• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Here are my wishes:
Challenger Pack #1: Joker
Challenger Pack #2: Dante
Challenger Pack #3: Doomguy
Challenger Pack #4: Sora
Challenger Pack #5: 2B
Come on Sakurai! You can do it! Make it happen!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
WAIT YOU GUYS

THE TRAILERS DURING THE VGAS

XANDER MOBUS

THEY PLANNED IT SO THAT HE WAS IN OUR MINDS

IT WAS A SETUP FROM THE START

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nah, the Tarot-Shadow boss fight music from P3.

.........I actually don't remember this song. It's been a looooooooooooong time since I played P3.
It plays only once, just before you awaken your Persona.

Also, uh, okay. I think I mixed up Master of Shadow and Master of Tartarus. They are both good, though.

Shroob

Sup?
......if there is a SE rep, what if none of the names we've been discussing are them and it really is someone like 2B?

I don't know why, since Persona has nothing to do with Nier, but to me, 2B feels like her chances skyrocketed.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Yeah, I'm wondering who people think will be DLC at this point. I'm kind of at a loss. Though this does seem to confirm that there will likely be a pack 2, otherwise naming it pack 1 seems a little odd.

I can't decide if Banjo's chances are better or worse now. Better in the sense that characters that Nintendo seemingly has no reason to support are getting in, but also worse because he would be sort of expected now.

I still think a Dragon Quest character has a good shot. And now I think Sora actually has a chance as well, whereas I had kind of written him off previously. Maybe Crash is a possibility? Otherwise who else is there? Travis Touchdown? Maybe that guy who leaked Dante a while ago wasn't wrong... Also I guess Steve is a possibility. And Lloyd or Yuri.
There's a strong possibility we're getting 3 RPG characters in this Fighter Pass and honestly I wouldn't even be upset.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just woken up and I see that Persona 5's Joker was announced as the first DLC character for Smash Ultimate.

I'm actually very surprised and happy with Joker's inclusion and it does make sense since Persona 5 was a success back in Japan and he was one of the four characters I would want to represent Atlus for Smash.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay so... Sora then? Who else is there?

Edit: is he SE? .-.
Sora is on the list of SE reps, but multiple people have been told it's not him.

That being said, I'm beginning to doubt anyone who says that a character ISN'T the SE character since at this point we have clear evidence of misinformation from Nintendo.

It's still anyone's game at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

......if there is a SE rep, what if none of the names we've been discussing are them and it really is someone like 2B?

I don't know why, since Persona has nothing to do with Nier, but to me, 2B feels like her chances skyrocketed.
I'm all for having 2B in Smash.

Qwaser

The scent of death
NNID
Cheese200200
I'm excited for Joker and all, but hopefully they'll reference the Joker from Persona 2 in some way or form, maybe a alt that has the same color.

D

Deleted member

2B has pretty much as much to do with Nintendo as Joekr does lol. Plus they’re both super popular characters from the most recent entry in their series.

btw DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon wasn’t joker like, you’re most wanted?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey, maybe Joker's final boss should be Yoshi, since he *gets shot*

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
First Noipoi gets Incineroar in Smash, and now you've gotten Joker. This is the year of the underdogs it seems.

Why?
Oh, nothing. Nothing at all. I definitely don't have to change my avatar and signature based on a bet or anything.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros Ultimate will go down as one the best crossovers ever made.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Vergeben double downed on SE still getting a rep. That's about All I've seen thus far.
I still think we are going to get a Square character, but I don't think it's going to be who we think it is anymore is probably the thing. Dragon Quest would be fine, but it's also too safe of pick is the thing. This coming from a Dragon Quest fan. After Joker, I can see this DLC round being a bit more ambitious. If anything I say this raises SE characters chances like Sora or 2B more than anything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Likely nothing. Far as I'm concerned, nothing's changed on that front. So the list of 7 plus Sora being an explicit no and Geno being a "Most likely not" is what we're still at.
Yay, 2 more months of debtaing whether geno has a chance! Fun!

segillav

Smash Apprentice
Well DLC is pretty much wide open now. I know very little about Persona 5 but that reveal was pretty cool. Congrats to Joker & his fans.

omg I have Ultimate in a few hours aaaaaaaaah.

D

Deleted member

smh should have chosen Hitler as the persona rep

unless someone already made that joke

R O F L

Smash Ace
Random thing I noticed: My Music doesn't have the option to chose the songs for the menu, which means after DLC there is still one spot left.

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
Sora is on the list of SE reps, but multiple people have been told it's not him.

That being said, I'm beginning to doubt anyone who says that a character ISN'T the SE character since at this point we have clear evidence of misinformation from Nintendo.

It's still anyone's game at this point.
What the **** did I say? Don’t lose hope on my watch ;)

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I wonder if this means Poochy is still up for grabs...
Well Reggie did say Joker would be a good representation of what DLC is like.

I’m not sure if Poochy is as hype as Joker or would sell as much, or would even warrant his own stage/songs.

If I had to guess I’d say no (DLC spirit when Crafted World comes out seems more likely), but I’m rooting for him for you

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I see that some users over at GameFAQs are discrediting Vergeben as usual.

Anyways, I do think just because the Square Enix rep was not first DLC character revealed does not exactly rule out the possibility that it could be shown the future or at a later date. Guess we'll and see in the meantime.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I see that some users over at GameFAQs are discrediting Vergeben as usual.

Anyways, I do think just because the Square Enix rep was not first DLC character revealed does not exactly rule out the possibility that it could be shown the future or at a later date. Guess we'll and see in the meantime.
Regardless of DLC, Verge had knowledge of base roster. And honestly after Joker, a SE Rep seems like a likelihood just cuz 3rd Party

osby

Smash Obsessed
You can’t just say that and not provide a link.
Watch me.

Well Reggie did say Joker would be a good representation of what DLC is like.

I’m not sure if Poochy is as hype as Joker or would sell as much, or would even warrant his own stage/songs.

If I had to guess I’d say no (DLC spirit when Crafted World comes out seems more likely), but I’m rooting for him for you
I guess we'll get more out-of-there third parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom