• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I was going to input with the Smash having more iconic characters than All-Stars, but my connection timed and my post was erased. Besides, Opossum seems to have taken care of it. Though I will say I was supremely disappointed by All Stars. It had some potential if not for the freakin stupid KO system.
PSBA roster is severly lacking mainly on the PSx era, the rest (with the exception of Donte) is pretty decent although i don't know much of those bunch of military kinda ps3 guys XD)

But yeah... the game certainly have potential if Sony actually tries to copy nintendo full speed and not halfassed (more budget, and maybe a more experienced team)

And by the love of Jubileus drop the Super to ko mechanic!!!! Honestly was what really killed the game for me.

D

Deleted member

Smash is coming so soon! I'm so excited to play as :ultisabelle:. Are there any characters that anyone is interested in trying out, even if they don't plan to main them?

Also, apparently I can't post my remixes here anymore. I got a spam warning for it. So just check the link in my signature regularly! :3
For newcomers I gotta go with Young Link and Richter, RIdley and K.Rool look fun but I'm garbage with heavies. I'll play them anyways though. And Isabelle is gonna be fun as hell with that fishing rod.

For veterans I have a couple. Marth looks improved, Pikachu looks OP, Captain Falcon looks as fun as ever, Ganon and Link have some cool changes but the real star of the show is my Monado Boi. He's finally not just decent, but top-tier. I'm so happy for him :) His alts are badass as hell now too, dark hair Shulk makes me swoon

Unfortunately it looks like in-suit Samus had to take the fall for all of Shulk's buffs. My poor girl :(

chadikins714

Smash Rookie
Hello, smash bros community!! As we anticipate this new direct's release date, I wanted to give you guys a place to discuss, speculate, an theorize details about the Direct, and about potential Smash Bros reveals.
I've created a Discord server for all of your possible Smash Bros. Desires, gathering everything from the Smash blog to news reports and direct tweets from Nintendo.
In our server, we offer:
•A multitude of channels, both text and voice, for everyone to discuss whatever they'd like. Including characters, stages, items, music, alt costumes, amiibo, tournaments, matchmaking, and more!
•Direct Smash Bros. Ultimate news feeds and announcements regarding future directs and presentations.
•Reactions with all server members to the new directs and information given by Mr. Sakurai, as well as DLC speculation.
•All full HD renders of every character in the game.
•All full HD stock icons of every character in the game.
•Character roles and ranking systems for you to personalize yourself, identify your favorite character, and show off your dedication.
•An around the clock music room for anyone's favorite Nintendo and other gaming music to enjoy.
If any of this sounds interesting to you, please click here to join the server! We're currently standing strong at 600+ members and are looking to gather as many people as possible to witness the direct together. Thank you, and happy smashing!

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
D

Deleted member

Don’t know if you guys have seen it yet, but Sakurai has confirmed that there will indeed be a day one patch/update, take that as you will.

Source: https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...s-ultimate-world-of-light-launch-update-more/
Probably for balance/bug purposes. They didn't have a beta or demo; no PTR like Overwatch has, so any feedback had would just be from the short store demos, players at game conventions, or early copies given to 'pros' to test things out. If they heard anything significant like really bad bugs, wonky hitboxes, or too much damage potential, they can prepare a quick patch to set things right at game launch.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
:ultinkling: Impressed with their gimmick. Genuinely excited to try them out. Made me get Splatoon 2.
:ultdaisy: Not a big fan, but happy she made it after all these years.
:ultridley: TOO BIG FOR WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUNDS OF EVERYONE DYING.
:ultsimon: My head was banging at his reveal. But...who?
:ultrichter: Who? Ah, who cares, he's good lookin' good.
:ultdarksamus: Never gonna play Samus in her suit ever again, the character.
:ultchrom: MAH BOI MADE IT! HE GOT HIS CHANCE! ...aaaand he's really last minute LOL.
:ultkrool: N64 days called.
:ultisabelle: ...I was unimpressed at first. But I'm playing her afterall.
:ultken: Eyy!
:ultincineroar: He looks cool. Not my favorite of the Alolan third stage starters but I love Litten.
:ultpiranha: The tears of the salty fans water this plant. Just saying.
(just noticed i was pretty late to this part of the topic but oh well)

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
So, since it seems like everything else from the the Reddit Piranha Plant leaker has been confirmed, I suppose he might be right about the last bit of missing info. Anyone else hyped about it?
I know I've asked before, but can I have a source for this "reddit leaker" I've been hearing about? It doesn't even have to be a link, I just want to know where to find this info.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I actually talked about PSASBR with my roommate the other day and its only real sin outside of some weird choices and promotional picks is that it was missing Crash, Spyro, Cloud, and Lara. It had a solid roster with DLC. It just needed more support and variety. We actually tried to see what would happen if Sony tried again with a roster of fifty, with the caveat being that they have to keep the entirety of the previous game's roster. The story was that they also tried to snatch up certain characters that weren't in base Smash.

To quote how he broke down the hypothetical newcomer roster:

First, the obvious heavy hitters who should have been in the first one. So, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft, Cloud Strife.

People to represent Playstation since ASBR, so I have Delsin Rowe from Infamous: Second Son, Joel & Ellie from The Last of Us, Joker from Persona 5, 2B from Nier: Automata, Sam Bridges from Death Stranding (promotional pick), Monokuma from Danganronpa, THE KNACK ATTACK, and Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn

Then, I have a bunch of not obvious picks, so Alucard, Big Boss, Vergil from Devil May Cry, Neo Cortex to add more villains, Pyramid Head, Jill Valentine, Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Minecraft Steve to sell the kids on it, Tracer from Overwatch, Viewtiful Joe, Wander from Shadow of the Colossus

Then the rest fit in the bizarre more obscure reps that people would love, so Tomba, Virginia Maxwell from the Wild Arms franchise

And Spider-Man!

Like, Sony has the characters to make a great Smash clone, and I'd buy that game in a heartbeat. If course licensing would be a nightmare I'm sure but this is hypothetical world dang it.
The fact that you didn't list Dart makes me sad. Actually, the fact that Dart was in active development and then cancelled is my biggest disappointment with that game. He was my most supported character back then.
Legend of Dragoon was so ****ing good.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
How much do you think it will take for the first DLC character to be revealed?
Probably around when Piranha Plant gets released, so like somewhere in February.

Unless you mean Piranha Plant in which case, it was already revealed.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'd say the very latest is April for the first Fighter Pass character. The earliest would be a December or January direct.

I do think they at least want to give the base game some time to shine. And Piranha Plant will arrive in February. So I feel like a later reveal is more likely unless Spawnwave's Game Awards reveal turns out true which seems to becoming less of a possibility by the day.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The fact that you didn't list Dart makes me sad. Actually, the fact that Dart was in active development and then cancelled is my biggest disappointment with that game. He was my most supported character back then.
Legend of Dragoon was so ****ing good.
Yeah :(

It's so hard to make a comprehensive roster without someone getting left out somewhere. We forgot someone from Oddworld too. Maybe Legend of Dragoon can have a stage at least. Yknow, in this hypothetical scenario.

(You could probably trade out Steve but the idea started as a joke about Sony announcing various people for PSASBR2 that people kinda wanted for Smash just to steal Nintendo's thunder)

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Same weirdly

Don’t you mean Daisy?

That’s actually a very great reason to have Kirby be the only one to survive (and never thought about Bayo or Palutena being able to survive)
I'd argue Kirby could have shoved someone else on his wrap star with him like he has always done...

The moment when Sonic is more empathetic than Kirby.

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
November First 2018
About 27 days ag----

dammit
October 23rd, 2014.
The importance of being specific lol

Talking seriously, the first character will probably get announced at best a couple of weeks before Piranha Plant is released imo, in the first direct of next year or something like that

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd argue Kirby could have shoved someone else on his wrap star with him like he has always done...

The moment when Sonic is more empathetic than Kirby.
Since when Kirby thinks about others?

Plus, Sonic has always been a character that does puts others before himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom