• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a trailer in the near future where Sans talks about a "smashing" surprise.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Morag from Xenoblade. :)
I think it's an adorable pfp faygoshill has. I wish the real Morag was that pretty. I'm not sure why, but the characters in-game in XC2 just look very odd to me. The fanart looks much better

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a trailer in the near future where Sans talks about a "smashing" surprise.
First Joker and then Sans?

Might as well add all the characters I love but never ever thought would be in.

Also how are all of you? Hope Smash is treating you as great as it's treating me.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Reggie said all character will be:
1 - From series not in Smash yet
2 - Big Surprises no one is expecting

The list is simple:
>Steve, becouse people don't think he will work in the game
>Sora, the Disney and Square Enix deal
>Agumon, there is no surprise biggers than a official digimon vs pokémon
>Crash, together with Mario and Sonic

Im NOT saying that i don't want or like other characters like Banjo. But i realy think this 4 are the biggest surprises we can realistically expect.

surprise.jpg

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Had the game.. but went for Monster Boy :p
There was a reason for that, don't shoot X)

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
...nope. Still not hyped. Still bummed. Joker's taken the wind out of Arle's sails. He's taken his gun and shot her in the face. This also applies to every other Sega character, the only ones we know are never evers for Smash 5. And probably next game if a reboot is going to happen, since even Sonic isn't a guarantee.

And before somebody says Rosalina/Bowser Jr., third parties don't get more than one character in the same game unless they're Echo Fighters to a newcomer, which ended up only happening for Simon. They're a different case from Nintendo's mascot's franchise.

Plus, I have no experience with Persona 5, and trying to force myself into playing it just for him probably won't be as fun as if I had earnestly been interested.

And I can't blame "Everyone is Here" because even if there were cuts, we still would've gotten Joker.

D

Deleted member

Man, looking at the reaction in this thread to joker, I wish I was a persona fan haha.
also DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon your voice sounds dumb lmao got em

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Reggie said all character will be:
1 - From series not in Smash yet
2 - Big Surprises no one is expecting

The list is simple:
>Steve, becouse people don't think he will work in the game
>Sora, the Disney and Square Enix deal
>Agumon, there is no surprise biggers than a official digimon vs pokémon
>Crash, together with Mario and Sonic

Im NOT saying that i don't want or like other characters like Banjo. But i realy think this 4 are the biggest surprises we can realistically expect.

View attachment 182101
Realistically? Even after we gotten freakin Joker from Persona 5?!

Boi, you better remove Steve from that list lol.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
He wouldnt make it on account of having a character repeatedly shoot themselves in the head with a gun just wouldnt go over well in an e10+ game
I know he wouldn't. I'm just saying he's my favorite of the Persona protagonists

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
...Kinda the point. :laugh:
--------------------------
By the way, I just had a thought.

For Smash 4, Mewtwo was officially unveiled on October 23rd 2014, and became available Early Access on April 15th 2015, getting officially released 13 days later.

Considering the nature of Joker's reveal (no gameplay, just an animated trailer), I can see Joker getting released in... late May, unless he's more complete than they're letting on.
I just hope thy don’t do one at a time Characters. I hope he releases alongside at least ONE other fighter.

D

Deleted member

Wow, so all DLC will be new to the series...that's very interesting.
That means Sephiroth is no longer possible as a Square option. Neither is Geno since it was "Super Mario RPG". That leaves the hypothetical Square rep as Sora, Crono, or Erdrick/Luminary. With Sora being difficult because it requires both Square AND Disney permission, it lowers his chances (not 0, especially since being 'unlikely' seems to increase your chances), meaning Crono or a DQ rep may be out Square character.

Where we do go from there though? Series brand new to Smash? Doesn't necessarily have to be from a game that is on Nintendo's main consoles at the moment (Sega does work with Nintendo and they did have SmT on DS fairly often). I think it may be at least fair to assume they'll be from games well-known at least. We're not about to get, like, Jersey Devil from Sony or something.

Geez...the possibilities are so endless at this point that's its hard to predict lol.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Realistically? Even after we gotten freakin Joker from Persona 5?!

Boi, you better remove Steve from that list lol.
Joker is a Atlus character, and part of him a Sega character.
The Next Shin Megami Tensei game is a Switch exclusive.
I think he was more likely than people think.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
...nope. Still not hyped. Still bummed. Joker's taken the wind out of Arle's sails. He's taken his gun and shot her in the face. This also applies to every other Sega character, the only ones we know are never evers for Smash 5. And probably next game if a reboot is going to happen, since even Sonic isn't a guarantee.

And before somebody says Rosalina/Bowser Jr., third parties don't get more than one character in the same game unless they're Echo Fighters to a newcomer, which ended up only happening for Simon. They're a different case from Nintendo's mascot's franchise.

Plus, I have no experience with Persona 5, and trying to force myself into playing it just for him probably won't be as fun as if I had earnestly been interested.

And I can't blame "Everyone is Here" because even if there were cuts, we still would've gotten Joker.
If what Graizen Graizen says is true.. then many requests chances are narrowing.. hard. If that's truely reggies comment, I'm afraid they're heading main stream. That mean all the iffy characters you don't think belong in Smash.. I really hope that's not the case *mumbles*kjhghkaghudhiu*

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nah, not anymore. P5 is definitely the new fan favorite from what I've seen. Atlus is gonna be milking that bad boy for all it's worth.

And I'm perfectly fine with that.

Also, I'm sure it has already been shared, but here's Xander's thoughts:

Xander will be his own hype man

D

Deleted member

I find it amusing how the trailer said “JOKER” and then “FROM PERSONA 5”
Like, just in case you thought it was the Joker from batman.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wow, so all DLC will be new to the series...that's very interesting.
That means Sephiroth is no longer possible as a Square option. Neither is Geno since it was "Super Mario RPG". That leaves the hypothetical Square rep as Sora, Crono, or Erdrick/Luminary. With Sora being difficult because it requires both Square AND Disney permission, it lowers his chances (not 0, especially since being 'unlikely' seems to increase your chances), meaning Crono or a DQ rep may be out Square character.

Where we do go from there though? Series brand new to Smash? Doesn't necessarily have to be from a game that is on Nintendo's main consoles at the moment (Sega does work with Nintendo and they did have SmT on DS fairly often). I think it may be at least fair to assume they'll be from games well-known at least. We're not about to get, like, Jersey Devil from Sony or something.

Geez...the possibilities are so endless at this point that's its hard to predict lol.
Reggie said: "New to the Series", not "From New Series".

This is misinformation.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The cpu in this game are mother ****ing monsters that I am scared of

Alchadylan

Smash Cadet
Man, for everyone so fixated on newcomer rules, it must suck to having to keep adding addendums and clarification. It is almost like these rules are made up and people keep changing them to fit what they believe

D

Deleted member

Stupid question, how do I register the game so I can get Piranha Plant? I got a physical copy.
Just press x when hovering over the smash icon, and press the register for gold points button. They should send you an email afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom