• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Suda wanting travis in smash is weird cause he made it clear Travis is meant to be endearing nerdy loser so im wondering how suda will direct sakurai to fit in his character fighting a bunch of gaming icons

D

Deleted member

Don’t worry, Sakurai is just being faithful to the source material.... Just like with Bayonetta.....
Then Samus would be broken with the screwattack and the super bombs and missiles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Suda wanting travis in smash is weird cause he made it clear Travis is meant to be endearing nerdy loser so im wondering how suda will direct sakurai to fit in his character fighting a bunch of gaming icons
Tripping included in his gimmick. :denzel:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
All of you hate this and prefer the other list? why?
It has banjo in it. I’m just saying why?
For me, there's these reasons
Banjo Kazooie: I have zero interest in this franchise and thus can't bring myself to care
Adeline: I found her very disappointing in Star Allies and I feel Bandana Dee kind of NEEDS to be there before anyone else to make the Kirby gang feel complete
Sylux: Sylux is a case I need to see before I believe. They're potential moveset is also rather flat. However, once they get a boss fight in Prime 4, ask me again by then
Porky: Not an Earthbound fan although if it's the Mother 3 incarnation I'll be reminded of Guilty Gear so that's cool

osby

Smash Obsessed
For me, there's these reasons
Banjo Kazooie: I have zero interest in this franchise and thus can't bring myself to care
Adeline: I found her very disappointing in Star Allies and I feel Bandana Dee kind of NEEDS to be there before anyone else to make the Kirby gang feel complete
Sylux: Sylux is a case I need to see before I believe. They're potential moveset is also rather flat. However, once they get a boss fight in Prime 4, ask me again by then
Porky: Not an Earthbound fan although if it's the Mother 3 incarnation I'll be reminded of Guilty Gear so that's cool
I think you are like the second person who forgot Poochy.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
He's gonna like Incineroar, that's for sure

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Poochy? How the heck would Poochy work? And why the heck would Poochy be considered for a playable character?

Others are meh because i'm not familiar with them, but as long as they could be a fun character i'll be totally ok.
Piranha Plant is in the game, Poochy could work. Poochy vs Sephiroth would be pretty based, don’t lie.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
My DLC predictions:

1. Geno/Sora/Crono - I'm not sure how many parties are involved with Chrono Trigger but I'm going to assume it'd be easier than Dragon Quest, Geno is highly requested and at least someone at SE cares about SMRPG to allow licenses to the rights for Geno and Mallow as Spirits (plus Nintendo still acknowledges the game), and Sora would probably be easier to get than DQ because of it only being two parties involved to my knowledge (even though one is Disney, apparently they'd be fine with his inclusion, although idk if it'd be a limited time-thing or not).

Again DQ isn't impossible and I'd like Slime (though I'd be fine with a protagonist, it's just I haven't played DQ and became interested just 'cause of Slime), it just seems like a really big hassle to license compared to some other potential candidates, but maybe Nintendo could get all of the parties to cooperate and SE wouldn't be too stingy (though I fear Western players will get bad midis).

As for Sephiroth, I'm not sure.

On one hand, we already have FF7 stuff so okay.

On the other hand, the FF7 composer's situation means we're most-likely not getting any new FF7 music.

I have absolutely no idea about any other SE characters.

2. Banjo-Kazooie/Steve - B-K is a beloved game, with the characters being beloved themselves, and two Rare IPs have been found in the code (could be a mistake because of some goofball thinking Nintendo owned the games and then realizing they didn't and then they didn't remove the code, but meh it could also be a different situation involving Rare negotiations or something), and Steve is from a highly popular franchise where most of its fanbase would love to play as Steve despite his lack of a real personality, which is fine because that means he can be whatever you want like how you build and shape the world in Minecraft (although I'd really like a playable Creeper).

3. Porky or Ninten - Yes.

4. Gen 8 Pokemon - It's Pokemon.

5. Um...I don't know what to put here...I'll just say Sandbag because Super Smashing Finale or something.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Ah, the good ol’ relevancy argument against Banjo, although I do agree he wouldn’t make sense as DLC through a business point. He’s base or nothing imo.

DLC predictions again? Well I refuse to face disappointment once more so here’s what’s happening:

-Gen 8 Pokemon
-FE 3 Houses (Most likely Edelgard)
-Square Enix (Sora/Sephiroth/DQ)
-Ongoing 3rd Party
-Ongoing 3rd Party

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
Piranha Plant is in the game, Poochy could work. Poochy vs Sephiroth would be pretty based, don’t lie.
We don't need another joke character though, any joke characters after Piranha Plant would be lame. Poochy would count as a joke character, right?

Also, why the heck is Yoshi it's own series? It's basically just a Mario game but you play as Yoshi.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I remember being so enamored with that game when I first played it. It was one of the first handheld games that was 3D that I played. And it's considered one of the weaker Metroid titles.

Would be nice if one of the VS Hunters themes made it into the game. But it might something ya gotta mod in.

I don't think we're gonna get 4 third parties. I wouldn't mind being wrong about that, but wouldn't Nintendo want more than just 1 character in this DLC to be theirs? I'm thinking it'll be 3 Nintendo characters and 2 third parties, one of which is the rumored Square character, but that might not even come to fruition like we think it will.
Who's gonna get more press and sales?

Sylux? or Phoenix Wright?

There's a reason that 3 out of our 4 unique DLC characters for Sm4sh were third parties.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I made up a roster for a “PlayStation All-Stars Ultimate” game. You wanna hear it? Should I post it here or make a separate thread?
Ok. I’m gonna do this in another thread after I’m done with classes for the day (College, ugh). I’ll go into detail about my choices and design philosophy behind it. I did everything from characters to items. See you in a couple hours.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
If I could choose anyone:

Porky or Kumatora
Cooking Mama (Square Enix rep)
Savvy Stylist
Andy or Sami
Vivian

I would also want Bub & Bob, Frogger, Taizo Hori, Ayumi Tachibana, and Starfy, but sadly there wasn’t enough space.

If I was actually in charge and was pressured by fans (but assuming I can’t promote assist trophies) and the need to balance franchises:

Geno
Banjo
Bandana Waddle Dee
Lloyd or Heihachi
Bethesda rep as a show of good faith for their Switch support

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Literally the first thing I'm gonna do in this game after configuring my settings is do Pika's Classic mode at lowest difficulty, gotta get Shulk asap so my mains will all be there. I main Link, Shulk, and Mario so I'll have access to all of them very quick :)
-laughs in all unlockables for mains-

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
If you ignore Poochy simply because he isn't a "cool" fighter like Sylux or Porky, you're tacitly admitting that not having a spirit means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom