• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I'm definitely banking on Porky(for Ness and Lucas), and Medusa(Isabelle and Palutena) being added.
i wouldn't bank on any character that has a spirit in the game being added in a boss fight, but that might just be me. i would love to see porky just

in the game at all

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I still don't get the "a Square Enix" rep... after only having 2 FF songs, Cloud being the only character using his smash ultimate render for his spirit, no more spirits or assist trophies... it feels like Square Enix doesn't want to give anything to Nintendo at all.
I even question HOW Sakurai managed to get Cloud in with all of SE being the way they are. It's like half the time SE doesn't give a **** about their fans.

D

Deleted member

I feel Lyn’s chances just aren’t that great anymore regards to future Smash titles because the demand for her promotion is nowhere Waluigi or Isaac’s.
Yeah, pretty much this. If we're looking at Assist Trophies getting promoted in the future (which I doubt, considering I believe this Fighters Pack is all we're getting), the ATs with the biggest campaigns surrounding them would be Waluigi (obviously), Isaac (again, obviously), Shadow (for Echo Fighter purposes), Alucard (considering how much detailing was put into him), and possibly either Spring Man, Zero, or Ashley.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I still don't get the "a Square Enix" rep... after only having 2 FF songs, Cloud being the only character using his smash ultimate render for his spirit, no more spirits or assist trophies... it feels like Square Enix doesn't want to give anything to Nintendo at all.
How about just thinking it that way

Nintendo had to remake every characters in the game and bring back every veteran, get Castlevania, Metal Gear licence back.
And what they did was just renewing the licence they already had instead of being hardass and go to make a shaky deal with Square-Enix and take the risk to lose Cloud, or pay more money than needed.
Remember. The project plan was over in December 2015. Literally the same month Cloud was released. They probably did it at the same time.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
it's weird to think they were still releasing DLC for the last game while planning for the next one
im still convinced that all of smash 4's dlc was just planned newcomers for ultimate that they released early
They probably were since the project plan was finished a month before Corrin and Bayonetta were out lmao. It would also explain the weird powerfull tool for those characters, very...Out of the smash 4 philosophy

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’ve been under a tree sleeping
Stop sleeping
HE SAID HERE IT IS THE WHOLE DAMN THING BOOM
oh
Not that the other two matter either. So far, Sakurai is dead set on keeping Lyndis, Waluigi, Ashley, Isaac, and Midna purely Assist characters and nothing more. In fact, if there is a new Smash a decade from now, you can almost guarantee that none of them will be in that game in any form at all. Maybe he'll add collectibles in that game with Waluigi, Ashley, and Midna at most, but Lyn and Isaac are going to disappear from Smash forever.

View attachment 181302
They also finally added the Mario Bros. and King Dedede from Kirby Air Ride!
Lyn will stay in Smash...but will be a costume at worst and a mere spirit at best

D

Deleted member

My guess is that from the beginning of 2015 Sakurai had an idea of what he wanted in Smash 5. Bayonetta might have been a character he was thinking of. He just didn’t actually make a proper project plan until December.

D

Deleted member

The audacity of suggesting Corrin was planned for Ultimate
I wonder if Corrin would have been better received had he been revealed in Ultimate, cause his game had come out in the West.

(also zzzz so I won’t be able to respond)

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly I'm really excited for Smash 6 because then SMTV and Shadows of Elibe would've been released and characters from those games would be shoo-in for that game. Right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?
Together we Ride Lyn Eliwood Hector.png

First International Lords btdubs.
I wonder if Corrin would have been better received had he been revealed in Ultimate, cause his game had come out in the West.

Oh, WAY better.
But at that point, I'd just hate Corrin for being a bad character.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
yeah but i just feel the need to say hold your horses. were thinking too far ahead lol.
what would you rather have us talk about spoilers and ruin it for a lot of people

once everyone gets the game we will have tons to talk about, we just can't until release

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Same here I'm so excited how Celica and Alm are basically locks for Smash 5!

(had to, sorry Idon)
Maaaaaybe
If you don't buy into Opossum's conspiracy Celica theory.

And if you don't buy that a Three Houses character would get chosen.
Or that they wouldn't make Shadows of Judgral/Elibe/Magvel.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

You mean this game getting two FE characters? I don't see that going down well. I saw people peeved that Chrom got in as an echo and people were legitimately flipping their lids because FE got some remixes shown off on the blog. I can't see Corrin or most FE characters being received well at this point.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No I'm having a kek at you because those 3 are locks just as Celica and Alm were locks.
They were never really locks.
Not unless you were a really optimistic Brawl speculator who thought that we would get both Marth, Ike, and a FE7 character on top of them.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
They were never really locks.
Not unless you were a really optimistic Brawl speculator who thought that we would get both Marth, Ike, and a FE7 character on top of them.
The point I am trying to make is that just because those 3 may get a remake doesn't really mean much for them being in Smash.
Their relevancy will probably be outdated by the time of Smash 6.

Galaxyman

Smash Journeyman
training stage leaning combos with Ken til I drop
does anyone notice that snake and the belmonts are both zoners. the most irritating play style to fight against (no offence to zoners). and Konami is the scummiest game company represented in smash by firing the literal blood and soul of metal gear and turining castlevania into freaking PACHINKO (th. and then i think: hmm... makes sense.
that picture looks downright creepy. SHE LOOKS LIKE A DEMON BABY

Droodle

Smash Lord
Honestly I'm really excited for Smash 6 because then SMTV and Shadows of Elibe would've been released and characters from those games would be shoo-in for that game.
View attachment 181314
First International Lords btdubs.

Oh, WAY better.
But at that point, I'd just hate Corrin for being a bad character.
Shouldn't the next two echoes games be Shadows of Jugdral/Thracia? I don't think a Shadows of Elibe with both Binding Blade and Blazing Blade is that likely, they would have to make too many story changes in order to connect them more. I could see Lilina getting in for the next Smash but I doubt Lyn, Eliwood, or Hector get in. This is assuming that a remake occurs around every 4 or so years.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maaaaaybe
If you don't buy into Opossum's conspiracy Celica theory.

And if you don't buy that a Three Houses character would get chosen.
Or that they wouldn't make Shadows of Judgral/Elibe/Magvel.
WHERE IS TWILIGHT OF THE GODS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom