• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Bruh chicken finger pizza is ****ing amazing.

Chicken finger subs are even better, don’t @ me.

Also, I pretty much mapped out a little chart for unlocking characters without overlapping, and it looks to me as if swapping modes, so vs, classic, and WoL is the best way.

So basically, play a game of Smash, unlock the first character (Sans), then play classic and unlock a character from that, play vs again for another one, rinse and repeat.

Then do WoL for at least a little while. Then fight someone when you exit, unlock them. Then play vs to unlock another, then play classic, unlock another, then continue the pattern as you see fit, pretty much.

It’s a matter of patience. I’m still trying to figure out how to unlock Mewtwo without WoL, but the Google Doc gives no guidance on that.
Try leaving the game on overnight? :troll:

Last edited:

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don’t have any issues with a lot of FE characters being in the game...but sometimes I do get a little disappointed when I see all the super cool unique characters but then they just keep on adding echo fighters.
I get it, it’s not actually taking a spot and it’s good to rather have those characters in than not...but still just seems disappointing, at least to me personally

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Name 5 words that Frederick has said in his life that aren't "Pick a god and pray."
People like to meme about Frederick and his godliness, but honestly I think he's a fairly compelling character in his own right, acting as a foil for Chrom (especially early on) and has some nice supports with Sully, Sumia, Chrom, Maribelle, Virion, Cherche, and Robin.

Honestly he's probably one of my favorites in the entire franchise, and definitely my favorite of the Jagen archetype (Jagen himself is my second). It's a shame he's been shafted so hard in Smash. No trophy in Smash 4, no spirit in Ultimate.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Thanks for clearing up the stuff about drugging the gay girl, it's still kinda weird how the portrayed that girl but that's not Corrin's fault

The stuff about children is still super wack, though. I can't just get over that under the thought of "they're mature enough". The ability to date your siblings in that game is also pretty wack tbh, incest is not a good

I'm brown and can second this statement
To be fair tmk outside of Azura Corrin isn't actually related to any of them. The kids thing really depends honestly because the whole point of age of consent isn't the number itself but being considered mature enough to fully understand sexual relations and its consequences which is why it's not a consistent thing from place to place.

I don't know all the ages of the characters that can be married though so not sure to begin with.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Bruh chicken finger pizza is ****ing amazing.

Chicken finger subs are even better, don’t @ me.

Also, I pretty much mapped out a little chart for unlocking characters without overlapping, and it looks to me as if swapping modes, so vs, classic, and WoL is the best way.

So basically, play a game of Smash, unlock the first character (Sans), then play classic and unlock a character from that, play vs again for another one, rinse and repeat.

Then do WoL for at least a little while. Then fight someone when you exit, unlock them. Then play vs to unlock another, then play classic, unlock another, then continue the pattern as you see fit, pretty much.

It’s a matter of patience. I’m still trying to figure out how to unlock Mewtwo without WoL, but the Google Doc gives no guidance on that.
I still wanna know how to get :ultbowser::ultmarth::ultzelda::ultwolf::ultpit: and a few others as well

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
K I’ll stop sleeping
Good...you’ll be ready for Smash Ultimate
Now for day 3!
This is fitting, given the current discussion ^here
Amazing as usual
Man all the FE dislike in this thread is rough :(

They're not even the highest represented franchise in the game. They're 3rd behind Super Mario and Pokemon.
And FE goes down a few more pegs when it comes to overall representation
I still wanna know how to get :ultbowser::ultmarth::ultzelda::ultwolf::ultpit: and a few others as well
I just wanna know how to get :ultpit:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Just, what?

This isn't fake, either.

Chilé getting the good stuff.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Thought we’d get a free download code a month or so after registering the game
However, the retailer that showed this voucher in the game case is in Chile, so RIP literally 95% of us.

Unless they offer it elsewhere, but for now...

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I heard that apparently you could make them touch children in Fates, which is kinda messed up. And apparently male Corrin like gives some drink to a gay character to make her less fixated on women or something? idk I'm just saying what I heard on message boards I have no idea if it's true or not
That anti-gay bit isn't true. Basically, the gay character was having issues with fighting on the field due to being flustered by cute girls and whatnot' so Corrin put some magic stuff(which was another issue) in a drink of hers so the character would see all of the males in the camp, including Corrin, as females to help her get over her issues of getting flustered on the battlefield.
So no, it wasn't an anti-gay drink. Regardless, the Support was changed in the English version. The gay character still has the same issues, but rather then putting magic genderswap-seeing powder in her drink, Corrin just puts a blindfold over the character's eyes with her consent, then tries to help her by getting her to imagine Corrin as a damsel in distress on the battlefield.
Either way, alot of people, including the Japanese, liked the English support alot more then the Japan one. But really, it wasn't an anti-gay thing that a person mistook it for that spread like wildfire, comparable to the Cloud not being playable in WOL rumor. It was Corrin trying to help the gay character not be flustered by cute girls on the battlefield.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hey, does anyone know where I can get that ugly (yet funny imo) Minecraft Steve render that was used during the Grinch Leak times? Y'know, the one that came from 4chan?

I was thinking about using it in SFM or Garry's Mod; would be nice if I could find a Grinch model as well but I can't seem to find either of them on Google, and I'm afraid I most-likely won't be able to port them anyway but it's worth a try.

um...

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wait physical copies just come with a download code? Will he be available immediately then? Also wasn't that a case design people were saying was fake a while back?
I forgot to mention, but this isn't in America. This was in Chile, and nothing here is fake. It's all real, but I haven't seen it anywhere else.

For the most part, we're sticking with the codes. Means little, but I want that voucher.

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Wait physical copies just come with a download code? Will he be available immediately then? Also wasn't that a case design people were saying was fake a while back?
It is likely you just redeem it for now and have to wait til later to download it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is another excerpt from my comprehensive analysis of the Ultimate roster. Ultimate's roster in many ways was the conclusion of motifs that began at the beginning of the pre-Smash 4 period and even pre-Brawl period:

The third major thread (and one that extends back to the beginning of the pre-Brawl days) is the animosity and hatred a large portion of the core Smash Bros. fanbase has towards clones. With Melee’s roster leak, it was not just the fact there were only three additional non-clone newcomers as hidden characters (two of which were characters that were virtually unknown among Western core fans), but the fact that another six of these characters were clones of existing characters on the roster.

Moreover, only two of these characters had fanbases for their inclusion in Smash Bros. (Ganondorf and Falco), and even of those two, they came with issues. For Falco, it was the fact that Wolf had a much larger fanbase for his inclusion in Melee due to the belief he was likely due to his appearance in the E3 2001 trailer (which later got re-incorporated at the Melee intro), and for many Star Fox fans, while they welcomed Falco, the Wolf fans were disappointed that they were “tricked”. As for Ganondorf, he was the single most wanted newcomer for Melee after Bowser’s confirmation, and for fans to discover he made the game only as a clone of Captain Falcon was infuriating for many (or perhaps most) of them, and even to this day there are still lots of gripes about this. Ganondorf making it into Melee’s roster seemed like the very definition of monkey’s paw fulfilled wish (a wish fulfilled in a twisted way).

Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link got a lot of flak due all of them being perceived as “alteregos” as opposed to unique beings. Roy (along with Marth) people were very divided on. People did not know who he (or Marth was) so they seemed like poor additions to the roster, but others like him (and Marth) due to “looking cool”.

However, it was due to the decisions made with Melee’s selection of clone newcomers (as well as the fact that they vastly outnumbered the unique hidden newcomers) that might have served as the genesis for the core Smash Bros. having a disdain for clones.

Another thing that made much of the core Smash Bros. fanbase disdain clones was the erroneous belief that they “stole” the slots to unique newcomers. They literally believed that if Pichu was not on the roster that they would gotten King Dedede or Pit on the roster instead, not knowing that clones took much less time and resources than fully unique characters. Even among core Smash Bros. fans that knew better, they seemed to hold a cynical belief that clone additions were a lazy way to boost up the newcomer count to make the development team efforts look better.

During the pre-Brawl period, being a clone veteran was a mark against your merit of returning for Brawl (regardless of whether they were likely to return or not), and being a prospective newcomer that involved any possibility of ending up as a clone was a mark against their possible inclusion as a newcomer. Fans of Midna and Krystal particularly deployed the latter argument against supporters of Toon Link and Wolf. It was ironic for them to say that Wolf and Toon Link had little chance of being newcomers since they would likely be clones, and yet they were only half right (although in Wolf’s case only his specials and Final Smash were derivative of Fox’s).

Indeed, when Brawl’s leaked roster was confirmed as real, there was some bitterness over how Wolf and (especially) Toon Link turned out because they thought clones were never going to be a thing again (this was due to misinformation spread during the pre-Brawl period that spiraled out of control).

However, with how Wolf and Lucas turned out, the conventional belief was that Melee style clones were never going to happen (the belief regarding why Toon Link was so cloney was because he was serving as a replacement for Young Link). Ganondorf and Falco becoming more unique made many belief that “Luigi-fication” (referring to how much more unique Luigi became from 64 to Melee) was a process that would be implemented for any clone that managed to return.

However, one of my most unconventional beliefs within the core Smash Bros. fanbase was that clones actually did possess an integral utility to the roster. They potentially offered a way of less popular or important characters to various franchises a way of gaining playable status in the game. They were far from a bad thing, and I felt it had only been some of Melee’s choices for clones that soured much of the core fanbase on them.

I wrote this back in January 2009, nearly ten years ago. I wrote this:

However, despite there being more of an effort this time to make the clones more unique, many Smash Bros. fans still complained about them. Many people don’t realize that clones are actually a blessing. Clones help to boost up the roster (especially when development time is limited), increase the chances and allow for less likely characters to get in over more important ones (like how Dr. Mario was able to get in before Wario). A character such as Vaati would never be seriously considered (assuming he does not get any more games) for a newcomer list that only consisted of non-clone characters due to him not being important enough to warrant the development time needed to make a unique character. However, he would be one of the top contenders if Sakurai’s team went “clone crazy” as he would be an easy Zelda clone (really he would only need to have the magic changed to wind and dark magic, as well as have a new down-b and Final Smash).

Clones are especially important now more than ever. Sakurai’s struggled to get to 39 characters in Brawl, and since it is likely that Nintendo’s next console will have a sizable leap in graphical and technological prowess over the Wii (it should be about on par with the 360 or PS3), then Sakurai’s team will have an even more difficult time implementing a sizable increase for the roster. Assuming no characters from Brawl are cut, I can only see ten newcomers for this possible situation. However, many people make up the Smash Bros. fanbase would be hungry for more characters, and would “rage” to find out that Smash 4 only have 10 new characters.

That is where clones come in. Making five clones takes the effort of making one character (or at least that was what Sakurai implied back with Melee). Putting in five clones would boost the roster up to 50. However, I can see many people objecting to this. However, I think one of the main reasons people object to clones, if that in Melee, some of them (in their eyes) were poor choices. If I were to select 5 clones for Smash Bros. 4, I would try to select characters that were popularly requested and important to their respective series.

It is eerie how prescient this was. While I was very wrong on how many newcomers Smash 4 was able to add in (15 fully unique characters for the base roster), I am very pleasantly surprised this ended up coming to pass for Ultimate’s echo newcomers. Daisy, Dark Samus, Chrom, Richter, and Ken are all popular within their respective franchises, yet would probably never have a chance to get in if they had to be unique newcomers (or even semi-clones aside from possibly Ken).

The example given about Vaati is particularly prophetic. Dark Samus was a sub-series villain much like Vaati, and like Vaati, she did not make any more appearances in their own franchise after a certain title released in the 2000s. Dark Samus was the villain of the Prime trilogy just like Vaati was the villain of the Four Swords trilogy (Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Minish Cap). Chrom happening at all in a series famous for only putting in the freshest of faces as their newcomer is due to Sakurai deciding to beef up the newcomer count with echoes. Daisy similarly would never normally be able to get in over far more popularly requested Mario characters had it not been for the expansion of the echoes slots with Ultimate.

And you know what? The echoes have been well-received for the most part. For some, they were just as hype inducing as the fully unique newcomers added into Ultimate. Supporters of Daisy, Dark Samus, and Chrom thought those characters would never be able to make it in most circumstances. Dark Samus supporters in particularly thought the character’s best chances were ten years ago with Brawl (the Prime trilogy wrapped up by the time Brawl was released), and Chrom supporters felt the same with Smash 4 (Awakening already had two playable characters and the game would be “old news” by the time the next game released).

Ken sharing just as most showcase and screentime as Incineroar for the final base roster newcomer trailer truly showed how much of a long way even the echo category of characters came with this title. For many, Ken was the most “hype” of the three newcomers shown during the November Ultimate Direct.

This cycle thus vindicated what I felt about clones since the beginning of the pre-Smash 4 period, that they could be valuable additions to the roster, and that they offer a way for many popular characters to get in that normally would be unable to make it onto the roster.

The warm reception of Ultimate’s clones thus ends a third thread from pre-Smash 4 for me, as well as one going all the way back to Melee’s release.

In general, Ultimate’s newcomer selection gives me very heavy nostalgia of Melee’s. Over half of Ultimate’s newcomers are clones (Isabelle is a semi-clone), while Melee’s had nearly half of its newcomers be clones. There was also a far smaller number of fully unique newcomers in both titles than other games in the series (Melee had eight, while Ultimate had five).

D

Deleted member

I'm so stoked to have a Smash game where I can make :ultlink: vs :ultsamus: vs :ultsnake: vs :ultbayonetta: vs :ultsimon: vs :ultshulk: vs :ultmegaman: a thing.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Here is another excerpt from my comprehensive analysis of the Ultimate roster. Ultimate's roster in many ways was the conclusion of motifs that began at the beginning of the pre-Smash 4 period and even pre-Brawl period:

The third major thread (and one that extends back to the beginning of the pre-Brawl days) is the animosity and hatred a large portion of the core Smash Bros. fanbase has towards clones. With Melee’s roster leak, it was not just the fact there were only three additional non-clone newcomers as hidden characters (two of which were characters that were virtually unknown among Western core fans), but the fact that another six of these characters were clones of existing characters on the roster.

Moreover, only two of these characters had fanbases for their inclusion in Smash Bros. (Ganondorf and Falco), and even of those two, they came with issues. For Falco, it was the fact that Wolf had a much larger fanbase for his inclusion in Melee due to the belief he was likely due to his appearance in the E3 2001 trailer (which later got re-incorporated at the Melee intro), and for many Star Fox fans, while they welcomed Falco, the Wolf fans were disappointed that they were “tricked”. As for Ganondorf, he was the single most wanted newcomer for Melee after Bowser’s confirmation, and for fans to discover he made the game only as a clone of Captain Falcon was infuriating for many (or perhaps most) of them, and even to this day there are still lots of gripes about this. Ganondorf making it into Melee’s roster seemed like the very definition of monkey’s paw fulfilled wish (a wish fulfilled in a twisted way).

Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link got a lot of flak due all of them being perceived as “alteregos” as opposed to unique beings. Roy (along with Marth) people were very divided on. People did not know who he (or Marth was) so they seemed like poor additions to the roster, but others like him (and Marth) due to “looking cool”.

However, it was due to the decisions made with Melee’s selection of clone newcomers (as well as the fact that they vastly outnumbered the unique hidden newcomers) that might have served as the genesis for the core Smash Bros. having a disdain for clones.

Another thing that made much of the core Smash Bros. fanbase disdain clones was the erroneous belief that they “stole” the slots to unique newcomers. They literally believed that if Pichu was not on the roster that they would gotten King Dedede or Pit on the roster instead, not knowing that clones took much less time and resources than fully unique characters. Even among core Smash Bros. fans that knew better, they seemed to hold a cynical belief that clone additions were a lazy way to boost up the newcomer count to make the development team efforts look better.

During the pre-Brawl period, being a clone veteran was a mark against your merit of returning for Brawl (regardless of whether they were likely to return or not), and being a prospective newcomer that involved any possibility of ending up as a clone was a mark against their possible inclusion as a newcomer. Fans of Midna and Krystal particularly deployed the latter argument against supporters of Toon Link and Wolf. It was ironic for them to say that Wolf and Toon Link had little chance of being newcomers since they would likely be clones, and yet they were only half right (although in Wolf’s case only his specials and Final Smash were derivative of Fox’s).

Indeed, when Brawl’s leaked roster was confirmed as real, there was some bitterness over how Wolf and (especially) Toon Link turned out because they thought clones were never going to be a thing again (this was due to misinformation spread during the pre-Brawl period that spiraled out of control).

However, with how Wolf and Lucas turned out, the conventional belief was that Melee style clones were never going to happen (the belief regarding why Toon Link was so cloney was because he was serving as a replacement for Young Link). Ganondorf and Falco becoming more unique made many belief that “Luigi-fication” (referring to how much more unique Luigi became from 64 to Melee) was a process that would be implemented for any clone that managed to return.

However, one of my most unconventional beliefs within the core Smash Bros. fanbase was that clones actually did possess an integral utility to the roster. They potentially offered a way of less popular or important characters to various franchises a way of gaining playable status in the game. They were far from a bad thing, and I felt it had only been some of Melee’s choices for clones that soured much of the core fanbase on them.

I wrote this back in January 2009, nearly ten years ago. I wrote this:

However, despite there being more of an effort this time to make the clones more unique, many Smash Bros. fans still complained about them. Many people don’t realize that clones are actually a blessing. Clones help to boost up the roster (especially when development time is limited), increase the chances and allow for less likely characters to get in over more important ones (like how Dr. Mario was able to get in before Wario). A character such as Vaati would never be seriously considered (assuming he does not get any more games) for a newcomer list that only consisted of non-clone characters due to him not being important enough to warrant the development time needed to make a unique character. However, he would be one of the top contenders if Sakurai’s team went “clone crazy” as he would be an easy Zelda clone (really he would only need to have the magic changed to wind and dark magic, as well as have a new down-b and Final Smash).

Clones are especially important now more than ever. Sakurai’s struggled to get to 39 characters in Brawl, and since it is likely that Nintendo’s next console will have a sizable leap in graphical and technological prowess over the Wii (it should be about on par with the 360 or PS3), then Sakurai’s team will have an even more difficult time implementing a sizable increase for the roster. Assuming no characters from Brawl are cut, I can only see ten newcomers for this possible situation. However, many people make up the Smash Bros. fanbase would be hungry for more characters, and would “rage” to find out that Smash 4 only have 10 new characters.

That is where clones come in. Making five clones takes the effort of making one character (or at least that was what Sakurai implied back with Melee). Putting in five clones would boost the roster up to 50. However, I can see many people objecting to this. However, I think one of the main reasons people object to clones, if that in Melee, some of them (in their eyes) were poor choices. If I were to select 5 clones for Smash Bros. 4, I would try to select characters that were popularly requested and important to their respective series.

It is eerie how prescient this was. While I was very wrong on how many newcomers Smash 4 was able to add in (15 fully unique characters for the base roster), I am very pleasantly surprised this ended up coming to pass for Ultimate’s echo newcomers. Daisy, Dark Samus, Chrom, Richter, and Ken are all popular within their respective franchises, yet would probably never have a chance to get in if they had to be unique newcomers (or even semi-clones aside from possibly Ken).

The example given about Vaati is particularly prophetic. Dark Samus was a sub-series villain much like Vaati, and like Vaati, she did not make any more appearances in their own franchise after a certain title released in the 2000s. Dark Samus was the villain of the Prime trilogy just like Vaati was the villain of the Four Swords trilogy (Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Minish Cap). Chrom happening at all in a series famous for only putting in the freshest of faces as their newcomer is due to Sakurai deciding to beef up the newcomer count with echoes. Daisy similarly would never normally be able to get in over far more popularly requested Mario characters had it not been for the expansion of the echoes slots with Ultimate.

And you know what? The echoes have been well-received for the most part. For some, they were just as hype inducing as the fully unique newcomers added into Ultimate. Supporters of Daisy, Dark Samus, and Chrom thought those characters would never be able to make it in most circumstances. Dark Samus supporters in particularly thought the character’s best chances were ten years ago with Brawl (the Prime trilogy wrapped up by the time Brawl was released), and Chrom supporters felt the same with Smash 4 (Awakening already had two playable characters and the game would be “old news” by the time the next game released).

Ken sharing just as most showcase and screentime as Incineroar for the final base roster newcomer trailer truly showed how much of a long way even the echo category of characters came with this title. For many, Ken was the most “hype” of the three newcomers shown during the November Ultimate Direct.

This cycle thus vindicated what I felt about clones since the beginning of the pre-Smash 4 period, that they could be valuable additions to the roster, and that they offer a way for many popular characters to get in that normally would be unable to make it onto the roster.

The warm reception of Ultimate’s clones thus ends a third thread from pre-Smash 4 for me, as well as one going all the way back to Melee’s release.

In general, Ultimate’s newcomer selection gives me very heavy nostalgia of Melee’s. Over half of Ultimate’s newcomers are clones (Isabelle is a semi-clone), while Melee’s had nearly half of its newcomers be clones. There was also a far smaller number of fully unique newcomers in both titles than other games in the series (Melee had eight, while Ultimate had five).
Actually have a question for you.

How requested was Toon Link, exactly? Was he a big name during pre-Brawl?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Actually have a question for you.

How requested was Toon Link, exactly? Was he a big name during pre-Brawl?
He was the second most wanted Western Zelda newcomer during pre-Brawl (among Japanese Smash Bros. fans, the most wanted Zelda newcomer). For a long time, he was the most wanted (until Twilight Princess came out). There was a two year period where Vaati was very popular (due to Minish Cap). Phantom Hourglass really gave Toon Link a second wind (heh). He was referred to as Wind Waker Link during the pre-Brawl days among Western fans, and as "Cat Eyes Link" among Japanese fans. If you play Snake's codec for Toon Link, there is a name drop for this (cat eyes).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You guys remember the Smash Ballot? Not the one for Smash4. The ORIGINAL Smash Ballot. Conducted by mail exclusively in Japan by Sakurai after Smash64 was released. You can still find the results in their entierety in the bowls of Nintendo Japan. Imagine if we got all of THOSE characters. Minus the ones we've actually received, it would be a roster that includes...
  • Ganon (He was lumped in with Ganondorf in Sakurai's results, so iffy) (36 Votes)
  • James Bond (25 Votes)
  • Toad (27 Votes)
  • Mew (24 Votes)
  • Mr. Saturn (18 Votes)
  • Banjo and Kazooie (18 Votes)
  • Gooey (17 Votes)
  • Sukapon (15 Votes)
  • Lugia (11 Votes)
  • Rick, Kine, & Coo (10 Votes)
  • Koopa Troopa (9 Votes)
  • Lip (9 Votes)
  • Chocobo (9 Votes)
  • Kamek (8 Votes)
  • Meowth (8 Votes)
  • Ogma (8 Votes)
  • Prince Richard (For the Frog the Bell Tolls) (8 Votes)
  • Goomba (7 Votes)
  • Raichu (7 Votes)
  • Doraemon (7 Votes)
  • Poo (6 Votes)
  • Metroid (6 Votes)
  • Foreman Spike (6 Votes)
  • Mallow (5 Votes)
  • Geno (5 Votes)
  • Marill (5 Votes)
  • Bulbasaur (5 Votes)
  • Togepi (5 Votes)
  • Slippy Toad (5 Votes)
  • Donbe & Hikari (Shin Onigashima) (5 Votes)
  • Dion, Max, or Jack (Marvelous: Another Treasure Island) (5 Votes)
  • Bomberman (4 Votes)
  • Paula (4 Votes)
  • Seliph (4 Votes)
  • Samurai Goroh (4 Votes)
  • Balloon Fighter (4 Votes)
  • Crash Bandicoot (4 Votes)
  • Baby Mario (3 Votes)
  • Waddle Dee (3 Votes)
  • Starman (3 Votes)
  • Jeff Andonuts (3 Votes)
  • Darunia (2 Votes)
  • Peppy Hare (2 Votes)
  • Gigurd (2 Votes)
  • Leif (2 Votes)
  • J-Bomb (2 Votes)
  • Alec Trevelyan (2 Votes)

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
You guys remember the Smash Ballot? Not the one for Smash4. The ORIGINAL Smash Ballot. Conducted by mail exclusively in Japan by Sakurai after Smash64 was released. You can still find the results in their entierety in the bowls of Nintendo Japan. Imagine if we got all of THOSE characters. Minus the ones we've actually received, it would be a roster that includes...
  • Ganon (He was lumped in with Ganondorf in Sakurai's results, so iffy) (36 Votes)
  • James Bond (25 Votes)
  • Toad (27 Votes)
  • Mew (24 Votes)
  • Mr. Saturn (18 Votes)
  • Gooey (17 Votes)
  • Sukapon (15 Votes)
  • Lugia (11 Votes)
  • Koopa Troopa (9 Votes)
  • Lip (9 Votes)
  • Chocobo (9 Votes)
  • Kamek (8 Votes)
  • Meowth (8 Votes)
  • Ogma (8 Votes)
  • Goomba (7 Votes)
  • Raichu (7 Votes)
  • Doraemon (7 Votes)
  • Poo (6 Votes)
  • Metroid (6 Votes)
  • Mallow (5 Votes)
  • Geno (5 Votes)
  • Marill (5 Votes)
  • Bulbasaur (5 Votes)
  • Togepi (5 Votes)
  • Slippy Toad (5 Votes)
  • Bomberman (4 Votes)
  • Paula (4 Votes)
  • Seliph (4 Votes)
  • Baby Mario (3 Votes)
  • Waddle Dee (3 Votes)
  • Starman (3 Votes)
  • Darunia (2 Votes)
  • Peppy Hare (2 Votes)
  • Gigurd (2 Votes)
  • Leif (2 Votes)
  • J-Bomb (2 Votes)
Lip did better than Bomberman?!?

Untouch

Smash Master
  • James Bond (25 Votes)
  • Toad (27 Votes)
  • Mew (24 Votes)
  • Mr. Saturn (18 Votes)
  • Gooey (17 Votes)
  • Sukapon (15 Votes)
  • Lugia (11 Votes)
  • Koopa Troopa (9 Votes)
  • Lip (9 Votes)
  • Chocobo (9 Votes)
  • Kamek (8 Votes)
  • Meowth (8 Votes)
  • Ogma (8 Votes)
  • Goomba (7 Votes)
  • Raichu (7 Votes)
  • Doraemon (7 Votes)
  • Poo (6 Votes)
  • Metroid (6 Votes)
  • Mallow (5 Votes)
  • Geno (5 Votes)
  • Marill (5 Votes)
  • Bulbasaur (5 Votes)
  • Togepi (5 Votes)
  • Slippy Toad (5 Votes)
  • Bomberman (4 Votes)
  • Paula (4 Votes)
  • Seliph (4 Votes)
  • Baby Mario (3 Votes)
  • Waddle Dee (3 Votes)
  • Starman (3 Votes)
  • Darunia (2 Votes)
  • Peppy Hare (2 Votes)
  • Gigurd (2 Votes)
  • Leif (2 Votes)
  • J-Bomb (2 Votes)
james bond #2
in japan

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So guys

I'm trying to figure out some good team names right now

:ultyoshi::ultluigi: - Lean, Mean, Green Machines
:ultkrool::ultkingdedede: - Kings of Brawl
:ultkrool::ultincineroar: - ???
:ultwiifittrainer::ultzss::ultbayonetta: - The Beautiful Athletes
:ultchrom::ultrobin::ultlucina: - ???
:ultisabelle::ultwolf::ultduckhunt::ultlucario: - dWo (Dogs World Order)
:ultmarth::ultlink::ultpit: - ???
:ultpichu::ultyounglink: - ???

Any good names that would be wicked for those with ???

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Trying to think of more digimon music that could be in smash

Not really some outstanding tunes from Digimon Dusk and Dawn although a remix could help

Havent played cyber sleuth yet but im certain theres plenty of good tracks there

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
james bond #2
in japan
Lip did better than Bomberman?!?
James Bond: "Sans, a non-Nintendo character, getting high in Japan Smash polls? Please, I was ranking Number 2 on them long before that character was ever made."
Here's a doc I made containing the results of the whole ballot.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ffvo_Ajev6nJQh3lcVYnWsn5k5QFB1xw18Q6TDBtU1I/edit

technically he's number 6

Plus, here's the link to Sakurai's original post

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult3.html

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Could anybody tell me, without bias, why Corrin is a bad character? Anybody.
So guys

I'm trying to figure out some good team names right now

:ultyoshi::ultluigi: - Lean, Mean, Green Machines
:ultkrool::ultkingdedede: - Kings of Brawl
:ultkrool::ultincineroar: - ???
:ultwiifittrainer::ultzss::ultbayonetta: - The Beautiful Athletes
:ultchrom::ultrobin::ultlucina: - ???
:ultisabelle::ultwolf::ultduckhunt::ultlucario: - dWo (Dogs World Order)
:ultmarth::ultlink::ultpit: - ???
:ultpichu::ultyounglink: - ???

Any good names that would be wicked for those with ???
:ultkrool::ultincineroar: "Kings of the Ring"
:ultchrom::ultrobin::ultlucina: "The Awakened"
:ultmarth::ultlink::ultpit: "The Goddesses' Chosen"
:ultpichu::ultyounglink: "Energized Youths"

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I can give you at least a few:
Marth is unlocked when you beat him in WoL. He’s at the beginning where you choose between Sheik, Villager, and Marth.

Bowser and Zelda are unlocked through playing vs matches. The order of unlocks for that is, evidently, Ness, Zelda, Bowser. So after you play a bit and have unlocked the first two, play a round of vs.

I believe Pit is actually after Bowser.

Wolf, if I remember correctly, is unlocked through Classic. You can unlock Falcon with Fox, Falco with Falcon, Peach and Daisy with Falco, and then Wolf with Peach. That’s the only way I know of unlocking him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom