• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
His animations are too limited to use while remaining faithful to the character.
Sakurai likes to add third parties and represent them the best he possibly can, look at Simon and Megaman for example.
Simon does a TON of **** that Simon could never do.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
>King Boo

Look, one generic Mario mook is enough. King Boo is literally just a Boo with a crown. Another promotional rep like Euden or even Sylux makes more sense.
Hey man, no need to diss King Boo like that. I'd argue he's easily one of the most major Nintendo villains not on the roster yet.

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
Guys can we please stop saying Verge has NEVER been wrong? I can think of 3 times he was.

1.In march, he says the game's third parties are Sonic Bayonetta Snake Cloud-Noctis, Tails, Phoenix Wright. Yeah I don't think I have to explain the problem with this.

2.https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...mate_newcomer_in_the_smash/e3zrfj0/?context=3 He says Isabelle may be an echo.

3.He says Hitagi is legit. Hitagi themself says they are not.
Yes he has multiple sources, but geez he can't just discard anything with OH WRONG SOURCE. He's a mixed bag. I don't trust this.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
What happened? What I miss?
The Xenother guy who claimed Steve was in and Geno/Banjo/BWD weren't getting in has had contact with Vergeben. People are now taking this as proof he's legit, even though he claims he knows that Chun-Li was cut, and WHY she was cut, which is impossible for a multitude of reasons.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m gonna side with vaanrose vaanrose here and just agree that anyone saying that Chun-Li of all characters was “tough to create a moveset for” is just...not believable.

It’s not so much that they are saying they couldn’t come up with a moveset, but mainly that:

1) he’s speaking directly on the thought process of the development team
2) Saying they went with Ken because he was easier, yet he uses his entire moveset from the Street Fighter series...something Ryu also does...why wouldn’t Chun-Li do the exact same?

None of that makes any logical sense. This dude can go in the trash. Historically, any leaker that has had accurate information has basically just said, “This character is in the game” and that’s it. There’s no fantastical story to go with it, there’s no “this is why this character was cut”, none of it.

For now, until something that xenother specifically comments on comes true, I would ignore them.

Hitagi is just...on thin ice for me anyway. The only person I will actually listen to is Verg, and notice that he himself has said jack **** about Steve himself. To me, that shows he may not be nearly as confident in it as the other two. The other two have basically gained credibility only by being related to the actually credible person.

Meh. I just want answers tbh.

Then again, i’ll have this game in 2 weeks and am happily surprised with the music I found out about today. Pretty solid stuff.

Plus it helps that the Sabres are on a 8 game winning streak, so that’s adding onto it!

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Guys can we please stop saying Verge has NEVER been wrong? I can think of 3 times he was.

1.In march, he says the game's third parties are Sonic Bayonetta Snake Cloud-Noctis, Tails, Phoenix Wright. Yeah I don't think I have to explain the problem with this.

2.https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...mate_newcomer_in_the_smash/e3zrfj0/?context=3 He says Isabelle may be an echo.

3.He says Hitagi is legit. Hitagi themself says they are not.
Yes he has multiple sources, but geez he can't just discard anything with OH WRONG SOURCE. He's a mixed bag. I don't trust this.
1. Early, and rescinded.

2. "May be", but left it open. And it turns out she wasn't. Meanwhile he was dead certain Ken was an Echo, and that's what he ended up being.

3. He never said Hitagi was legit. Just that he'd talked to them in the past and that they seemed to share some sources.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
And you’ll be ******** and crying when you don’t get what you want. ;)
Yeah no. I don't really have a most wanted but if I had to choose anyone it would've been Waluigi and I still hardly batted an eye when he was shown as an assist trophy. Right now Steve is my #1 but as long as the DLC look fun to play and unique then I'm fine with him not getting in.

Actually scratch that, gangplank is probably my #1 but yeah he's got no chance so there's no point in worrying about him not.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I get it.

He's ugly looking, his animations are stiffer than Game and Watch, and his fanbase is abhorrent.

But I don't really care about any of that and welcome any character, so eh.
I would've been okay with Steve if he was base game but...

I really don't want to pay extra for him... This Steve/Verg/Gahara stuff is the reason I'm waiting to buy the season pass.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man, y'know what I hate?
Smash comics that use characters as a soapbox for the writer's words.
That type of **** pisses me off to no end.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I only got one thing to say:

See y'all on the 7th.

1538973572063.gif

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
You know I really like the new Brinstar Depths.
Brinstar Depths was always one of my favourite Melee songs, and now it has violins.

Sweet.
Yes! Been waiting for the full version of this too. Between this song and Divine Bloodlines, the violins have been top notch.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
King Boo could be one of the most unique characters in the roster only thanks to the fact he is a ghost lol.
He could turn invisible, fly, use psychic powers, multiply, create illusions, lick, etc.

And he is not just a Boo with a crown, he is the antagonist of Luigi's Mansion.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Not even.

Bandana Waddle Dee has good material for a moveset. Even Piranha Plant had decent material.

King Boo has possessed a Bowser husk once. And done other Boo stuff. That's it.
You must be having a laff at me TPC not to be rude at all but...dude

This fella can electrify the ground, open up portals, create traps, create Spirit Balls, shoot lasers from his crown, spit out bubbles and blue fire, summon spike balls

That definitely ain't it

Hell I made a trashy King Boo moveset a long time ago even. He's got a lot of potential, and is a pretty major villain overall for a series getting a new game.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
King Boo could be one of the most unique characters in the roster only thanks to the fact he is a ghost lol.
He could turn invisible, fly, use psychic powers, multiply, create illusions, lick, etc.

And he is not just a Boo with a crown, he is the antagonist of Luigi's Mansion.
I never played LM 2 but did he play the villain role there again?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Oh look!
People from Smashboards found a post about agumon in smash
MUST BE ME RIGHT?
**** OF GRAIZEN!

This proves there are some bad people in this boards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom