• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Smash fandom: Fire Emblem characters are all the same ****
Also Smash fandom: Wants every Pokemon rep to be fully evolved, humanoid, and bad-ass

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
It's always puzzling when people complain about Pokemon content in Smash. There're some great series that haven't even been represented or got a chance, yet they keep complaining about the most represented series in Smash.. 212 POKEMONS!!! What else could you wish for!? Some dream of a single character and some are not satisfied even after that stupendous representation!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Smash fandom: Fire Emblem characters are all the same ****
Also Smash fandom: Wants every Pokemon rep to be fully evolved, humanoid, and bad-***
>pokemon
>humanoid

Boi, I think that rest of pokemon that is not humanoid and have potential moveset for smash may want to talk to you about that

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Saw some conversation of PSASBR. Based on the design choices, like that special attacks were the only way to get kills, it really didn’t stand a chance in being that game that would finally rival Super Smash Bros.. Frankly, I don’t think there will be one like Smash that, well, isn’t Smash.

The reason Smash exists as it does today is because Nintendo has, frankly, the best 1st party lineup on any gaming company. Because Sony and Microsoft have always relied on 3rd party games, it makes the creation of a Smash like game that much harder. While Nintendo owns practically 90% of the roster, there are just under 10 characters they don’t own, and at the very least they are high tier picks.

Add the fact that Smash started small and has grown over time. Sure we’re at almost 80 now, but when you have basically a rookie dev team that doesn’t have the clout to get characters like Snake or Cloud, and you compare that with a guy and his team that pay attention to the most excruciating details and do it well...it’s not hard to see why certain characters get to be in Smash but not Sony’s first try.

Like, the fact that a roster of almost 80 is still having attention paid to balance is just nuts. PSASBR has what...roughly 20, and it was a disaster?

PSASBR has potential, but it’s a huge challenge to overtake Smash at this point.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Okay, a while ago someone said the Paper Mario render in Smash Ultimate is new. I can unfortunately confirm its not
Webp.net-gifmaker.gif

It's a modified version of a color splash render. Sorry, dudes.

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
>pokemon
>humanoid

Boi, I think that rest of pokemon that is not humanoid and have potential moveset for smash may want to talk to you about that
Besides, we have like, 3 humanoid pokemon in smash? 4 if you really want to count Greninja as one I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom