• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'd be down with it. I like Xenoblade, so chopping through hordes of enemies as Shulk, Elma, or Rex would be fun.

Besides, I believe the Xenoblade community would treat their Warriors game 50x better than Fire Emblem did lol.
The Fire Emblem community was pretty justified in their disappointment though.
Like, this is what we could've gotten:

There's so much to represent with Fire Emblem, but instead we get Fateswakening (including EVERY ****ING ROYAL FROM FATES which was completely unnecessary), with some Shadow Dragon sprinkled in and Lyn and Celica, one of which was a nod to Gaiden and the other of which was a literal last second addition. No Radiant Dawn or Path of Radiance, no Genealogy or Thracia, no Elibe or Valentia outside of references from Lyn and Celica, no Magvell, just Fateswakening with the absolute minimum of Shadow Dragon (Marth and Co. show up 2/3 of the way into the game and are sidelined by the original plot of the game picking back up).

No Knights, no infantry axe units, no cavalry lance units, no, and the only infantry lance unit is DLC. Only three unique DLC fighters were added out of nine, whereas the other six were either repeated movesets or units already within the game, but just not playable.

Compared to Hyrule Warriors which did such an amazing job representing the entire series with it's Deluxe version and had so much moveset variety, Fire Emblem Warriors was nothing short of a let down.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why was Ike not in the big Warrior crossover? Isn't he like a major character?
Fire Emblem Warriors Developers: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's so much to represent with Fire Emblem, but instead we get Fateswakening (including EVERY ****ING ROYAL FROM FATES which was completely unnecessary), with some Shadow Dragon sprinkled in. Oh and Lyn and Celica are there too for some reason as well. No Knights, no infantry axe units, no cavalry lance units, no, and the only infantry lance unit is DLC.

Compared to Hyrule Warriors which did such an amazing job representing the entire series with it's Deluxe version and had so much moveset variety, Fire Emblem Warriors was nothing short of a let down.
Hey man, I understand the frustration, believe me I do, but some people took the salt to hilarious levels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why was Ike not in the big Warrior crossover? Isn't he like a major character?
Oh hell yeah he is.
But the game had some stupid ass decisions put into it so now we have a big crossover title with only 3 games from the franchise, the first, and the latest two games, on top of the latest game getting the most characters for absolutely ZERO reason and where a weapon-triangle has to be put into consideration for a ****ing ACTION GAME.
The only exceptions of those 3 franchises being 2 clones of existing characters.
WHO THE **** WANTED TO PLAY AS EVERY SINGLE ROYAL FATES SIBLING? WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA.

At least I now have HD Lyn sprites. (Which is more than I can say for the rest of the FE7 trio)
3D Lyn.png

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

There's so much to represent with Fire Emblem, but instead we get Fateswakening (including EVERY ****ING ROYAL FROM FATES which was completely unnecessary), with some Shadow Dragon sprinkled in and Lyn and Celica, one of which was a nod to Gaiden and the other of which was a literal last second addition. No Radiant Dawn or Path of Radiance, no Genealogy or Thracia, no Elibe or Valentia outside of references from Lyn and Celica, no Magvell,

No Knights, no infantry axe units, no cavalry lance units, no, and the only infantry lance unit is DLC. Only three unique DLC fighters were added out of nine, whereas the other six were either repeated movesets or units already within the game, but just not playable.

I love Awakening and don't hate Fates and even really like seeing some of the Fates characters but oh my god the roster in this game is so bad. Yeah, it took some DLC and rereleases to get Hyrule Warriors to where it is today but oh my god that game is stuffed with representation from the whole series. It has Marin. Marin.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Welcome everyone, to the 8-est page of the thread! Please, enjoy your stay, and be sure to have a gr8 day!

Pokémon Warriors: Deerling’s Revenge. Make it happen!

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
There are too many Fire Emblem character in the series as a whole so they decided to limited themselves to three games. That's my theory anyways.

BTW we are on page 8888.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Gamexplain uploaded a Game Awards 2018 prediction video about 20 minutes ago, has it been posted here yet?
Nope, but if you want to know about Smash DLC, Jon is like "Can happens, and if it happens, it will probably be a big surprise characters to make sure people buy the fighter pass the next day/Following hours. However, it might also be too soon for Nintendo to play this card"
The others two are like "Nah, won't happens, they will at best just show Piranha plant again, or just mention it like "Oh yeah! Smash is coming"."

However, they all feels we will get something else than Just Metroid Prime content. Whenever it's DLC, Game announcement or Trailer.

D

Deleted member

8888, gotta get my DLC wish in.

Rex and Pyra or Elma or KOS-MOS or Midna or Skull Kid or Urbosa or any Xeno(blade)/Zelda newcomer, please luck gods

vriska t8me

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Nope, but if you want to know about Smash DLC, Jon is like "Can happens, and if it happens, it will probably be a big surprise characters to make sure people buy the fighter pass the next day/Following hours. However, it might also be too soon for Nintendo to play this card"
The others two are like "Nah, won't happens, they will at best just show Piranha plant again, or just mention it like "Oh yeah! Smash is coming"."

However, they all feels we will get something else than Just Metroid Prime content. Whenever it's DLC, Game announcement or Trailer.
I don't exactly think Smash DLC will be there.

But the concept of them going "hey guys make sure to buy our game releasing in MERE HOURS" and then....
nothing.

Really perplexes me.

D

Deleted member

Oh hell yeah he is.
But the game had some stupid *** decisions put into it so now we have a big crossover title with only 3 games from the franchise, the first, and the latest two games, on top of the latest game getting the most characters for absolutely ZERO reason and where a weapon-triangle has to be put into consideration for a ****ing ACTION GAME.
The only exceptions of those 3 franchises being 2 clones of existing characters.
WHO THE **** WANTED TO PLAY AS EVERY SINGLE ROYAL FATES SIBLING? WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA.

At least I now have HD Lyn sprites. (Which is more than I can say for the rest of the FE7 trio)
View attachment 181472
I love Awakening and don't hate Fates and even really like seeing of the Fates characters and oh my god the roster in this game is so bad. Yeah, it took some DLC and rereleases to get Hyrule Warriors to where it is today but oh my god that game is stuffed with representation from the whole series. It has Marin. Marin.
I agree, the team didn't put anywhere near the effort they had for Hyrule Warriors into Fire Emblem Warriors. I wouldn't be surprised if the original idea for the game was to only include Marth and the Awakening and Fates cast of characters.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Guess I better put my hopes in for Phoenix Wright as well.

8s are my specialty after all.

Man though, the w8 is unbearable.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
OCTOLING SQUAD, WHO'S UP?
Octolings are pretty cute. I remember seeing a funny post about how Octling was surprised to find out Inklings do stupid contests for petty things like favorite drink favors after just escaping a dictatorship, I can't find it though.

D

Deleted member

I love Awakening and don't hate Fates and even really like seeing of the Fates characters and oh my god the roster in this game is so bad. Yeah, it took some DLC and rereleases to get Hyrule Warriors to where it is today but oh my god that game is stuffed with representation from the whole series. It has Marin. Marin.
Seriously, I think the only games that got no callback whatsoever are the Oracle games, Zelda 2 and maybe Link to the Past if my memory is correct.
Would've been awesome to get Agahnim though but I'll take what I can get.
>Youtube Ads
>In our lord and saviour 2000+18
Eh. :happysheep:
I bought YouTube Premium specifically to not see ads on mobile.
Also to play videos in the background and when my phone's screen is off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There's almost no way Nintendo doesn't say something about Smash, and that's why I feel confident in...something. Like there'll definitely be some sort of launch trailer.

Idk bruh, but this is basically Gaming Infinity War, and you've got some awesome timing to have the game come out the day after a big event in gaming. Like I can't think of a better way for this game to launch, especially because it's not like E3 is plowing through. It's just the Game Awards. You can straight up be like, "So the game of the century is coming out within hours, and surely fans are chomping at the bit to get their hands on the game. We've got a little something for you to get through the next few hours!"

Bam, something something Smash related. It might not be new content, but Smash will be there, even if it's a launch trailer with a cool highlight reel.

Otherwise I still think Metroid Prime will end up there. Or Bayonetta 3.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Fire Emblem Warriors 2 at the FE Expo next May, you heard it here along with several other posts on this thread.

Also, Jugdral remakes with Arvis in Smash, please and thank you Intelligent Systems/Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the "Great Divide" in the Fire Emblem fanbase is both hilarious and interesting to me at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom