/Pokémon X Tamagotchi Crossover in 2019 as well

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Screenshot_20181207-113141.png

I'm sure this has been discussed already but I got this purchase confirmation email so it's cool to have an estimate as to what the upper limit of release dates is.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Joker proved that third party companies aren't limited to two unique newcomers...
Sega now has Sonic, Bayonetta, and Joker...

And since fellow Bamco character, Lloyd has been rumored for a while, Agumon was looking a bit unlikely...
But with this news, it wouldn't be too out of the question that we could get two Bandai Namco reps...

That, and Agumon would be kind of a surprise character that not many people would expectr, kinda like what Reggie was saying
I don't think one third party company would get two dlc characters though. That'd be like playing favorites. I only expect one SE character and one Bamco character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom