• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'd remove Chrom and Corrin because I don't like them and replace the two with Celica and Elm

But hey what do I know about Smash anyway?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Smash can contribute to a character's popularity you know...
That would mean that
33k and 29k so around 60k of players were mostly Smash fans who voted Roy and Ike.
Counter point being that Lyn and Lucina were both winner in the girls side.

D

Deleted member

If I had to cut a FE character, I'd cut K. Rool without a second thought.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"Marth without tippers" is objectively a major difference from Marth in terms of serious, competitive play though. It goes so far that even pros like Zero main her over Marth because of the consistency. Such a minor change is actually a major difference between her and her base. Both you and your opponent can change your entire playstyle when Lucina is in play vs when Marth is in play
It's a major difference that still makes her have far less variance than every other Marth variant and most other clones.

And besides that wasn't the point, Marth -potential reward +consistency is still incredibly lame of a character concept.
Imagine if Ken was just "Ryu but with no command inputs." which while providing technically a different albeit extremely similar style of play, is still really uninteresting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's a major difference that still makes her have far less variance than every other Marth variant and most other clones.
And besides that wasn't the point, Marth -potential reward +consistency is still incredibly lame of a character concept. Imagine if Ken was just "Ryu but with no command inputs." which while providing technically a different style of play, is still really uninteresting.
You do you, I think Ken not having command inputs but moves that are stronger then Ryu's no command input moves but weaker then Ryu's command input moves would actually be really interesting to see how it affects the meta. To each their own.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Okay, what if I cut Corrin and replace him with Fredrick. On one hand thats 4 characters from Awakening. But also we get Fredrick.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Okay, what if I cut Corrin and replace him with Fredrick. On one hand thats 4 characters from Awakening. But also we get Fredrick.
Then people will complain about Awakening being overrepped

It's a never ending lose-lose scernio for the FE fans

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Going a bit off topic here, How would you guys react if we get teasers for the other characters in the fighter pass at the VGAs, like what Tekken 7 did?

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
That would mean that
33k and 29k so around 60k of players were mostly Smash fans who voted Roy and Ike.
Counter point being that Lyn and Lucina were both winner in the girls side.
-Ike was still extremely popular, even outside of Smash. He's honestly one of the most, if not the most, well-received FE characters in both FE and Smash.
-Lyn obviously is the big outlier in all of this, as you mentioned. Literally the most popular FE character (you could make the debate of Lyn vs Ike, buy I'm not going into that). And she doesn't have Smash to thank for that.
-Lucina was still one of the most popular characters from Awakening, even within the FE community.
-Roy is very popular among the Smash community, but in the FE community, it's MUCH more divisive. People either love him or outright hate him.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Name 5 words that Frederick has said in his life that aren't "Pick a god and pray."

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Why? Is he/she that bad of character? I meant, I'm pretty sure they could do better with them.
Oh, they could do much worse. Like Glass, the mercenary who boasts that his swordplay intimidates the gods, and is promptly bodied by a 15 18-year-old girl.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I kinda hope one of the DLC characters is Agumon, even if is impossible.
Not because I love Digimon, not because is a very important part of my childhood, not because anything, but for the small, minuscule, ridiculous impossible chance that it will come with the theme "Butterfly".
Is just too good, ok?
Yeah , maybe...

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
for the dlc characters we're gonna get silhouettes again just like the first trailer screencap this

oh it's that one guy

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Cutting FE characters?
I can't choose tbh
Anyone I think of feels like shooting myself on the foot
Can't cut Lucina 'cause she's my favorite, can't cut Marth and Ike because I love them and they're too iconic. I like Roy and love how he plays now. Robin is very unique not only among the FE cast but overall, Corrin, as much as I dislike them in Fates, is also fun and unique. Can't cut Chrom because he got his chance and he looks like he'll be amazing.

But add? Give me Celica, Micaiah, Fjorm, Eldegard, Lyn, Hector, Alm... (and the list goes on)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh, they could do much worse. Like Glass, the mercenary who boasts that his swordplay intimidates the gods, and is promptly bodied by a 15 18-year-old girl.
Don't underestimate 18 year old girls in Japan.

They've got the power of friendship and more importantly plot armor to tear through anything.
In fact I'm pretty sure that's the premise of Sailor Moon.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Don't underestimate 18 year old girls in Japan.

They've got the power of friendship and more importantly plot armor to tear through anything.
In fact I'm pretty sure that's the premise of Sailor Moon.
She's 15 in Japan...

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Now for day 3!
This is fitting, given the current discussion ^here

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I would probably cut Corrin and Roy and replace them with Tiki (adult Tiki) and Ana (with her bow as main weapon).

I like Lucina, Ike, Robin, and Chrom too much to get rid of. And Marth is essential

Last edited:

Phobos_Anomaly

Smash Cadet
So instead of wishing characters from a franchise to be cut that are already in the game why don't we discuss adding characters to any particular franchise that's considered severely underrepresented?

F-Zero for example. Would they ever add anyone else from that series? If ever?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Could anybody tell me, without bias, why Corrin is a bad character? Anybody.
He/she is just bland to me. They don’t have a personality like Robin did as the avatar. Also, depending on what game you play they are very naive with no real arc. Most of the characters in Fates are better then them also.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
So instead of wishing characters from a franchise to be cut that are already in the game why don't we discuss adding characters to any particular franchise that's considered severely underrepresented?

F-Zero for example. Would they ever add anyone else from that series? If ever?
black shadow as a falcon echo. just do it already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom