• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Any new news or stuff is relatively the same?
Y'know what screw Smash.
THIS is the best thing we'll see at TGA
The darkest of night falls around my soul
And the hunter within loses control

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeah. Only one I'd add left is Sylux. Both aside from that, Metroid is covered pretty damn good. DK needs Dixie, Kirby needs Bandana Waddle Dee, and Zelda needs Skull Kid.
Zelda doesn't need Skull Kid lol. It needs Impa or Tingle.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Y'know what screw Smash.
THIS is the best thing we'll see at TGA
YO WHAT YO WHAT YO WHAT WHAT THE HOW WHAT. I went to the Weezer/Pixies tour whenever it hit Texas this is ****ing insane

D

Deleted member

My thing-I-wish-for-from-the-Game-Awards-even-though-it-won't-happen-shutup-let-me-dream is more (and better) DLC for Fire Emblem Warriors.

And I will quote this post if we actually get it.
Eh, just make a sequel already.
Focus on FE7, FE8 and FE9 with Roy and Alm as Lyn/Celica guests.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah. Only one I'd add left is Sylux. Both aside from that, Metroid is covered pretty damn good. DK needs Dixie, Kirby needs Bandana Waddle Dee, and Zelda needs Skull Kid Midna.
Fixed. :seuss:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My thing-I-wish-for-from-the-Game-Awards-even-though-it-won't-happen-shutup-let-me-dream is more (and better) DLC for Fire Emblem Warriors.

And I will quote this post if we actually get it.
I hope they declone some of the more important characters like Lyn or Celica.
It's seriously kinda lame that Lyn isn't the Vergil of FE:W.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Welp
literally what’s the point of getting Kraid in if you’re gonna use mini Kraid. That’s would be like making Godzilla super tiny in a fighting game. Yes I know Kraid was originally small, but he’s far more well-known as a giant and zero mission even retconned his size. Yes I know too big, but being big is Kraid’s entire point. With Ridley it’s debatable, but with Kraig it’s practically undeniable
TIME TO ADVOCATE FOR KRAID TO BE IN SMASH FOR THE NEXT 17 YEARS!

See you guys in 2035 when Ultra New Paper Super Smash Bros. Infinite Ultimax 3 EX DX Special Edition Turbo & Knuckles 64 Cross Tag Battle comes out!

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Eh, just make a sequel already.
Focus on FE7, FE8 and FE9 with Roy and Alm as Lyn/Celica guests.
Yeah but I don't want to grind through another $60 game. I just want better characters, new animations and new areas to beat **** up.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
what if they had the Rock's head on the muffin mans body riding on a shamu and shamu opens his mouth and you got iron man in there and he's like "who ordered the fish and chips"

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I hope they declone some of the more important characters like Lyn or Celica.
It's seriously kinda lame that Lyn isn't the Vergil of FE:W.
wait hold the phone does fe warriors have clones in it

its even worse than i thought oh my god

D

Deleted member

Like, I think this line-up of characters for some series would be cool:

Legend of Zelda: :ultlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultganondorf::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink: (Skull Kid) (Impa) (Ghiraham)
Metroid: :ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultdarksamus: (Sylux IF he is MP4's main antagonist)
Donkey Kong: :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:(Dixie)
Kirby: :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:(Bandana Waddle Dee)
Zelda doesn't need Skull Kid lol. It needs Impa or Tingle.
Impa yes. Tingle no.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
literally what’s the point of getting Kraid in if you’re gonna use mini Kraid. That’s would be like making Godzilla super tiny in a fighting game. Yes I know Kraid was originally small, but he’s far more well-known as a giant and zero mission even retconned his size. Yes I know too big, but being big is Kraid’s entire point. With Ridley it’s debatable, but with Kraig it’s practically undeniable
June 12th, 2018 says hi

GhostYB

Smash Apprentice
crash team racing reboot/remake maybe

oh you mean about smash, not really
YOOOOOOOO I SAW THAT, HYPE!

im not gonna be a tard and say if this comes to switch it confirms crash for smash, but as the days progress the more i want crash in the game.

D

Deleted member

So I was looking through the Smash website sorted by series, and I noticed something.

The only not dead first party franchises that only have one rep that could actually have a unique fighter (who's an actual character, assuming something like P L A N T doesn't happen again) are Splatoon, Xenoblade, Warioware, maybe Yoshi, and maybe Pikmin.

Not like Sakurai and Nintendo cares about "number of reps" or things like that too much when making fighters, but it's something to ponder about. They could potentially want to promote some of these currently alive franchises that aren't too heavily repped.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Like, I think this line-up of characters for some series would be cool:

Legend of Zelda: :ultlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultganondorf::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink: (Skull Kid) (Impa) (Ghiraham)
Metroid: :ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultdarksamus: (Sylux IF he is MP4's main antagonist)
Donkey Kong: :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:(Dixie)
Kirby: :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:(Bandana Waddle Dee)

Impa yes. Tingle no.
Scratch off Impa and I'm good

D

Deleted member

Yeah but I don't want to grind through another $60 game. I just want better characters, new animations and new areas to beat **** up.
And I don't want to buy an old $60 game + DLC when I could just buy a new $60 game with all the DLC contemt for free.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
So I was looking through the Smash website sorted by series, and I noticed something.

The only not dead first party franchises that only have one rep that could actually have a unique fighter (who's an actual character, assuming something like P L A N T doesn't happen again) are Splatoon, Xenoblade, Warioware, maybe Yoshi, and maybe Pikmin.

Not like Sakurai and Nintendo cares about "number of reps" or things like that too much when making fighters, but it's something to ponder about. They could potentially want to promote some of these currently alive franchises that aren't too heavily repped.
poochy time

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Would you guys be cool with a single character getting multiple Echoes? Like Samus getting both Dark Samus and uh.... Light Samus? Something like that.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Can someone clear up the Hitagi Lloyd thing please? Last time I recall Hitagi said Lloyd wasnt in and then she said her dlc list was fake besides Steve. Did things change now with the unverified source Polarpanda heard about? Does Hitagi have new information on Lloyd now? I'm confused.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's taking a lot of willpower for me not to cancel my discounted physical order of Smash and just get the digital version hhhhhhhh

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I honestly have trouble believing the 2014 thing. How would this source know who was considered and who wasn't? Unless they have a connection to whoever from Nintendo made these decisions, they shouldn't have that information.
They clarified the 2014 limitation was the (LLoyd) spot.

D

Deleted member

GIVE. ME. METAL. FACE.
Like I think the "archer" class is really made up of archers.
Fixed that for you

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Would you guys be cool with a single character getting multiple Echoes? Like Samus getting both Dark Samus and uh.... Light Samus? Something like that.
I'd rather not have any more echoes in general.
I'd much rather have a clone with something to make me want to play them than a Dark Pit style "His victory theme is different."

Well, unless you're a Ken style of echo in which case I'd be totally fine.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

It's Mona's time to shine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom