• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
DLC Predictions:

1. Waluigi - I think that nintendo took notice of the fan disappointment towards him continuing as an assist trophy. Twitter was on fire for a few days with the Waluigi memes. Before you say "well he's an assist trophy, so he won't be a character," get out of here. Just because it hasn't happened in the same game before doesn't mean that it can't happen in this one.
It still won't happen man. Once you're an AT, it's automatically deconfirmed to have any chance of becoming playable. Clostest we are going to have to Waluigi being playable is him fighting alongside us when he's summon

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I find it pretty suspicious that Xenoblade Chronicles X and ARMS have absolutely no music. Especially ARMS.
K I D C O B R A
I
D
C
O
B
R
A

What? I didn't recall this before, did dataminers just discover those files after Roy And Ryu were released that refers to cloud, bayo, and corrin?
I thought that other DLC characters like Cloud and Bayo were named Mario until they were released, where as Roy and Ryu kept their names, thus when people ****ed with the files, they found them out.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Isn't Pyra Rex's sword? How the hell do they fight without him?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This thread Seriously needs to slow down. Questions always gets burryed
:ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic::ultsonic:

Apparently the generic boss theme is in. As in, the one you hear when fighting Whispy. Not the ******** remix we heard in the latest Wave 3 trailer though

God I want Star Allies Wave 3 now
I still need to get star allies tbh
the free updates always make me excited lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wait, it didn't even get one?

That's disappointing. :(
Disappointing would be an understatement given all the amazing tracks from the Advance Wars series. You'd think Sakurai and the music team would jump at the chance to cover one of those tracks.
Well, never say never. If Advance Wars does happen, I might pop-off because I know YOU'LL be hype.
Haha thanks dude. I appreciate the sentiment.

Although i'm not going in with much expectations.

D

Deleted member

lol Gen 2 already has Pichu, it's not going to happen XD
Pichu can ****ing choke amd die in a ditch, I want a real Gen 2 Pokemon, I'm tired of it always getting shafted.
Yeah for Pokemon Music, Gen 2 and Gen 5 get robbed. Literally 2 of my 3 favorite generations. At least Hoenn's got some stuff.

But no Vs Red?
No Johto Gym Leader?
No vs N theme?
No Unova Elite 4?
No Unova Champion?
No vs Hugh?

Those are some real heat.
I love the Gen 5 remixes(Route 10 is my jam) but there's only 4 and none of them are tracks I'd have picked. Just, like, port Decisive Battle! Vs. N, Vs. Colress and Vs. Plasma and bam, I'm satisfied. Cherry on top would be this song, it unfortunately doesn't get too much attention due to the place it plays on but goddamnit this should have been on N's Castle Medley.

As for Johto, it just has... one... one ****ing song.
Every boss theme in that game is ****ing fantastic: Vs. Silver, Vs. Lance, Vs. Team Rocket, Vs. Gym Leader.
And it has all the superior versions of the Kanto themes too. Why do my favorite gens always get shafted so much?
Yeah but even then, it's probably not a good option for getting rid of projectiles. I wouldn't rely on it heavily if someone has a fully charged projectile or is spamming, because there is a high chance you'll get punished for it
It's certainly better than shielding as it won't deplete a resource though.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Wow I missed P5 discussion AND the lack of Gen 2/5 soundtracks from Pokemon is disturbing

Pichu can ****ing choke amd die in a ditch, I want a real Gen 2 Pokemon, I'm tired of it always getting shafted.
Then I'll play Pichu for you to choke on

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, what was the most fun time playing online for you guys?

I think for me, it was when Ryu dropped. Dude I was playing a ton of matches with him and Mega Man. And I won most of my games too. Some of the team battles I got into were I was Ryu, my partner was Mega Man, we truly were those CAPCOM BOYZ.

I'm looking forward to getting back at it with Mega Man again. Now matter how high or low he's listed at, that my *****, Ride or Die. Can't wait.

I'm also gonna do a ton of team matches since 2v2 is one of my favorite ways to play.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’d love some earthbound remixes of regular battle themes. Especially stuff from Mother 3 like “Serious”.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
This thread Seriously needs to slow down. Questions always gets burryed
Not to mention that the rapid-fire pace of the comments results in those of us tracking this topic having our inboxes flooded. As soon as I've clicked on the thread to see the latest message, my alerts box indicates that there's another one! I'd like to have time to do other things, please!!

D

Deleted member

I would love a remix of the Dark Trooper Battle Theme from Metroid Prime 2, alongside High Stakes In Mute City and Factory Inspection (Kirby 64).

Eru13

Smash Apprentice

I love the Gen 5 remixes(Route 10 is my jam) but there's only 4 and none of them are tracks I'd have picked. Just, like, port Decisive Battle! Vs. N, Vs. Colress and Vs. Plasma and bam, I'm satisfied. Cherry on top would be this song, it unfortunately doesn't get too much attention due to the place it plays on but goddamnit this should have been on N's Castle Medley.

As for Johto, it just has... one... one ****ing song.
Every boss theme in that game is ****ing fantastic: Vs. Silver, Vs. Lance, Vs. Team Rocket, Vs. Gym Leader.
And it has all the superior versions of the Kanto themes too. Why do my favorite gens always get shafted so much?

It's certainly better than shielding as it won't deplete a resource though.
At least gen 2 has a rep...
Gen 3 and 5 are two of the gens with most pokemon in them and they'll probably never get a smash fighter

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You both are mistaken.
B A R Q A N D B Y T E ?
A
R
Q
A
N
D
B
Y
T
E
?

I can respect that honestly.

At least gen 2 has a rep...
Gen 3 and 5 are two of the gens with most pokemon in them and they'll probably never get a smash fighter
But gen 2 only has one song and its a medley. And its single character is a joke character. I don't care about Pokemon characters at this point, but there's plenty of great tracks that could be added to the series.

I would love a remix of the Dark Trooper Battle Theme from Metroid Prime 2, alongside High Stakes In Mute City and Factory Inspection (Kirby 64).
Did the Space Pirate theme from Prime 1 ever get added to Smash? I can't remember, but that song is cool. And it's real intense, perfect for a fight.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So the day 1 patch is indeed confirmed...

Now to see if it adds "New Modes" like Reddit Boi said.
Sakurai said that only physical copies need the patch. Has anyone datamined the eShop version to see if any new modes are enabled?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
There's only two logical choices for a proper non-Echo Gen 2 rep

Heracross and Tyranitar

Come at me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom