• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'd prefer Halo over Steve, but I'd still love Steve. His stage would be fantastic.

Abha

Smash Journeyman
Steve is gonna be the 1st or 2nd DLC character and I'm gonna hate every second of it but I'm still gonna buy him because I must support Sakurai.
I took Sakurai's warning upfront and am just gonna forego the fighter's pass, if there is someone I really want I can always just buy them while not buying the ones I don't want.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Guys, Don't bend your back so hard if you find some literally who with connection to Vergeben so much believable because he shown the pm with Verge.

Remember that this guy may be boy who cried the wolf or loz 2.0 since we know that Spawnwave was hinting at Sora reveal at VGA.
But, I don't believe him at all since how would he know that Chun Li was cut? or the fact that he claims that he knows people who seen steve?

ITS ALL ****ING BULL**** AT ALL, SO THIS GUY IS GOING TO GAIN SOME ATTENTION AS LOZ 2.0. Just don't take his word as gospel yet. Just wait and see if he's right on money or not.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If everyone could

King Boo
Steve
Pokemon Gen 8
Monster Hunter
Slime

There you go. A good mix of first party marketing characters and some third parties. Dee isn't the only good DLC choice, there are so many and we shouldn't be surprised if anyone doesn't make it in. There are only 5 slots.
>King Boo

Look, one generic Mario mook is enough. King Boo is literally just a Boo with a crown. Another promotional rep like Euden or even Sylux makes more sense.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Guys, Don't bend your back so hard if you find some literally who with connection to Vergeben so much believable because he shown the pm with Verge.

Remember that this guy may be boy who cried the wolf or loz 2.0 since we know that Spawnwave was hinting at Sora reveal at VGA.
But, I don't believe him at all since how would he know that Chun Li was cut? or the fact that he claims that he knows people who seen steve?

ITS ALL ****ING BULL**** AT ALL, SO THIS GUY IS GOING TO GAIN SOME ATTENTION AS LOZ 2.0. Just don't take his word as gospel yet. Just wait and see if he's right on money or not.
Spawnwave never claimed Sora would be at VGA

Untouch

Smash Master
Tbh never understood the Steve hate. (Well, not hate, but the fact that people don’t like him.)
His animations are too limited to use while remaining faithful to the character.
Sakurai likes to add third parties and represent them the best he possibly can, look at Simon and Megaman for example.
You can't really do that with Steve, he breaks Sakurai's rules.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Why does the Crash Man Stage music sound like Crash Bandicoot music to me?

A coincidence?
A pun?

A HINT!?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
His animations are too limited to use while remaining faithful to the character.
Sakurai likes to add third parties and represent them the best he possibly can, look at Simon and Megaman for example.
To be fair, despite my absolute disdain for Steve, we have no idea how Sakurai feels about Steve. It's entirely possible he pulls off what we believe is impossible and gets him to work while remaining faithful to his stiff and awkward movement.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
He has heavily hinted at it though, to the point where he might as well have said it.

His second November Direct still hasn't happened though, so I'm beginning to doubt him.
He isn't the only one saying that, leakypandy is too and most importantly gamingintel. If there isn't a direct next week than maybe the Fire Emblem heroes thing was the other direct, or maybe everyone got some false information.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
This is, very clearly, LoZ 2.0. The only reason you guys are even considering anything he has to say is because it's the worst case scenario.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Okay that's it Battlefield Wily Castle is gonna one of my top stage picks now, my heart is exploding from all this Mega Man music love.

When I heard X vs. Zero made the cut finally I must have been celebrating for a good minute or two.

D

Deleted member

>King Boo

Look, one generic Mario mook is enough. King Boo is literally just a Boo with a crown. Another promotional rep like Euden or even Sylux makes more sense.
I can't tell if this is Bandana Dee satire or not.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
He has heavily hinted at it though, to the point where he might as well have said it.

His second November Direct still hasn't happened though, so I'm beginning to doubt him.
Has he, though

From my understanding he's heavily hinted at a VGA Smash reveal but only personally thinks Sora

>King Boo

TPC king you're playing right

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master

There's still a week, with the kirby update dropping in a week I could see a small direct.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ummm... this is Sakurai we're talking about...
The guy's a madman...

I can see him faithfully recreate Steve pretty easily...

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Every time he shows up in a discussion, he steers the discussion to "Support Agumon!!!" regardless of what we were currently discussing. He's almost like the Sonichu guy/gal/whatchamacallit. He singlehandedly made Digimon uncool on SmashBoards.

And, we can likely get music updates outside of the Waves.
Every time?
Please use the search engine of the Board, and find the last time i said something about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom