• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Y'all can complain about Fateswakening all you want, but the one thing that prevails over that is how apparently you need to have Smash involved with FE at all times. The meme "Are Marth and Roy in this game?" exists for a reason. Ike and Roy even reference how most of their popularity comes from Smash in Heroes. There are more characters in Fire Emblem than the ones in Smash.

Most forget that Hyrule Warriors did the exact same thing by representing only three games at first, and adding more later. But you know. Since FE Warriors had piss poor marketing and the FE community was unpleasant as always, people started treating the game as if it was the worst thing in the world.

Never mind the fact that it had so many great things. Like the option to switch between frame rate and resolution. Full voice acting. Crossover supports. Only having one giant boss, meaning things were less intrusive. Pair up and the weapon triangle being implemented well. Your AI teammates being actually really helpful. The amazing music. Etc, etc.

But, y'know. Ike and Roy aren't in the game, so it must suck.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Fire Emblem Warriors 2 at the FE Expo next May, you heard it here along with several other posts on this thread.

Also, Jugdral remakes with Arvis in Smash, please and thank you Intelligent Systems/Sakurai.
"Arvis turns up the heat!"

Last edited:

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322

Somebody mentioned 8888 getting your character in if you post them in it. So give me my boy Travis Mr. Sakurai

D

Deleted member

The worst part about FEW is that we didn't even get interesting Fates characters. And this is all because IS thought it was a good idea to make a main cast comprised of 10 characters who are all basically mini-lords.
Oboro and Niles were lucky and even then they were DLC only.
No Arthur, no Saizo, no Silas, no Jakob, no Charlotte, no Shura, no Keaton, no Kaden, and no hope for Forrest. Hell, AZURA didn't even make it into base.

What they should have had done is cut the "essential" sibling roster to Xander and Ryoma, the two main ones, amd then Camilla and Takumi, the most popular of each family.
Leo and Hinoka are completely pointless and the little sisters just aren't absolutely forgettable because of their annoying voices.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Y'all can complain about Fateswakening all you want, but the one thing that prevails over that is how apparently you need to have Smash involved with FE at all times. The meme "Are Marth and Roy in this game?" exists for a reason. Ike and Roy even reference how most of their popularity comes from Smash in Heroes. There are more characters in Fire Emblem than the ones in Smash.

Most forget that Hyrule Warriors did the exact same thing by representing only three games at first, and adding more later. But you know. Since FE Warriors had piss poor marketing and the FE community was unpleasant as always, people started treating the game as if it was the worst thing in the world.

Never mind the fact that it had so many great things. Like the option to switch between frame rate and resolution. Full voice acting. Crossover supports. Only having one giant boss, meaning things were less intrusive. Pair up and the weapon triangle being implemented well. Your AI teammates being actually really helpful. The amazing music. Etc, etc.

To be fair.
There was more than "Ike and Roy aren't in the game so it must suck"

They managed to makes clones in a ****ing Musou games, that's like the peak of laziness.
The production value is less than Hyrule Warrior same as it's content. And I mean base game.
Managed to even be Lazy for DLC.
Characters choices within the games choosen Suck hard.

"MUH ROSTER ROY AND IKE" Is a ****ty, but valid argument. But there way more than that.

However, one good point being the Support. Loved that as always.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Nope, but if you want to know about Smash DLC, Jon is like "Can happens, and if it happens, it will probably be a big surprise characters to make sure people buy the fighter pass the next day/Following hours. However, it might also be too soon for Nintendo to play this card"
The others two are like "Nah, won't happens, they will at best just show Piranha plant again, or just mention it like "Oh yeah! Smash is coming"."

However, they all feels we will get something else than Just Metroid Prime content. Whenever it's DLC, Game announcement or Trailer.
So, pretty much we won't know until it happens.

Gr8.

Also Sakurai please give me Sora I swear I've been a good boy this year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ah right, I forgot Anna is in FEW like, 100% of the time. Probably the only good roster choice they made.

beans

Smash Lord
Geno I guess
also my toho hakurei reimu
cmon quads

oh bother

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Nah, it sucked because the game sucked and the fanservice sucked.
If both of those suck, why am I here?

Probably to listen to the banging soundtrack and the support convos, but that's beside the point.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
To be fair.
There was more than "Ike and Roy aren't in the game so it must suck"

They managed to makes clones in a ****ing Musou games, that's like the peak of laziness.
The production value is less than Hyrule Warrior same as it's content. And I mean base game.
Managed to even be Lazy for DLC.
Characters choices within the game choosen Suck hard.

"MUH ROSTER ROY AND IKE" Is a ****ty, but valid argument. But there way more than that.

However, one good point being the Support. Loved that as always.
True, but the complaint is brought up so much that it's hard to take seriously anymore. And now I think the prospect of a sequel is in limbo due to how volatile the reaction was to FE Warriors. Just a ****ty situation for a game that's perfectly fine.

(Also, there may be clones, but at least none of the movesets are a total chore to play as.)

Fi.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, is anyone going to a midnight release event for Smash Bros. Ultimate?

I know I am.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman

Probably to listen to the banging soundtrack and the support convos, but that's beside the point.
Well then, at that point, you just think it's bad because it didn't cater to you, specifically.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
True, but the complaint is brought up so much that it's hard to take seriously anymore. And now I think the prospect of a sequel is in limbo due to how volatile the reaction was to FE Warriors. Just a ****ty situation for a game that's perfectly fine.

(Also, there may be clones, but at least none of the movesets are a total chore to play as.)

Fi.
i can honestly say that the roster is a big issue even to non fans. i, the exact opposite of an fe fan but a big fan of musous, would have been willing to try it out if the roster wasn't a dumpster fire.

not a single playable villain, even in the dlc, despite having them there in the game as boss fights. come on.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Fi.
I wouldn't say the prospect of a sequel is "in limbo," I'd say it's all but confirmed. The game was a massive success, selling over 1 million units, and Koei Techmo even said they want to do another one.

Fire Emblem Warriors 2 isn't a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Say, is anyone going to a midnight release event for Smash Bros. Ultimate?

I know I am.
I am. It's great because I don't have to travel at all!

I'm talking about having the game pre-downloaded so I don't have to go to a crowded midnight release that smells like body odor.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

The game wasn't bad. Gameplay wise Fire Emblem Warriors is a clear step up from Hyrule Warriors. The game's glaring flaw is it's roster; everything else about the game is good.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Mfw I pulled some strings with my local store and I'll have the game tomorrow, but stil have a ****tons of work to do nonetheless

I hate life and responsabilities :drflip:

Graizen

Smash Champion

Trying to think of more digimon music that could be in smash

Not really some outstanding tunes from Digimon Dusk and Dawn although a remix could help

Havent played cyber sleuth yet but im certain theres plenty of good tracks there
You need to look for Digimon games soundtracks, they have some amazyng music there, look :

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am. It's great because I don't have to travel at all!

I'm talking about having the game pre-downloaded so I don't have to go to a crowded midnight release that smells like body odor.
Like I said, I am going to one. It happens at 9:00 PM Mountain time where I am at.

Wait, there is body odor in the midnight releases in your area?

D

Deleted member

Don't to much about it. Explenation?
The fanbase was split with the advent of Awakening and Fates. There's the Old Guard, fans of the GBA titles and Tellius duology, and the New Blood, fans of Awakening and Fates.

What's so interesting to me is how the Old Guard will claim that the older FE title were "not anime", even thought they kinda of were. It's interesting to see some of them act like Awakening and Fates spelled doom for the franchise. Despite my own grievances with the two games and admited doubt for FE's future, when you look at the sales numbers, it's the opposite. They revived Fire Emblem, but not in the way the Old Guard hoped they would.

And I find it funny that the New Blood always says the Elitists are the ones causing the problems, when they themselves has had they're fair share of shade in this struggle. I remember their being this one individual who claimed that Tharica 766 was the absolutle worst game in the series, but then he blatantly admited he never played it. I wouldn't be suprised if the New Blood condemned the older FE games purely to spire the Old Guard in response their spiting of Awakening and Fates.

It's a really weird case of Identity Crisis for a fandom, and in many cases it's also hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
The one thing I won't ever defend FE Warriors on is some of its DLC characters. Niles, Oboro, Owain, and Navarre. You know, the ones that were supposed to be playable in base, but didn't quite make it. That was pretty scummy to just sell them later when they should've just been free DLC soon after the initial release. It's not even that weird of a prospect either, because Koei did the same thing with Cia, Volga, Wizzro, and Medli in HW.

That was something I could never understand.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The abysmal way Koei-Temco treated the character choices in FE Warriors makes me dread the fact they've stated interest in a Xeno Warriors. Keep this company far away from franchises I love, thanks.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
When Metal Face joins the battle, Alfonso is in charge of the plains
Alfonso: "Leave it to me!"
I can't unhear Knuckle Joe's voice whenever I read that line, lmao

The abysmal way Koei-Temco treated the character choices in FE Warriors makes me dread the fact they've stated interest in a Xeno Warriors. Keep this company far away from franchises I love, thanks.
I dunno, there's potential for new clean models. I for one would love their take on my girl Kassy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom