• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The point I am trying to make is that just because those 3 may get a remake doesn't really mean much for them being in Smash.
Their relevancy will probably be outdated by the time of Smash 6.
It would probably matter slightly if it gets made before the project plan, if even a little.
SoV probably wasn't even in the running for base roster since it released 2017, 2 years after the project plan finalization.

And if they just hypothetically got a game in the interim, then yeah they'd probably still be relevant by the time Smash 6 rolls around. After all Awakening is still "relevant" even after releasing 6 years ago.
Shouldn't the next two echoes games be Shadows of Jugdral/Thracia? I don't think a Shadows of Elibe with both Binding Blade and Blazing Blade is that likely, they would have to make too many story changes in order to connect them more. I could see Lilina getting in for the next Smash but I doubt Lyn, Eliwood, or Hector get in. This is assuming that a remake occurs around every 4 or so years.
Yeah, probably.
But under the hypothetical situation that they do skip shadows of Judgral, Thracia, and Roy Elibe, or Smash 6 takes like a decade to come out then maaaaaaaybe they'd be in the running for Smash 6!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It would probably matter slightly if it gets made before the project plan, if even a little.
SoV probably wasn't even in the running for base roster since it released 2017, 2 years after the project plan finalization.

And if they just hypothetically got a game in the interim, then yeah they'd probably still be relevant by the time Smash 6 rolls around. After all Awakening is still "relevant" even after releasing 6 years ago.

Yeah, probably.
But under the hypothetical situation that they do skip shadows of Judgral, Thracia, and Roy Elibe, or Smash 6 takes like a decade to come out then maaaaaaaybe they'd be in the running for Smash 6!
Good points,
I'm rooting for your trio.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
does anyone notice that snake and the belmonts are both zoners. the most irritating play style to fight against (no offence to zoners). and Konami is the scummiest game company represented in smash by firing the literal blood and soul of metal gear and turining castlevania into freaking PACHINKO (th. and then i think: hmm... makes sense.
despite their big ass hitboxes, they can work from any range. Wouldn't call them zoners exactly cause you don't really play them how you play marth.

By the way, any belmont mains, just know that these characters play weird as ****. It's hard to describe but playing as both Simon and Richter was such a huge learning curve.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
despite their big *** hitboxes, they can work from any range. Wouldn't call them zoners exactly cause you don't really play them how you play marth.

By the way, any belmont mains, just know that these characters play weird as ****. It's hard to describe but playing as both Simon and Richter was such a huge learning curve.
im gonna bet it'll be easier to get used to if you played castlevania a lot

Dan

Smash Lord
Something I'm curious about is I heard Funky Kong and some other typical vendor characters are Spirit vendors in WoL; has anyone actually seen this in action? Is it more than just a simple PNG image of Funky Kong with a text box?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
hey if you could remove any fire emblem character, who would it be? mine would be chrom. we had 2 awakening characters.
Logistically speaking, if one Fire Emblem character had to be removed in this hypothetical scenario, it would make the most sense to remove Lucina due to offering the least amount of gameplay variance from her original.

That said, personally?
SEE YOU LATER CORRIN, HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO SEE YOU OR YOUR STUPID DEER FORM EVER AGAIN.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Something I'm curious about is I heard Funky Kong and some other typical vendor characters are Spirit vendors in WoL; has anyone actually seen this in action? Is it more than just a simple PNG image of Funky Kong with a text box?
its what you see in the last direct, they're the same as gravity man and doc louis, just pngs with text boxes who run shops

they do get fights tho

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Logistically speaking, if one Fire Emblem character had to be removed it would make the most sense to remove Lucina due to offering the least amount of gameplay variance from her original.
well i mean technically even though she has the same frame data and moveset, she plays completely differently as you have to have a more aggressive playstyle in order to get rewarded with her while marth has to be more patient and worry about zoning

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
hey if you could remove any fire emblem character, who would it be? mine would be chrom. we had 2 awakening characters.
Get rid of one of the only two Fire Emblem characters who got in through fan demand and not immediate relevance, and the literal main character of Awakening.

Makes total sense. :rolleyes:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Am I too late to lay may thoughts on this? (I probably am). Eh, I’ll say it anyways.

I’m not in the know, but I think when they meant by the 2014 rule is that all of the characters they have so far haven’t been created past 2014.

I think it was in response to the “shill character” where the person said that the “promotional” character couldn’t be someone brand new because they didn’t heard anyone that was created past 2014, and the “promotional” character was later heavily suggested to be Yuri, which was heard already, and most likely wasn’t even meant to be a promotional character since Tales of Vapseria just so happened to also be coming to Switch as well and is apparently competing with another character.

So I think it may be possible that a character from after-2014 could potentially appear later on. We only seem to know information on 2 characters, but not the other 3.

Though I would appreciate it if someone came out and stated if it that was the case.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
If I had to choose one, it would actually be Roy.
He's the one FE character in Smash (Assist Trophies included) that I flat out don't like.
And tbh, he seems more popular with the Smash community than the actual FE community.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
well i mean technically even though she has the same frame data and moveset, she plays completely differently as you have to have a more aggressive playstyle in order to get rewarded with her while marth has to be more patient and worry about zoning
She follows the same rules and methodology as Marth does. She could theoretically play more aggressively and get punished less for playing that way incorrectly, but her entire moveset and frame data is still fine-tuned to space your swings so you don't get punched in the face when they counter-attack.

Now Chrom on the other hand, despite having the same effect applied on the sword, can now just straight up space compared to Roy's pure rushdown and is now rewarded with less of a likelihood of getting punched in the face.

Droodle

Smash Lord

Yeah, probably.
We also have to take into account that they may not remake games that were already released in the West. That said there is a chance we get bearded Hector for the next Smash game.

Again this is assuming that they remake old games on a consistent basis; from what I've heard Echoes wasn't that profitable in terms of sales. GotHW is apparently one of the most popular games in Japan, so that will probably do extremely well in terms of sales as long as it is not on a dead console. Thracia is a wildcard because it released on the SNES in 1999 and was a disaster in terms of sales, but a potential remake of GotHW may increase demand for Thracia. Thracia also has Finn, and Reinhardt both of which are extremely popular characters in Japan with a modest following in US (Reinhardt because of memes). Binding Blade is decently popular in Japan because of Roy so that will do fine if it gets remade. However, Japan dislikes FE 7,8, and 10 so that may make it unfavorable for IS to remake those games.

D

Deleted member

I would remove nobody tbh, seriously what is this fetish that people have about removing characters. Would you rather have less characters and movesets to play around with then normal? I mean I get if you want more non-FE characters but why would you want less FE characters if you get nothing out ofit? A single character can add hours of enjoyment to someone, even if they don't matter to you.

I don't play FE but I main Lucina and she's sick af gameplay wise like would you really want to remove better marth

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
If I had to choose one, it would actually be Roy.
He's the one FE character in Smash (Assist Trophies included) that I flat out don't like.
And tbh, he seems more popular with the Smash community than the actual FE community.
the fe community hates him

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I would remove nobody tbh, seriously what is this fetish that people have about removing characters. Would you rather have less characters and movesets to play around with then normal? I mean I get if you want more non-FE characters but why would you want less FE characters if you get nothing out ofit? A single character can add hours of enjoyment to someone, even if they don't matter to you.

I don't play FE but I main Lucina and she's sick af gameplay wise like would you really want to remove better marth
Because it's not a real scenario and just a hypothetical conversation we're using to kill time.

And also because having "Marth without tippers" is lame.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Brave question. The FE boys will eat ya alive.

(but Roy)

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'd cut Marth for no reason other than lolz

also because shadow dragon sucks

cut roy too

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because it's not a real scenario and just a hypothetical conversation we're using to kill time.

And also because having "Marth without tippers" is lame.
"Marth without tippers" is objectively a major difference from Marth in terms of serious, competitive play though. It goes so far that even pros like Zero main her over Marth because of the consistency. Such a minor change is actually a major difference between her and her base. Both you and your opponent have to change your entire playstyle when Lucina is in play vs when Marth is in play

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If we're talking about cutting FE characters, I'd cut Corrin in a heartbeat.

No, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom