• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So yeah, Crash would be a third party with good relations and a promotional pick... Not just the first.

Besides that, the picture is accurate.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Someone on 4chan made this image. What do you guys think?

View attachment 180437
how do we know that style savvy was cut content? as far as i know there is still on the game... and the "missing" character on the datamined list could been PP or.. anyone :S

Also where the hell is rythm heaven?

DxM rep seemsa little iffy...

And finally what about Dark Souls? does it counts as a namco rep since Namco publish it outside of japan? even if is from software the ones than publish it on japan (certainly dark souls rep seems more likely than DxM rep.

D

Deleted member

how do we know that style savvy was cut content? as far as i know there is still on the game... and the "missing" character on the datamined list could been PP or.. anyone :S

And finally what about Dark Souls? does it counts as a namco rep since Namco publish it outside of japan? even if is from software the ones than publish it on japan (certainly dark souls rep seems more likely than DxM rep.
Add to all of that the fact that Crash would also be a promotional pick related to the upcoming 2019 game of the character.

Isnt Koei Tecmo behind Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors?
Yes they are.
I would be fine with their stuff in Smash, but i don’t know why we haven’t got anything yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Why are people expecting shill reps like a Three Houses rep or a Pokemon rep or Adeleine (who's popularity skyrocketed this year), when DLC was clearly chosen around mid 2017 (before XC2 came out)? The reason we got Rex as a Mii costume and XC2 spirits and music was because XC2 launched too late to be considered. Why DOESN'T this apply to FETH reps, Gen 8 reps, and Adeleine (maybe Sylux and Poochy too)?
Probably for the same reason that DLC for Smash 4 was likely decided well into development, but we still got Corrin to promote an upcoming FE game at the time. Another Pokemon to tie in with the Gen 8 release next year isnt off the table either (could even close out the DLC releases as a Late October, early November DLC drop). Not saying I'd want that, really, but we can't say its impossible. DLC is till relatively new to Nintendo and I'd like to once again point to the Piranha Plant as proof that we've got no Earthly clue as to what they're planning or how to predict it. They could turn around and say 'Surprise! We worked it out, Rex is playable now!'

EDIT: Sorry for editing my post for those that liked what I said within a few seconds of me posting it lol. I tend to post, read what I say, then fix or add as needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
also... what about the rare cut content? Unless im wrong, i think that there was a string in teh code credited them.. but wasn't posible to be credits from some DKC content like a song? or was it related with teh jetforce gemini japanese name mistake? how do we really know that there was cut content from rre? honestly i don't know.

Same for Monster hunter. is true that the MH tracks are listed as player series tracks... but i don't think that necesarilly points toward cut content (could be planned content... although whatever, monster hunter rep chances still are good)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Diddy, Cranky, K.Rool, and other Rare designed Donkey Kong characters have evolved over the years, but still have managed to remain faithful to how they were back then.

Some touch ups would have to be made, but I think updating Banjo’s design in a faithful way is entirely possible.
Oh I'm sure, I'm curious as to how the results will turn out.

Isnt Koei Tecmo behind Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors?
Yeah. Which means we may be one more step closer to Izuna dropping small children, princesses, robots, aliens and turtles, breaking their necks instantly.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
also... what about the rare cut content? Unless im wrong, i think that there was a string in teh code credited them.. but wasn't posible to be credits from some DKC content like a song? or was it related with teh jetforce gemini japanese name mistake? how do we really know that there was cut content from rre? honestly i don't know.

Same for Monster hunter. is true that the MH tracks are listed as player series tracks... but i don't think that necesarilly points toward cut content (could be planned content... although whatever, monster hunter rep chances still are good)
Strings were found for Jet Force Gemini and Battle Corps, or "Star Twins" and "Blast Dozer" in Japan. Both titles are owned by Rare.

As for Monster Hunter, weren't they just listed with the rest of the 3rd-party franchises...?

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Style Savvy and Monster Hunter do not have cut content, I don't know where people are getting this idea.
The only cut content is arguably Rare related spirits, the company data is there but the spirits aren't.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Probably for the same reason that DLC for Smash 4 was likely decided well into development, but we still got Corrin to promote an upcoming FE game at the time. Another Pokemon to tie in with the Gen 8 release next year isnt off the table either (could even close out the DLC releases as a Late October, early November DLC drop). Not saying I'd want that, really, but we can't say its impossible. DLC is till relatively new to Nintendo and I'd like to once again point to the Piranha Plant as proof that we've got no Earthly clue as to what they're planning or how to predict it. They could turn around and say 'Surprise! We worked it out, Rex is playable now!'

EDIT: Sorry for editing my post for those that liked what I said within a few seconds of me posting it lol. I tend to post, read what I say, then fix or add as needed.
And why would you turn around on something already decided years ago? Also, fine I'll accept that FE and Gen 8 rep has a chance? What about characters like Poochy, Sylux, and Adeleine?

D

Deleted member

Nintendo called me.
The company orders this thread to refer to Style Savvy as Style Boutique unless we want to get plugged off like AM2R.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Didnt there was a loophole, in teh sense that Nintendo owns those series japanese names?
I don't think they own the IPs; I know someone mentioned that Nintendo may own Star Twins, but Rare still owned Blast Dozer or something. Still, it'd make no sense for only Nintendo of Japan to own them when Rare made the games.

Rare is also mentioned, though tbh that could be credits for the original composer's company I guess. Was it the same way in Brawl? I don't know.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
And why would you turn around on something already decided years ago? Also, fine I'll accept that FE and Gen 8 rep has a chance? What about characters like Poochy, Sylux, and Adeleine?
Yoshi´s Craft game and Metroid Prime 4.

I dont recall there being any new Kirby on the works (there is a port?) but let me tell you that the Kirby DLC for the lastest game has been great.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace

Yeah, Dark Souls is another one that's missing. It's not a perfect chart. I hope someone here can fix it.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Why are people expecting shill reps like a Three Houses rep or a Pokemon rep or Adeleine (who's popularity skyrocketed this year), when DLC was clearly chosen around mid 2017 (before XC2 came out)? The reason we got Rex as a Mii costume and XC2 spirits and music was because XC2 launched too late to be considered. Why DOESN'T this apply to FETH reps, Gen 8 reps, and Adeleine (maybe Sylux and Poochy too)?
I thought DLC was chosen back during the planning stages (Late 2015~Early 2016)? Have we been given a direct cutoff date?
Rex was too late for the base game; we have Sakurai's tweet from a couple weeks ago saying that the DLC had just then been completely decided.

It's not unfeasible to think that, even if it was for DLC, that they'd prefer to promote games releasing during the time period DLC would be rolling out rather than games that are a year older than Smash.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
What is Your reaction to these being dlc fighters after the datamine?
View attachment 180422
Banjo is cool, and it'd be nice to get another Villain (and another Earthbound rep). Better than almost all of the characters being thrown around by these kids on here tbh. Most of their rosters make me wanna throw up. No offense guys, I'm just old and don't like your weaboo trash games ;) Just teasing! But seriously I'd be fine with it. No idea who the robot guy is, and I'm guessing the over bred dog is a Yoshi character? Girl on the left is from Kirby right?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Crash Bandicoot is getting a new game in 2019, so the picture is wrong.
Crash would be a Third Party with good relations and a promotional pick.

That 2019 game could be a racing one, but still enough for a promotional pick.
You got a source on that? As a hardcore Crash fan, I'm interested in knowing this information

D

Deleted member

Banjo is cool, and it'd be nice to get another Villain (and another Earthbound rep). Better than almost all of the characters being thrown around by these kids on here tbh. Most of their rosters make me wanna throw up. No offense guys, I'm just old and don't like your weaboo trash games ;) Just teasing! But seriously I'd be fine with it. No idea who the robot guy is, and I'm guessing the over bred dog is a Yoshi character? Girl on the left is from Kirby right?
Robot is a metroid character, dog is a yoshi character, girl is a Kirby character

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Rex was too late for the base game; we have Sakurai's tweet from a couple weeks ago saying that the DLC had just then been completely decided.

It's not unfeasible to think that, even if it was for DLC, that they'd prefer to promote games releasing during the time period DLC would be rolling out rather than games that are a year older than Smash.
1. Why would they explicitly mention Rex being too late for the base game in the DLC portion of the Direct (and then include XC2 spirits and music too)?
2. I already mentioned that. You're interpreting "now" in that context as if it were supposed to be read as "literally now", when it could be read as "already", as in "The DLC has already been finalized." When? Years ago, before XC2 launched of course.

Last edited:

SneakDuckens

Smash Cadet
NNID
heiny13
DLC Predictions:

1. Waluigi - I think that nintendo took notice of the fan disappointment towards him continuing as an assist trophy. Twitter was on fire for a few days with the Waluigi memes. Before you say "well he's an assist trophy, so he won't be a character," get out of here. Just because it hasn't happened in the same game before doesn't mean that it can't happen in this one.

2. Brand new pokemon from the upcoming 2019 game - I think that this is inevitable. Remember, this is Nintendo making the calls, not Sakurai. No way they pass up the opportunity to market one of its flagship franchises.

3. Pyra - Just a gut feeling. Something strikes me weird about having a Rex Mii costume as a bonus for getting the fighter pass.

4. Sylux - It just seems right with the new Metroid game coming out that Nintendo would want a Smash DLC to coincide. Sylux is probably going to be a big part of Prime: 4, so that is why I went with him.

5. Banjo Kazooie - I don't believe that Nintendo is going to add any more 3rd party characters, so this guess is against my better judgement. However, given the recent camaraderie between Nintendo and Microsoft, along with Phil Spencer's tweet, I could see Banjo as the exception. He would fit right in.

D

Deleted member

You got a source on that? As a hardcore Crash fan, I'm interested in knowing this information
The existance of the 2019 game was leaked alongside the Switch port at the start of the year... And that’s about it.

Vicarious Visions also confirmed that a small twitter animation from the official Crash account (made to promote the soccer world cup) was used as a test for future projects.

That being said, the most likely scenario is that it will be a racing game (either a Crash Team Racing remake, or a completely new one).

Overall: The existance of it was leaked, but that’s about it.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I heard some Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps stuff got cut, or was that fake?
It was never determined what's going on with Jet Force Gemini or Blast Corps, but the names were found referenced like this:

Dsws80rWoAAlYJ-.jpg

There's no indication they were in at one point and cut, or simply referenced. It never references Rare by name, but the names are very clearly found, so in the very least, it's odd. I'm almost certain multiple people have mined the same thing, so it's not shopped.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Yeah, Dark Souls is another one that's missing. It's not a perfect chart. I hope someone here can fix it.
still, I'm curious now.. if Nintendo wanted Dark souls content on smash, they would need to also speak with Bandai Namco, or only From Software? (again, From Software publish the games on japan)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I heard some Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps stuff got cut, or was that fake?
IIRC there are mentions of the spirits in the files, but they aren't there.
Were any other spirits mentioned but not present?
Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps are listed among the internal list of represented franchises. Many have assumed this means they're cut spirits, but the data doesn't actually say this. Only that those two titles are listed among the rest of the franchises with something in the game, but they don't have anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom