• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

PS all-stars’ biggest problem was that in the end, nobody outside the devs had any faith in the game. It really feels like Sony couldn’t give two ****s about the game and the devs had to make do with the super limited budget they had. Even in the consumers’ eye, most refused to see it as anything more than a cash-grab smash clone. Real unfortunate, but the game was pretty much doomed from the start.

D

Deleted member

I just noticed we're in the single-digits when it comes to how many days until Ultimate launches

We're in the endgame now

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
In all seriousness I believe we'll see our first DLC in February, if I remember correctly, after 3 months, Mewtwo was considered 'mostly done' by Sakurai, with them focusing on Lucas to show his trailer when advertising Mewtwo another 3 months later, with data of Ryu and Roy being in the game, indicating they were still being worked on too. Especially as they released alongside Lucas later.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Let's hope it's modes that we don't already know about
I know I've asked before, but can I have a source for this "reddit leaker" I've been hearing about? It doesn't even have to be a link, I just want to know where to find this info.
Here is the info: https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashBrosUltimate/comments/9fofbl/leaked_info/
Context:
https://twitter.com/steveng86/status/1065309340540768256/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1065309340540768256&ref_url=https://storage.googleapis.com/resetera-resources/twitter.min2.html#1065309340540768256

Last edited:

GhostYB

Smash Apprentice
Is this true? It was inspired by Persona 5?
not sure if its completely inspired but he said this in an interview "If there was a game UI contest held tomorrow, Persona 5 would probably win by a mile. It’s magnificent."

GhostYB

Smash Apprentice
In all seriousness I believe we'll see our first DLC in February, if I remember correctly, after 3 months, Mewtwo was considered 'mostly done' by Sakurai, with them focusing on Lucas to show his trailer when advertising Mewtwo another 3 months later, with data of Ryu and Roy being in the game, indicating they were still being worked on too. Especially as they released alongside Lucas later.
i completely agree. they'll probably have an announcement for PP and have the new fighter at the end or something

osby

Smash Obsessed
not sure if its completely inspired but he said this in an interview "If there was a game UI contest held tomorrow, Persona 5 would probably win by a mile. It’s magnificent."
i completely agree. they'll probably have an announcement for PP and have the new fighter at the end or something
You're new here, so it's natural to not know, but you shouldn't post twice without someone else posts first. It's forbidden.

D

Deleted member

You're new here, so it's natural to not know, but you shouldn't post twice without someone else posts first. It's forbidden.
if you break the unwritten rule the mods will find your house and start a grease fire at 3 am

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
:ultinkling: Impressed with their gimmick. Genuinely excited to try them out. Made me get Splatoon 2.
:ultdaisy: Not a big fan, but happy she made it after all these years.
:ultridley: TOO BIG FOR WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUNDS OF EVERYONE DYING.
:ultsimon: My head was banging at his reveal. But...who?
:ultrichter: Who? Ah, who cares, he's good lookin' good.
:ultdarksamus: Never gonna play Samus in her suit ever again, the character.
:ultchrom: MAH BOI MADE IT! HE GOT HIS CHANCE! ...aaaand he's really last minute LOL.
:ultkrool: N64 days called.
:ultisabelle: ...I was unimpressed at first. But I'm playing her afterall.
:ultken: Eyy!
:ultincineroar: He looks cool. Not my favorite of the Alolan third stage starters but I love Litten.
:ultpiranha: The tears of the salty fans water this plant. Just saying.
(just noticed i was pretty late to this part of the topic but oh well)
"Imagine having unpopular opinions that nobody agrees with"
This post was made by me.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
>first dlc character of fighter pass in february

why you must hurt me this way, I will prob die of waiting for reveal of first DLC character in such long time

GhostYB

Smash Apprentice
would you believe me if i said part of it was my internet

thanks for letting me know tho!

D

Deleted member

december 7th is so ****ing close you guys

thinking about it gives me literal chills

D

Deleted member

That's great and all, but his post had been deleted and reposted by another user; his original account suspended. That means the only 'info' there was stuff we know at this point (and probably where the original 'Ken and Incineroar are last characters' rumors originated). Nobody can ask him anything since he'd need a new account and without ever having given his name before, there's no way now to identify whether anyone saying they're this guy is legitimate. Plus its been 2 months since it was posted and he's been likely using a new account without ever receiving notifications about those asking about it now and if he was sore at the testing company for letting him go, he's probably pissed at Reddit for taking down his post twice then banning him, so he may not even return at all.

As far as DLC he mentioned goes, the 'mostly playable' character is obviously Piranha Plant since that is DLC (just not one of the pay for ones) and we've seen gameplay in his reveal trailer meaning he is playable at the moment. So, again, nothing really new from this leaker.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
That's great and all, but his post had been deleted and reposted by another user; his original account suspended. That means the only 'info' there was stuff we know at this point (and probably where the original 'Ken and Incineroar are last characters' rumors originated). Nobody can ask him anything since he'd need a new account and without ever having given his name before, there's no way now to identify whether anyone saying they're this guy is legitimate. Plus its been 2 months since it was posted and he's been likely using a new account without ever receiving notifications about those asking about it now and if he was sore at the testing company for letting him go, he's probably pissed at Reddit for taking down his post twice then banning him, so he may not even return at all.

As far as DLC he mentioned goes, the 'mostly playable' character is obviously Piranha Plant since that is DLC (just not one of the pay for ones) and we've seen gameplay in his reveal trailer meaning he is playable at the moment. So, again, nothing really new from this leaker.
I never said this was new info. I just said that with the confirmation of a day 1 patch, the only info left from this leaker that needs to come true is the new modes and I asked if anyone is hyped about that possibility. And people wanted a source.

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Holy crap. He got everything spot on, and even mentioned the Fly Swatter assist before it was announced. Yeah, I see no reason not to believe him at this point. Nice to know we got at least 2 real leaks this cycle, being the Ken leak and this one.

D

Deleted member

I never said this was new info. I just said that with the confirmation of a day 1 patch, the only info left from this leaker that needs to come true is the new modes and I asked if anyone is hyped about that possibility.
ah ok, sorry, but I think that's answered as well. At the time the post was made, we didn't know about Spirits mode or the Classic mode returning in that 'World of Light' fashion or whatever it is. That's mostly likely what he was referring to.

EDIT: Quick edit; Forgot he elaborated a little on Spirits. Classic, though, wasn't known until the November Direct, so its still likely what he was referring to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
So... who's going to be the first character you try to unlock? I'm curious to see who everyone's most excited to play as first!

I'll be unlocking the rest of the original 12 first, then move on to newcomers like Inkling, K.rool and Simon afterwards.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
So... who's going to be the first character you try to unlock? I'm curious to see who everyone's most excited to play as first!

I'll be unlocking the rest of the original 12 first, then move on to newcomers like Inkling, K.rool and Simon afterwards.
Since he's so easy to unlock, I'll unlock Sonic first.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Well it obviously won't be Bowser Jr. or Palutena, that's for sure.

I'll probably unlock Ness, Zelda, and Bowser through VS first.
After that, I'd focus on the Classic mode characters (K. Rool, Sonic, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario) etc.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I'm gonna beeline to Inkling tbh then after that I don't care much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom