• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also, as much as I would love to rant further about how dumb e is, we should get back on topic.
I’d just be interested to see Banjo in HD with a more detailed art style honestly

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Who's gonna get more press and sales?

Sylux? or Phoenix Wright?

There's a reason that 3 out of our 4 unique DLC characters for Sm4sh were third parties.
Damn it you made me think he was mentioned by an insider.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, as much as I would love to rant further about how dumb e is, we should get back on topic.
I’d just be interested to see Banjo in HD with a more detailed art style honestly
His classic look is something I have a hard time seeing in HD. I mean, Nuts and Bolts, and even the newer DK games(looking at enemy design) have a more geometric look with characters having beadier eyes and smaller pupils.

Banjo_and_Kazooie_render.png

Banjo, in the way people give a **** about him, is very 90's. Nothing wrong with that, but I am curious in how they'll model him. But hey, we got Mega Man Volnutt, Barbarian Simon, and OG Spyro in HD, so I guess nothing's impossible.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
All of you hate this and prefer the other list? why?
It has banjo in it. I’m just saying why?
I like both but like...Phoenix Wright is my tied most-wanted with Travis Touchdown and as much as I like your list I'd shift heaven and Earth for Phoenix.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
You know it really kinda sucks that I've gotten everyone I wanted for Smash. There's really nothing else to look forward to for me.
The only character I want is Joker from P5 and that's incredibly unrealistic.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
His classic look is something I have a hard time seeing in HD. I mean, Nuts and Bolts, and even the newer DK games(looking at enemy design) have a more geometric look with characters having beadier eyes and smaller pupils.

View attachment 180436

Banjo, in the way people give a **** about him, is very 90's. Nothing wrong with that, but I am curious in how they'll model him. But hey, we got Mega Man Volnutt, Barbarian Simon, and OG Spyro in HD, so I guess nothing's impossible.
It's just a fan render, but I imagine it'd be something like this?

DmDQPQcVsAM1_8a.jpg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That said, for aesthetics, I generally prefer bulkier characters. I'm sure people here know I'm a Mega Man and Metroid fan. I really like the artwork for Mega Man 7, and Samus' Prime suit is my favorite variation of her design. Hell, that's why I'm not a fan of most Adult Links that aren't OoT and TP. He looks less heroic to me if doesn't have muscle.

Outside of games, John Romita's Spider-Man(and any artists more influenced by him), I feel is the best aesthetic for the character. Though I still do like Ditko(who made Peter Parker pretty huge early on in ASM) and Bagley(who draws Adult Spider-Man around the same size as Iron Fist and Nova).

D

Deleted member

I think it's absolutely absurd that Rayman and the Rabbids aren't on this.
They’re both spirits (well the mario+rabbids rabbids are, not a general rabbid). The image is working under the idea that spirits deconfirm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Why are people expecting shill reps like a Three Houses rep or a Pokemon rep or Adeleine (who's popularity skyrocketed this year), when DLC was clearly chosen around mid 2017 (before XC2 came out)? The reason we got Rex as a Mii costume and XC2 spirits and music was because XC2 launched too late to be considered. Why DOESN'T this apply to FETH reps, Gen 8 reps, and Adeleine (maybe Sylux and Poochy too)?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think it's absolutely absurd that Rayman and the Rabbids aren't on this.
Rayman and Kingdom Battle Rabbids have Spirits.

Normal Poochy doesn't have a Spirit but since Yarn Poochy still says "Poochy" it kinda makes it seem like we can just rename other characters' Spirits if we're not ignoring that one imo.

D

Deleted member

Someone on 4chan made this image. What do you guys think?

View attachment 180437
Crash Bandicoot is getting a new game in 2019, so the picture is wrong.
Crash would be a Third Party with good relations and a promotional pick.

That 2019 game could be a racing one, but still enough for a promotional pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Koei Tecmo co-owns Fatal Frame.
Kpei Tecmo is in good standing with Nintendo.
Where's ryu hayabusa?
Oh yeah, they did forget Ryu. He seems pretty darn likely to me.

I'd also wager Axel from Streets of Rage has a chance since Streets of Rage 4 is coming soon. Though we don't know what platforms that's on.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

View attachment 180436

Diddy, Cranky, K.Rool, and other Rare designed Donkey Kong characters have evolved over the years, but still have managed to remain faithful to how they were back then.

Some touch ups would have to be made, but I think updating Banjo’s design in a faithful way is entirely possible.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Geez, I see people arguing about the letter 'e' and I had to check to make sure it wasn't 'that' meme that started it.
Someone on 4chan made this image. What do you guys think?

View attachment 180437
Somewhat misleading, but nevertheless interesting for the non-misleading bits.

That said, I'm all over Monster Hunter. For the character and for the music. After how much love Castlevania, Street fighter and Megaman got, I totally want Monster Hunter even for just the music.
Ray 01? I don't see him happening. No matter how much I want him. At least we have the Ray MKIII Mii costume.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Why are people expecting shill reps like a Three Houses rep or a Pokemon rep or Adeleine (who's popularity skyrocketed this year), when DLC was clearly chosen around mid 2017 (before XC2 came out)? The reason we got Rex as a Mii costume and XC2 spirits and music was because XC2 launched too late to be considered. Why DOESN'T this apply to FETH reps, Gen 8 reps, and Adeleine (maybe Sylux and Poochy too)?
I thought DLC was chosen back during the planning stages (Late 2015~Early 2016)? Have we been given a direct cutoff date?

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I assume that it is because the DLC was just made and some of those characters have upcoming games instead of recently released games.

D

Deleted member

What interactions does Activision have with Nintendo?
Besides the "their popular IPs are on the Switch" argument.
-The DK and Mario stuff in Skylanders.
-The upcoming Diablo amiibo.
-The Switch bundle themed about Diablo (not even Ubisoft has something like that).
-Nintendo calling Crash at the reveal of N Sane’s Switch a gaming icon.
-Diablo 3’s marketing for Switch as a whole.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
I thought DLC was chosen back during the planning stages (Late 2015~Early 2016)? Have we been given a direct cutoff date?
No, I'm just giving an assumption based off the fact that XC2 had launched too late too be considered. If there is a more reasonable date, then I'll edit my comment.
I assume that it is because the DLC was just made and some of those characters have upcoming games instead of recently released games.
But there isn't a reason to assume the DLC was literally decided this month other than Sakurai's tweet saying "now", which in its context can mean "already", as in "The DLC has already been finalized.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom