• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
We discussing Capcom DLC? I feel like it’s justified with them. They just have so many iconic series and characters.
Also you’re telling me sigma has a chance
Give me X and Sigma and keep Sigma's ham & cheese from Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, please. He's like...one of the only good things in that game.
["ALPHA TO OMEGA!!!" intensifies]

Yeah while I'm not interested in the series Monster Hunter designs are really great in my eyes and I'd gladly accept them in Smash.
Speaking of which, I wonder how Sakurai would go about the Monster Hunter's design. I wouldn't be surprised if the default ends up being the same female variant they used in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
The Box

Simon's music

They claimed they were going to clamp down way harder on leaks but as far as we can tell almost all of the characters were leaked at some point and all they really did was MAYBE spread false info
To be fair, none of the echoes except Ken were leaked, K. Rool wasn't leaked, and we only got one legit picture leak. They did do a bit better than before

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So, Monster Hunter is listed under the list of fighters, and there was someone who was cut.

And people are guessing that Monster Hunter was cut in the base game.

I do not know about that. It's weird to see Sakurai seriously consider Monster Hunter in 2015 when the franchise hadn't hit its global success peak until MH World in 2018. I am very conflicted on what this really means.

As for DLC, IDK. Could Sakurai return MH as DLC? Maybe, depending on the timeframe (I'm still thinking it was chosen in 2015-2016).

If MH returns, then it implies to me that we may primarily get cut unique fighters as DLC. That is helpful to the likes of Elma and Chorus Kids (maybe).

Interesting day.
That's some serious Elma bias lol. In no way has she been indicated to even be planned or cut. Even monster Hunter is an assumption people are making due to 2 tracks being found under fighter music data.

The only cut character really is Chorus Kids, and even then I still don't see them coming if they weren't added to Ultimates base roster

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Capcom is my favorite 3rd party developer so I'll gladly take any new representation from their many IP's
I don't know why so many people get hung up on which companies characters are owned by and not the characters themselves. Maybe the reason why Capcom has a lot of representation in Smash is because they happen to have the most iconic and popular franchises out of any third party company.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd rather unlock characters in vs. matches

Really hoping every 10th match gives you the option to unlock a character
Most of the other games had multiple methods of unlocking characters no? Could be the same here too.

WoL, # of Vs. Matches, Classic with X character, Amiibo(potentially), Win Match on Y Stage.

We discussing Capcom DLC? I feel like it’s justified with them. They just have so many iconic series and characters.
Also you’re telling me sigma has a chance
I'm not jumping the gun, but if it happens, I'm hype. ThoughweknowthedudeMegaManXisthebestchoice.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
So, Monster Hunter is listed under the list of fighters, and there was someone who was cut.

I do not know about that. It's weird to see Sakurai seriously consider Monster Hunter in 2015 when the franchise hadn't hit its global success peak until MH World in 2018. I am very conflicted on what this really means.

As for DLC, IDK. Could Sakurai return MH as DLC? Maybe, depending on the timeframe (I'm still thinking it was chosen in 2015-2016).

If MH returns, then it implies to me that we may primarily get cut unique fighters as DLC. That is helpful to the likes of Elma and Chorus Kids (maybe).

Interesting day.
4 Ultimate had broke a million in the West at that point. Nintendo themselves helped localize and publish the 3DS games, as well.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
On the Capcom topic, throw in as many as you want. **** I've been waiting for Nintendo vs Capcom for a while so I'm good. You could even just add more Mega Man and Street Fighter characters, no complains whatsoever.
This guy gets it.

I think the cool thing about Capcom is that they just mesh so well with Nintendo that you can imagine tons of dream matches between Smash's roster and anyone in Capcom's repository. Give me Dictator vs. Ganondorf. Give me Phoenix Wright vs. Isabelle. Throw in every Mega Man there's ever been - they'll all be unique and they're all awesome. Maybe it's just my old Capcom fanboy nature coming back to the surface but Nintendo vs. Capcom? Sign me up. I've never even played MonHun, but she looks badass. Throw her in too. Let's get crazy.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

Monster Hunter has been one of Capcom's best sellers since before World. It may have reached new heights with World but if you look at Capcom's highest selling games, 5 of the top 10 are Monster Hunter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This guy gets it.

I think the cool thing about Capcom is that they just mesh so well with Nintendo that you can imagine tons of dream matches between Smash's roster and anyone in Capcom's repository. Give me Dictator vs. Ganondorf. Give me Phoenix Wright vs. Isabelle. Throw in every Mega Man there's ever been - they'll all be unique and they're all awesome. Maybe it's just my old Capcom fanboy nature coming back to the surface but Nintendo vs. Capcom? Sign me up. I've never even played MonHun, but she looks badass. Throw her in too. Let's get crazy.
Man, Nintendo VS Capcom is straight up dream game material for me. There’s just so many possibilities with a game like that.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What?

What?

I mean...Sure, World sold 10 million alone.
but Monster Hunter always was a S tiers Series for Capcom with each of it's game selling over +4-3 million

Especially in Japan and Europe.

Monster Hunter always was a Big name series, even back in 2015, heck, even before.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Even if it isn't true about Monster Hunter being cut from base game. I still wouldn't be surprised if he/she is among the DLC characters just for Rathalos alone being present in the game and the franchises popularity.

D

Deleted member

I swear, all of these ****ing bangers left and right. Sakurai is out to get our throats and ears with this 1101-song soundtrack.

They don't stop comin' and they don't stop comin'.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That's some serious Elma bias lol. In no way has she been indicated to even be planned or cut. Even monster Hunter is an assumption people are making due to 2 tracks being found under fighter music data.

The only cut character really is Chorus Kids, and even then I still don't see them coming if they weren't added to Ultimates base roster
I don't have Elma bias, I'm just suggesting possibilities.

Don't make a ruckus out of it. :p

D

Deleted member

Monster hunter was always pretty bonkers popular in Japan, and had decent success in the West before World.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
whoever the cut fighter was, i'm guessing it was first party. don't think they are gonna go through the hassle of licensing just to cut the character.
Whoops- you left those 5.99 on the ground sir. Next time be more careful, and have a nice day. :4pacman:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This guy gets it.

The Monster Hunter, if they get in, should be like Robin and have both sexes, especially if they have the Rathaolos Armor, the male version covering up the face is pretty cool looking. Marvel Infinite only had the Female unfortunately, but it made sense since there only 4 chicks in it compared to Marvel 3 having 12.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
holy ****ing ****
This is too good.

Why can't Xenoblade get a remix this good c'mon
If I had to offer a potential reason, the games themselves aren't super popular in Japan. Remember, as a limited Gamestop release in NA it sold more than in any other region. And people were calling 2 a failure after only a look at initial Japanese sales. Xenoblade honestly seems to have more of a fandom in the West than Japan.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm freaking out guys. All these songs are absolute bangers, how is this possible? It should be illegal to have a soundtrack this good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom