• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It was good, but I got bored after the first season. It might’ve been me, but it felt like it was just “train for class, get attacked, repeat.” Not to mention the characters weren’t that interesting imo. But hey, everyone has their own opinion.
Season 3 has the last "Villain Attacks the Students" plot for a very long time.

Season 4 will be almost entirely the Heroes being proactive in their heroism, and that's all I'll say without getting too into spoiler territory.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Who seriously wanted 75M or Great Cave Offensive back? Or hell even Pac-Land?

Even among my most casual of casual friends I have don't like those stages.
I love that madness that is Pac-Land. Great Cave Offensive is a gorgeous stage with great music, even if it's a pain in the ass to play. 75M could have disappeared without me being sad though.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Literally nobody (except Kirby) could've escaped Galeem's light. Sakurai stated that Galeem's light also turned Bayonetta's enemies from Purgatorio into spirits, meaning its light had to traverse into another realm, somehow (Sakurai didn't say it went through a portal or whatever), so it's likely that this is the same for all worlds/dimensions/realms. The only reason Kirby survived is because the Warp Star can defy the laws of physics (***pull), which probably meant go FTL (as if other characters haven't been able to do that, AS IF Kirby in WITHOUT the Warp Star haven't been able to do that).

This doesn't mean anything when talking about "Who's the strongest character canonically?" merely because the fighters aren't the original characters but toys made into fighters. Also, crossovers in general shouldn't be considered canon to any franchise, unless it has a genuine impact to the story.
Hypothetically, Maxwell from Scribblenauts could've survived. He even has multiple ways of going about it.
  • Apply the "invincible" adjective to himself so the beams have no effect on him.
  • Summon a Warp Star (or something else that works simmilarly) to escape in the exact same way Kirby did
  • Apply the "Gone" adjective to the lights or Galeem itself. Not only is he saved, but so is everyone else.

D

Deleted member

You can't pronounce it properly when you're chewing. Finish what you're eating first.
*sigh.. this job is hard*
Hey, metal is a lot chewier than it looks. Give me a break.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

You can't pronounce it properly when you're chewing. Finish what you're eating first.
*sigh.. this job is hard*
I read your name and thought it was pronounced 'Go'-'Ay'-'Mon'. The 'Goe' is read as 'Goo'?

Edit: Editing this post to avoid double posting.

I see some discussion on who could have survived the beams of death aside from Kirby in that story opening thing. I'm not sure how thought out each character is and whats been discussed so far, but with Cloud's access to Materia, couldn't he just use 'Stop' to halt time shortly, 'Haste' or 'Haste 2' to speed everyone up (or alternatively 'Slow' on the entity itself), or a multitude of other spells to escape or help others escape? the 'Exit' materia specifically would just allow him or whatever constitutes a 'party' for him to insta-escape from battle.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My Hero Academia is everything Naruto wanted to be, capitalises on it's potential, and is new enough that newbies can get into it. Not to mention that it's anime is incredibly well made (unlike modern One Piece and early Dragon Ball Super, thanks Toei).
Early DBS? The entirety of DBS looks like fan animation until a few specific parts of the Tournament of Power.

I am one of like three people that actually thinks GT was better.

Fight me.

Last edited:

KiwiK

Smash Rookie
I read your name and thought it was pronounced 'Go'-'Ay'-'Mon'. The 'Goe' is read as 'Goo'?
It's read as "Go". The extra O in the post is just an extension, like how you can write "Hey" as "Heeey".
Edit: Thought you were talking about one of his posts. The "E" is sort of mute.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Early DBS? The entirety of DBS looks like fan animation until a few specific parts of the Tournament of Power.

Fight me.
Original dragon ball is easily the best DB anime, change my mind. I place GT and super as equal for different reasons.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I probably would call it GoyGoy, but the correct pronounciation is Go.A.Go.A.. That "e" (in Goe) is pronounced like the letter A in the word May.
It's the only tricky letter in the name Goemon. So it's like Go. a. mon.

Edit: So GoeGoe sounds like Go away Go away if you said it real fast :)

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Hypothetically, Maxwell from Scribblenauts could've survived. He even has multiple ways of going about it.
  • Apply the "invincible" adjective to himself so the beams have no effect on him.
  • Summon a Warp Star (or something else that works simmilarly) to escape in the exact same way Kirby did
  • Apply the "Gone" adjective to the lights or Galeem itself. Not only is he saved, but so is everyone else.
I really love Maxwell being in Smash, even just as a canon thing. Spirits really blew the "universe" open for the better. Of course it'd be fun to have him playable too.

I have a weird relationship with Scribblenauts in that I loved the first one to pieces but really wasn't feeling Unlimited at all. I think I just preferred when it was puzzle mission focused and you could be really creative.

beans

Smash Lord
Oh man I missed the BNHA discussion, lost my chance to shill Vigilantes and Gentle, the best villain.

Well, there is no use to cry for spilled milk just like in megaman X

Fight me.
Honestly, make me the 4th

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don’t understand 75M at all. Why not choose the vastly more iconic 25m as a stage instead?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
It's read as "Go". The extra O in the post is just an extension, like how you can write "Hey" as "Heeey".
Edit: Thought you were talking about one of his posts. The "E" is sort of mute.
nnnno.. it's like how I described it. Good try though.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Original dragon ball is easily the best DB anime, change my mind. I place GT and super as equal for different reasons.
I won't change your mind. GT has significant flaws, as does Super, and as does Z. Dragonball is the purest, best constructed story of the bunch and it has a wonderful earlier anime charm.

Z morphed the series into something entirely different and it's my personal favorite, while I consider GT to be a natural extension of it and Super to be the noncanon extension. I adore the Super movies and I get the feeling I'll love Broly as well, but the anime itself, I just... There are so many things to love and SO so many things to hate. I think GT gets an unfair shake for problems that Super has in spades, and it isn't appreciated enough for its uniqueness and quality animation.

It's simply popular to hate GT despite its positives and love Super despite its negatives so that's what we get.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Who seriously wanted 75M or Great Cave Offensive back? Or hell even Pac-Land?

Even among my most casual of casual friends I have don't like those stages.
Pac-Land is dope though.

But yeah 75M sucks and Great Cave Offensive literally hurts my eyes

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Maxwell is a Spirit?

I loved Scribblenauts.
I miss Scribblenauts. The first one had potential but was a pain to play. The second was perfect. The two I played after that felt like superfluous retreads and I haven't touched it since.

I still have my copy of Super Scribblenautes with everything beaten. Maybe I'll delete my save data and play through it again. It's been like four or five years.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hey, metal is a lot chewier than it looks. Give me a break.
Here, have an E-Tank to ease it down.
I see some discussion on who could have survived the beams of death aside from Kirby in that story opening thing. I'm not sure how thought out each character is and whats been discussed so far, but with Cloud's access to Materia, couldn't he just use 'Stop' to halt time shortly, 'Haste' or 'Haste 2' to speed everyone up (or alternatively 'Slow' on the entity itself), or a multitude of other spells to escape or help others escape? the 'Exit' materia specifically would just allow him or whatever constitutes a 'party' for him to insta-escape from battle.
The survivor no one's talking about is none other than the true hero.. Mega Man :)

KMDP

Smash Legend

Fight me.
...Early Dragon Ball Super is everything before midway through the Trunks Arc, I guess (there's some great animation in the Vegito VS Zamasu fight).

Hopefully, the standard of quality they've built up during the ToP and Broly movie will continue into the next season.

Dragon Ball GT was probably the most consistently animated, at the very least.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
1. WFT tried that invincibility tactic and got clapped.
2. Maxwell has never summoned a Warp Star (to my knowledge, let alone an exact replica) before. Not saying he can't do it. But for the sake of what the character has been shown to do, he wouldn't be able to summon a Warp Star.
3. NLF. It's like saying Ganondorf can only die to holy weapons (and therefore, him getting ******* atomized won't kill him) or that Saitama can literally one punch anything. Since Maxwell has never fought Galeem itself (or even Mario, Link, Kirby, etc, canonically), we can only use consistent feats or statements to determine whether he could've actually done that.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
...Early Dragon Ball Super is everything before midway through the Trunks Arc, I guess (there's some great animation in the Vegito VS Zamasu fight).

Hopefully, the standard of quality they've built up during the ToP and Broly movie will continue into the next season.

Dragon Ball GT was probably the most consistently animated, at the very least.
You're right. I should give the end of the Black arc its due. I guess I kind of glossed over Vegito's appearance since Toei did the same.

:shades:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Season 3 has the last "Villain Attacks the Students" plot for a very long time.

Season 4 will be almost entirely the Heroes being proactive in their heroism, and that's all I'll say without getting too into spoiler territory.
Nice to know season 3 halted that. Don't think I'll be getting into the series again, tbh.

D

Deleted member

You're right. I should give the end of the Black arc its due. I guess I kind of glossed over Vegito's appearance since Toei did the same.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP.
Gotta love how they tease vegito, have him appear in a really cool-looking fight for a whole minute and then have him disappear. It felt like he was only there to fill a quota.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Gotta love how they tease vegito, have him appear in a really cool-looking fight for a whole minute and then have him disappear. It felt like he was only there to fill a quota.
That's the exact reason. Gotta sell toys with blue hair now.

Vegito's my brother's favorite character and he hyped the **** out of that episode before coming away disappointed. Still liked the fight itself but when Trunks came in to steal the show, he was like, "OH COME ON!" at the screen. It was hilarious.

D

Deleted member

Jumping on the DBS discussion real quick. Im not a fan of how the DBS anime went (and heavily disliked GT; only like designs), but I have to say that the manga for DBS is going a lot better (with a new arc beginning after the tournament of power in the latest issue). They treated characters like Roshi a lot better than the anime did.

The best thing would be for a 'Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood' kind of version of Super to come out where the first arc (Beerus) is almost abridged because its nearly identical, then the anime becomes almost entirely different as it actually follows the manga as closely as possible since the first DBS anime deviated heavily at points.

Ivander

Smash Legend
-Invincibility doesn't necessarily mean you can't die(*looks at Nabbit when he falls into a hole*). Invincibility would probably just make the lights painless.
-He could....but Kirby has rode his plenty of times and has gotten used to how fast it goes. Just because you can make one and use it yourself doesn't suddenly make you an expert.
-"Only Link can defeat Ganon, etc." Even ignoring that, I'm more than certain that SCP-682 rules apply to Galeem in that you can't suddenly just make it gone.

KiwiK

Smash Rookie
nnnno.. it's like how I described it. Good try though.
Welp. Thanks for the correction.
The survivor no one's talking about is none other than the true hero.. Mega Man :)
As far as I know MM doesn't have any consistent way to warp out of a stage. He only does so when he beats a Robot Master or a level was already beat and reaches the end of it. Unless he has some whack Rush ability and/or I'm missing on some vital Mega Man lore, he probably wouldn't survive.

Proto Man's shield would probably handle it if Link's can, that's as much as I can guess for Mega Man characters in general.

KMDP

Smash Legend

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP.:shades:
OHHHHHHHHHHHH! *insert reaction gif*
I think it had more to do with timing, they probably introduced Vegito too late into the arc and therefore had to rush his appearance.

Fortunately, what little screentime he did get was incredible.
GT is utter trash and only reason why people like it is nostalgia.
Hey, GT had good stuff (e.g. Super Saiyan 4, Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku, Gogeta).

Baby and the Shadow Dragons were good ideas that should have gone through a few more re-writes (Baby should have possessed Goku, not Vegeta, for example).

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Who seriously wanted 75M or Great Cave Offensive back?.
Great Cave Offensive is unironically the best-looking stage in the game (though Fountain of Dreams is now competing). The normal version is fun on occasion for large-man matches but in general you usually want to stick to the Omega (and now battlefield) varients, which look absolutely gorgeous.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Yeah, what about Kai?
Kai is literally the biggest improvement/remake to any anime I've ever seen.
The voice acting is better, the writing is better, the animation is better, the pacing is better, the dialogue is better.

But comparing Z to DB is a little odd anyways cause Z is much more stereotypically shonen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom