• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

-Cross from Xenoblade X
-Tibby from Rhythm Heaven Megamix
-Sylux from Metroid Prime Hunters
-Adeline from Kirby
-Porky from Earthbound
Of those, I'd be interested in Porky and Cross for the music. That's it. I'd have to buy everyone for matchup knowledge, but I'd only want 1.5 of those.

So glad that none of this matters.

Darkbeard

Smash Apprentice
Any sight of a Ray spirit (Custom Robo)? I know there's at least one other CR spirit but I haven't yet seen Ray specifically. I know he's got a Mii outfit and his DLC chances are all but nonexistent, but if he doesn't have a spirit, that's interesting.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Of those, I'd be interested in Porky and Cross for the music. That's it. I'd have to buy everyone for matchup knowledge, but I'd only want 1.5 of those.

So glad that none of this matters.
I'm honestly leaning towards Spirits deconfirming due to the absense of a Piranha Plant spirit.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
In English this:
is the same VA as

It's SUPER distracting when you find out.
Wow, never even knew at all that Asahina had a red band on her knee despite going though danganronpa (Might be because I read more fanfics of it but ehh).

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd say people should do the opposite and play him as much as possible while he's here, it might hurt if he's cut in the future, but that's only more of a reason to make the most of him while he's here.
This is my mentality as a Cloud main. I assumed he would be cut already before Everyone Is Here, so I’ll be glad to enjoy him with this already amazing roster.

Square is the devil.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wow, never even knew at all that Asahina had a red band on her knee despite going though danganronpa (Might be because I read more fanfics of it but ehh).
Probably because you never see her knee in game, at least not when she's fully clothed.
----
On another topic...
This is actually the DKC song I was looking forward to the most.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not sure how we can have "well this character's very likely because he'd be a promo pick" and then the other character seen as likely is Porky
Pick one
I’m not picking

Sylux is the last major Metroid character left and is involved of Metroid prime 4 (all depends how big the market is and how big a role he has.) and not to mention trace and kanden have spirits but yet sylux doesn’t whynwould that be besides the possibility of no fitting character and colors for him.

Porky has smash history was a boss in brawl, big to mother franchise and every single boss from brawl has a spirit even tabuu so why is porky excluded?

I’m not saying they are confirmed and no stopping it I’m saying it’s suspicious and worth leaving on radar that those characters in particular don’t have spirts

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Not sure I'm believing in Nintendo to appeal to the fans this DLC cycle.

Guess we had our fun in the base roster.
But what does "appeal to the fans" mean

like what fans are we talking about

Unless all the characters are, I don't know, people from Daemon X Machina, I don't see how they could pick characters that absolutely no one is happy with.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Putt-Putt will quite obviously be the first character to become DLC, he's such an obvious choice. /s
You joke but I'd main Putt-Putt. Bonus if he comes with Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam, or Spy Fox.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Y'know since I just played Red Dead Redemption 2 for a good solid of hours, I think Arthur Morgan as a (Unlikely) Smash character would be an interesting fighter. With the horse mount used as a mechanic to store your weapons in that pouch and ride on, dead eye, familiarity mechanic within the weapons (Might be bad idea), and maybe have the ability to run faster the more you ran in one direction (Kind of like the run button from RDR).

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Thank you :)
Lul. Math and Tit OMG

Hi.. welcome back O/
So in short, the bare minimum. I don't appreciate dealing with such.. uugh.
Those were excellent 5 point summary. All goes for Geno except #5. The thing is, what's that character tha's goo... ohhh! wait, I get it now. I get why the first rep is a Square one.
You see, Nintendo had to start with the worst DLC deal. The deal with only TWO music pieces. They can't keep that for later, otherwise people will complain and might not purchase that DLC. But keeping it first, the other 4 will look like a bargain in comparsion. Those sneaky companies.
So.. (!! Why am I getting so many alerts!?).. anyway, what matches that perfectly is another stingy act. Dragon Quest :D Since there're not that many good piece, only 2 will do, plus it's recent.
Ohh, let's end this and know who that Square rep is :/ Come on leakers, dataminers.. do some magic.
I’m actually surprised that dataminers haven’t found playable DLC characters slots yet! How long did it take to finding out about Ryu and Roy?!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I’m not picking

Sylux is the last major Metroid character left and is involved of Metroid prime 4 (all depends how big the market is and how big a role he has.) and not to mention trace and kanden have spirits but yet sylux doesn’t whynwould that be besides the possibility of no fitting character and colors for him.

Porky has smash history was a boss in brawl, big to mother franchise and every single boss from brawl has a spirit even tabuu so why is porky excluded?

I’m not saying they are confirmed and no stopping it I’m saying it’s suspicious and worth leaving on radar that those characters in particular don’t have spirts
Big to the Mother franchise which has been dormant since Mother 3 which was released 12 YEARS AGO, also doesn't Porky have the Absolutely Safe Capsule Spirit? BTW if we're going off the "was a boss in Brawl" logic wheres my man Duon at?

I can accept Sylux being likely but not Porky with the logic here. Because Porky isn't even a big fan request. It wouldn't be a manner of them listening to the fans alongside promo picks it'd just be promo picks and Porky for whatever reason

Y'know since I just played Red Dead Redemption 2 for a good solid of hours, I think Arthur Morgan as a (Unlikely) Smash character would be an interesting fighter. With the horse mount used as a mechanic to store your weapons in that pouch and ride on, dead eye, familiarity mechanic within the weapons (Might be bad idea), and maybe have the ability to run faster the more you ran in one direction (Kind of like the run button from RDR).
There you are Kingslime can you get me that icon you drew for me
May need to bust it out soon

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
>danganronpa fanfic
Oh no.
If Cross got in over Elma... Oh boy I can’t even imagine what the bloodbath would be like...
I'd be cool with Cross only if he used the Galactic Knight class.
That guy's got a lightsaber and laser-drones so he's cool.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Relax I'm not leaving lol. I'm just taking a break from general discussion until the game is out. Might hang out in the soical thread or something.
I feel the same way..just this month I've been having...
- my car break down, costing $520
- my licence plate stolen
- health concerns
- possible cancer or tumor concerns
- phone number stolen
- best friend so enthralled by fiancé that he barely talks to me
- money troubles
- and stress due to it all.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate can't come fast enough..
Damn bro hope things turn out okay... Just know in 2 weeks you'll get to take your mind off things and play some smash!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
But what does "appeal to the fans" mean

like what fans are we talking about

Unless all the characters are, I don't know, people from Daemon X Machina, I don't see how they could pick characters that absolutely no one is happy with.
Appeal to the core fans who got Ridley and K. Rool in.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
The two music deal is not true with Monster Hunter World. Besides the Chocobo Theme and Torn from the Heavens, Behemoth also came with Thunderer as the first music used when you fight it for the first time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyfTDbc57E0
https://youtu.be/Nbr4woGgRX8?t=56
So no, it's not always two music tracks only.

By the way, Cactuar is also in Monster Hunter World, as a environmental creature that you can hit to activate it's 1000 Needles attack.
I stand corrected, still though thats only 3 pieces of music. Only one more, that still is not a lot. If we look at how many songs from Castlevania and Street Fighter are in Smash Ultimate. Its clear those two companies are way more generous. Also if you look the small FF15 appearance in Assassins Creed Origins, there is no Final Fantasy music. Yet if you look at the Assasins Creed Festival in FF15 there is music from Assassins Creed. This shows again Square is very picky with allowing their music to be in games that aren't theirs. I would not be surprised if the next Square DLC only has 2-3 songs. I did not see Cactur so thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Assassins Creed Festival

Ardyn and Bahamut appearance in Assassins Creed Origins

As we can see Ubisoft gave music to Square, but Square gave none to Ubisoft.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Not sure how we can have "well this character's very likely because he'd be a promo pick" and then the other character seen as likely is Porky
Pick one
Mother 30 anniversary is next year.
Isabelle announcement came with a new animal crossing for the switch.
A "Earthbound trilogy" for switch could happen, you never know with these things...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Mother 30 anniversary is next year.
Isabelle announcement came with a new animal crossing for the switch.
A "Earthbound trilogy" for switch could happen, you never know with these things...
And until we get confirmation of this I'm not going to dabble in simple hypotheticals which may not be true.
The "well it's having an anniversary" thing is busted out for almost every character at this point never leads anywhere.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Big to the Mother franchise which has been dormant since Mother 3 which was released 12 YEARS AGO, also doesn't Porky have the Absolutely Safe Capsule Spirit? BTW if we're going off the "was a boss in Brawl" logic wheres my man Duon at?

I can accept Sylux being likely but not Porky with the logic here. Because Porky isn't even a big fan request. It wouldn't be a manner of them listening to the fans alongside promo picks it'd just be promo picks and Porky for whatever reason

There you are Kingslime can you get me that icon you drew for me
May need to bust it out soon
Sure!

Luigi the President.jpg

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I think the thing a lot of people are forgetting about DLC is that... well it’s DLC.

Nintendo has to be able to SELL these to the general audience, NOT just the Smash fandom.

A character that has mass appeal or has an important role in an upcoming game is plausible.

A character who’s only speculated because they don’t have a spirit, doesn’t bode well for DLC at all.

Just keep that in mind.

Zeox

Smash Champion
And until we get confirmation of this I'm not going to dabble in simple hypotheticals which may not be true.
The "well it's having an anniversary" thing is busted out for almost every character at this point never leads anywhere.
I'm not saying is happening, I'm saying that Porky could also be a "promo pick" like the rest.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
My ex fiance was a huge fan of the mother series and I never got it. The third one was good, but earthbound and mother 1 are borderline unplayable for me. Is the fan base only going so strong due to the lack of games?

LetterO

Smash Lord
-If Mother 3 does finally get localized, there's your promo pick
-The Absolutely Safe Capsule spirit is for the Absolutely Safe Capsule and not Porky. Just like how Kaptain K. Rool is for Kaptain K. Rool, not King K. Rool, and how Tree is for Tree, not Wii Fit Trainer.
-The fact that Porky was a boss in Brawl and has a stage themed after him yet doesn't show up at all in Ultimate, not even as a .jpeg with an event battle is pretty big.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I think the thing a lot of people are forgetting about DLC is that... well it’s DLC.

Nintendo has to be able to SELL these to the general audience, NOT just the Smash fandom.

A character that has mass appeal or has an important role in an upcoming game is plausible.

A character who’s only speculated because they don’t have a spirit, doesn’t bode well for DLC at all.

Just keep that in mind.
Only the Smash fandom would care about a veteran like Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom