• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The main reason I don't think we're getting Sylux is because we're probably not getting Metroid Prime 4 until AT LEAST 2021 at this rate.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The main reason I don't think we're getting Sylux is because we're probably not getting Metroid Prime 4 until AT LEAST 2021 at this rate.
We'll get a good idea where they are with Metroid Prime 4 during the Game Awards.
After that, we can make a better assumption on Sylux's chances.

I think we have an even bigger reason, we already got two metroid newcomers on this game...
It's not impossible; we got 3 new FE characters in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
You don't need to know anything, Metroid is better than anime sword-fighters, who cares about anyone cares about him or not.
It's like I've said before. Regardless of whatever "hints " we may get, there's no gurantee he's even going to play that big a role in MP4. :U

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Seeing Adeline reminds me that if we do get a Kirby newcomer, I hope its a dream friend other than Bandana Dee. Imo, he’s easily the most boring dream friend moveset wise, especially considering how unique Daroach, Marx and Adeline are. Granted, he’s definitely the likeliest Kirby newcomer, but that’s just how I feel. Dark Matter would be cool too.
I say Daroach would be cool to have. Because he looks cool.

Pakky

Smash Hero
What is Your reaction to these being dlc fighters after the datamine?
View attachment 180422
Porky- Yes

Banjo Kazooie- I'm down for it, Yes

Sylux- I get it but I need a demonstration

Adeline- I love her but you're using recycled assets from Woomy, so whew that depends man.

Poochy- Look I love him I think he's great, however you need to give me a reason why I should buy him.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm telling ya'll our DLC is going to be
  • Crono
  • Banjo & Kazooie
OR
  • Hero (Dragon Quest)/Sora
  • Steve
And then
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Nintendo Promotional Rep
  • Phoenix Wright/Doom Guy/Nintendo Promotional Rep

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All of you hate this and prefer the other list? why?
It has banjo in it. I’m just saying why?

Zeox

Smash Champion
View attachment 180422
Grew up with Kirby 3 and 64 so would love Ado, also grew up with Yoshi island so Poochie would be cool
Never played Banjo but I know him from years and years and I know it would make a lot of people happy.
Sylux eehh, but Metroid Prime fans getting new stuff is cool.
That fat kid on that spider roboth looks dumb and stoopid and I have no idea who he is.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 180422
I be pretty happy for Banjo fan but I wouldn't care personally that much since I haven't played any of his game.
Porky would honestly be really cool and offer something new to Smash, but I get he wouldn't be everyone favourite.
Adeleine make me go like "but....BD?", but afterward, I be really happy since she is one of my favourite Kirby character.
Sylux would be weird, cool & funny:

Weird because...we got like 4 Metroid characters, do we really need more?
Cool because I think Sylux as alot of potential as a vilain and Smash could really unlock some of Sylux potential.
Funny because peoples would say "Sakurai is bias toward Metroid" and that be just hilarious to me.

For Poochie...

Why?

So, overall, I be pretty cool with it, but I get why it wouldn't be everyone cup of tea.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
One of the DLC characters is Cross so they can do the "Did you know? You can also play as female Cross!"

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
  • Crono
  • Banjo & Kazooie
OR
  • Steve
And then
  • Lloyd Irving
I kinda doubt Lloyd, honestly; with Namco directly involved in the development I'd expect nudging towards Yuri. He's the most popular character in the franchise and, with Vesperia DE, will have been in a recent release.

If Jin/Heihachi doesn't happen.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
This may come as a shock but...

I don't care about Banjo at all. Never liked his design, never liked the games, never liked anything about him.

Opinions, huh

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Metroid Prime hunters released in 2006.
I remember being so enamored with that game when I first played it. It was one of the first handheld games that was 3D that I played. And it's considered one of the weaker Metroid titles.

Would be nice if one of the VS Hunters themes made it into the game. But it might something ya gotta mod in.

• Crono/Erdrick/Sora
  • Steve/Banjo
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Phoenix Wright
I don't think we're gonna get 4 third parties. I wouldn't mind being wrong about that, but wouldn't Nintendo want more than just 1 character in this DLC to be theirs? I'm thinking it'll be 3 Nintendo characters and 2 third parties, one of which is the rumored Square character, but that might not even come to fruition like we think it will.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Speaking as someone who would vastly (and I mean, VASTLY) prefer Banjo to Steve.

Not everyone is a fan of every character choice, even fan favorites like Banjo.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I just don't want any of the characters, Banjo included...
They just don't get me excited...

The other list on the other hand...

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm not sure about Dragon Quest; supposedly Toriyama is a stickler, hard to work with due to how he wants his characters represented a specific way, and if you think Square is stingy with FF, try getting them, Armor Project, Bird Studios, and that composer to all agree and have no problems that'd make Nintendo and Sakurai change their minds.

Not saying it's impossible, but I think Sephiroth, Crono (if he's not in a similar position to DQ as I've seen said), Geno, and Sora are more-likely; Sephiroth less-so because of the FF7 composers's situation.

I really only care about Porky, Adeleine and Banjo-Kazooie among those characters; Porky and B-K more-so tbh.

I mean, Poochy could be cool, but I don't really care if he's included, either. Don't really care for the other list either, though, except for Steve and I'm interested in Slime.

Tbh I'd be happy with the list, just disappointed in no Geno.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
So were theses guys in a datamine for sure?

If so there has to be a season 2

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I prefer the first list as it has two things I actually give a **** about. Banjo for his fans, and Sylux is pretty cool.

I don't care about Granblue or Minecraft. I respect DQ, but I'm not into it. And we don't know anything about Edelgard other than she exists and she has an Axe. No one I can get too attached to.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm not sure about Dragon Quest; supposedly Toriyama is a stickler, hard to work with due to how he wants his characters represented a specific way, and if you think Square is stingy with FF, try getting them, Armor Project, Bird Studios, and that composer to all agree and have no problems that'd make Nintendo and Sakurai change their minds.

Not saying it's impossible, but I think Sephiroth, Crono (if he's not in a similar position to DQ as I've seen said), Geno, and Sora are more-likely; Sephiroth less-so because of the FF7 composers's situation.
Lmao. Toriyama is literally the easiest part to work with, the Problem is just how would the deal be made with price cut etc.

But really. Toriyama Ain't the issue. The composer is.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So were theses guys in a datamine for sure?

If so there has to be a season 2
@Connorb0t2 is speaking hypothetically about the characters.

If there was a real datamine with DLC, this place would be on fire. And a datamine doesn't confirm that they'd have more DLC after the Fighter's Pass, just that they picked the characters, which we already knew was the finished part of the process.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I actually talked about PSASBR with my roommate the other day and its only real sin outside of some weird choices and promotional picks is that it was missing Crash, Spyro, Cloud, and Lara. It had a solid roster with DLC. It just needed more support and variety. We actually tried to see what would happen if Sony tried again with a roster of fifty, with the caveat being that they have to keep the entirety of the previous game's roster. The story was that they also tried to snatch up certain characters that weren't in base Smash.

To quote how he broke down the hypothetical newcomer roster:

First, the obvious heavy hitters who should have been in the first one. So, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft, Cloud Strife.

People to represent Playstation since ASBR, so I have Delsin Rowe from Infamous: Second Son, Joel & Ellie from The Last of Us, Joker from Persona 5, 2B from Nier: Automata, Sam Bridges from Death Stranding (promotional pick), Monokuma from Danganronpa, THE KNACK ATTACK, and Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn

Then, I have a bunch of not obvious picks, so Alucard, Big Boss, Vergil from Devil May Cry, Neo Cortex to add more villains, Pyramid Head, Jill Valentine, Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Minecraft Steve to sell the kids on it, Tracer from Overwatch, Viewtiful Joe, Wander from Shadow of the Colossus

Then the rest fit in the bizarre more obscure reps that people would love, so Tomba, Virginia Maxwell from the Wild Arms franchise

And Spider-Man!

Like, Sony has the characters to make a great Smash clone, and I'd buy that game in a heartbeat. If course licensing would be a nightmare I'm sure but this is hypothetical world dang it.
I made up a roster for a “PlayStation All-Stars Ultimate” game. You wanna hear it? Should I post it here or make a separate thread?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
  • Crono
  • Banjo & Kazooie
OR
  • Steve
And then
  • Lloyd Irving
It's probably gonna be the latter, since Nintendo is choosing, and it makes more sense from a marketing standpoint...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom