• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
You can make a reasonable argument that , at this point, Luigi has as much claim to his own emblem and franchise as Yoshi does.

We need a second Luigi rep!

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm looking at the various classic mode playthroughs and I'm pretty suspicious of the ones with Master Hand as the Final Boss. Like it doesn't fit with some of the character's Classic theme at all. I think there might be additional bosses in the Day 1 Patch and some of the ones(Isabelle in particular) with Master Hand are just place holders until the Patch or a future update.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Cool. Also saw one in the Ike thread that said "Stay out of my way."

Finally "I fight for my friends" is gone, lmao. I want to question why someone ever thought that was a good idea to put in.
Really? I've heard people say it's still in.

Do RD and PoR Ike have different win quotes or something?

Teeb147

Smash Legend

And thus every Doc main flips in anger. Replace defense with speed for the second part. The equipment return once again (a bit unsurprising).
What's this about 'equipment'?

Zeox

Smash Champion
I still don't get the "a Square Enix" rep... after only having 2 FF songs, Cloud being the only character using his smash ultimate render for his spirit, no more spirits or assist trophies... it feels like Square Enix doesn't want to give anything to Nintendo at all.

D

Deleted member

I'm cool with this. Give us Gooigi and King Boo. Why not.
King Boo would be pretty cool. If he got in he probably wouldn’t have this, but I wonder how a possession gimmick could work in Smash

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’ve always personally wanted Samurai Goroh because I thought Captain Falcon was way too lonely and because he’s the second most prominent FZ character after him.

Atleast Yoshi has the Mario cast.

But he’s a pipe dream for several reasons:

-AT Hell
-Very small demand
-No cares about F-Zero in Smash or considers it dead/niche/irrelevant to get another.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I still don't get the "a Square Enix" rep... after only having 2 FF songs, Cloud being the only character using his smash ultimate render for his spirit, no more spirits or assist trophies... it feels like Square Enix doesn't want to give anything to Nintendo at all.
Because Square, like any company, likes money and marketing and Smash is the "ultimate" advertisement. In terms of other content, it's superflous compared to the fact that their IPs are represented, even if in the most bare minimum way.

Square likes a tight leash on their dogs, but they're willing to have someone else take them for a walk.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
In Smash 4 and Ultimate, Dr. Mario, instead of having individually set stats to make him slower but stronger, they gave him permanent, built in Smash 4 customs-esque equipment to blanketly alter his stats.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I'm looking at the various classic mode playthroughs and I'm pretty suspicious of the ones with Master Hand as the Final Boss. Like it doesn't fit with some of the character's Classic theme at all. I think there might be additional bosses in the Day 1 Patch and some of the ones(Isabelle in particular) with Master Hand are just place holders until the Patch or a future update.
i gotta agree, we even have some evidence that master hand could be a placeholder for some of them. in the "near final build" we saw a while ago had master hand as link's boss fight... which isn't the case in the final game, to be vague.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
In Smash 4 and Ultimate, Dr. Mario, instead of having individually set stats to make him slower but stronger, they gave him permanent, built in Smash 4 customs-esque equipment to blankety alter his stats.
That is...
Really dumb of a way to balance something.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Because Square, like any company, likes money and marketing and Smash is the "ultimate" advertisement. In terms of other content, it's superflous compared to the fact that their IPs are represented, even if in the most bare minimum way.

Square likes a tight leash on their dogs, but they're willing to have someone else take them for a walk.
also rights shenanigans

Iridium

Smash Hero
For more "balance" (I guess), actual equipment (think of Smash 4 for instance) got coded into Doc to make him slower, yet stronger. Seems like it got updated a little bit, but it's still there.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d.

Last edited:

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Hiya all! :starman:

Sorry been away, but just popping in to say if you pre ordered at best buy, give them a call (though some stores like mine forever to get someone) or if it’s nearby, go to it and confirm if they will have a midnight launch. The one i am near said they won’t have a midnight launch BUT will have the registers override the purchases before closing (most stores close at 9) and to be there by 8:30 or so.

Apparently stores are less doing midnight launches due to costs and more in favor or selling before closing.

Lastly not sure if this applies to gamestop as i didn’t pre order from there, id give them a call anyway.

It’s great cause now i’ll have more time to play when i pick it up! : D

And of course 4 DAYS LEFT <3

Teeb147

Smash Legend
In Smash 4 and Ultimate, Dr. Mario, instead of having individually set stats to make him slower but stronger, they gave him permanent, built in Smash 4 customs-esque equipment to blankety alter his stats.
I've heard of this but I dont quite understand it. Do you mean gave equipment to a copy of regular mario to alter the stats?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Sorry been away, but just popping in to say if you pre ordered at best buy, give them a call (though some stores like mine forever to get someone) or if it’s nearby, go to it and confirm if they will have a midnight launch. The one i am near said they won’t have a midnight launch BUT will have the registers override the purchases before closing (most stores close at 9) and to be there by 8:30 or so.

Apparently stores are less doing midnight launches due to costs and more in favor or selling before closing.

Lastly not sure if this applies to gamestop as i didn’t pre order from there, id give them a call anyway.

Hey buddy! Doing great work!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
For more "balance" (I guess), actual equipment (think of Smash 4 for instance) got coded into Doc to make him slower, yet stronger. Seems like it got updated a little bit, but it's still there.
Weighted training gear is proven to help.
When we getting a Dr. Mario shonen anime, bois?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Does this only matter because of the data in the game for what his stats are, before the equipment?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
i gotta agree, we even have some evidence that master hand could be a placeholder for some of them. in the "near final build" we saw a while ago had master hand as link's boss fight... which isn't the case in the final game, to be vague.
I'm definitely banking on Porky(for Ness and Lucas), and Medusa(Isabelle and Palutena) being added.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Does this only matter because of the data in the game for what his stats are, before the equipment?
Honestly, I'll just say that this was a bit of a lazy way to distribute his stats. I guess it was easy for them, and I don't think it will change for a long while, maybe...

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I've heard of this but I dont quite understand it. Do you mean gave equipment to a copy of regular mario to alter the stats?
Basically, yeah, if they took the equipment off he’d have the same speed and power as regular Mario (he still has some moves with unique hitbox properties, but the moves that are otherwise unaltered between them would be the same, I think, correct me if I’m wrong.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In Smash 4 and Ultimate, Dr. Mario, instead of having individually set stats to make him slower but stronger, they gave him permanent, built in Smash 4 customs-esque equipment to blanketly alter his stats.
Wow, I didn’t know that. That’s pretty dumb.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Cool. Also saw one in the Ike thread that said "Stay out of my way."

Finally "I fight for my friends" is gone, lmao. I want to question why someone ever thought that was a good idea to put in.
I'm more saddened because of the loss of that great meme.

Good on Ike for getting actual win quotes though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Honestly, I'll just say that this was a bit of a lazy way to distribute his stats. I guess it was easy for them, and I don't think it will change for a long while, maybe...
Basically, yeah, if they took the equipment off he’d have the same speed and power as regular Mario (he still has some moves with unique hitbox properties, but the moves that are otherwise unaltered between them would be the same, I think, correct me if I’m wrong.)
Thanks.
I guess his pills are weighing him down. Too many drugs.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
King Boo would be pretty cool. If he got in he probably wouldn’t have this, but I wonder how a possession gimmick could work in Smash
it would be his throw, and basically like Donkey Kong in 64 you just try to walk them off the stage before they shake you off. You can also do their a or b attacks, tilts and smashes (presuming they don’t shake you off) and it does poison damage until they shake you off.

Last edited:

Alaskalana

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alaskalana
3DS FC
4871-7882-0999
Switch FC
SW-2013-3915-8713
Almost 3 days. DANG IT, BOBBY. IT'S TIME TO BRING THE PROPAINE IN SMUSH.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
it would be his throw, and basically like Donkey Kong in 64 you just try to walk them off the stage before they shake you off. You can also do their a or b attacks, tilts and smashes (presuming they don’t shake you off) and it does poison damage until they shake you off.
I'm just imagining the Boo laugh and hover like in old school Mario Party when a Boo would steal your coins.

Love it.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'm just imagining the Boo laugh and hover like in old school Mario Party when a Boo would steal your coins.

Love it.
It’d be fun as a throw too, because initially you’d get no time and it’d be weak.

But that guy at 350% on Temple is probably good to combo someone else if you want to.

+1 on all scoring to Boo if someone kills a character Boo has possessed (and presumably led into an attack)

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Only 4 more days till Dec 7th the day of release of smash Ultimate!!
Wish I had preordered it earlier cause it might be sold out by Friday, plus maybe I’ll have to wait awhile before more copies are shipped throughout all stores or online. Or maybe just go wait on the midnight release.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

For anyone's info, the Gamestop near me is doing a midnight release as well as a tournament. Not sure if that is happening nationwide though

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
That is...
Really dumb of a way to balance something.
It's completely nonsensical. Would it really be that hard to have him just have separate stats?

For anyone's info, the Gamestop near me is doing a midnight release as well as a tournament. Not sure if that is happening nationwide though
That reminds me that the one near me apparently won't know till this week so I gotta give them a call tomorrow

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Only 4 more days till Dec 7th the day of release of smash Ultimate!!
Wish I had preordered it earlier cause it might be sold out by Friday, plus maybe I’ll have to wait awhile before more copies are shipped throughout all stores or online. Or maybe just go wait on the midnight release.
At this point it’s basically 3 days left.

D

Deleted member

I haven’t preordered the game. I’ll probably either download it or just go to my local game store and get it on launch day. Question is digital or physical. Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom