• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
It kind of doesn't make sense that a Monster Hunter rep would be planned out as DLC. I'm not denying the possibility, but Nintendo decided the lineup, and they didn't start work on DLC until after Ultimate went gold. Seems a little too straightforward to be true, but I'm open minded about the possibility.

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Thing is Sakurai has lied before.
Sakurai has never lied, stop that.

If he said that he got everyone on the base roster in successfully, then he got everyone successfully.

We don’t want a repeat of “Sakurai is a troll about there being less newcomers, wee getting 679 newcomers!!!!!!”

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Right there, right on was cut?

It's clearly just being saved for the Blaze the Cat DLC.
i feel its pretty clear japanese people including sakurai dont care for sonic as much as we think.
The only last blow is eggman not a boss but lumen sage is

D

Deleted member

It kind of doesn't make sense that a Monster Hunter rep would be planned out as DLC. I'm not denying the possibility, but Nintendo decided the lineup, and they didn't start work on DLC until after Ultimate went gold. Seems a little too straightforward to be true, but I'm open minded about the possibility.
With a third-party, negotiation would almost certainly be done months in advance. Monster Hunter could have been planned since June, explaining the code as future proofing

D

Deleted member

All this Kirby music MY HEART.

My pink son is getting the love he deserves. :ultkirby:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
It's been discussed before but I'm pretty sure we've already established the DLC picks were set in stone very early in development, they just haven't started working on them yet

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
According to what we've heard though this was found within the codecs in the playable characters section indicating that MH was cut from base game and probably being planned for DLC.
Wouldn't Sakurai end up being accused of cutting content and selling it as DLC later if he did that?

Its hard to tell wether this may be another Rythm Heaven character situation where Sakurai seemingly planned to include a character, but avoided including them for DLC.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
remix remix remix...these songs in general are amazing, but now I need to know which series besides Final Fantasy didn’t get a new song (remixed or not)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Sakurai has never lied, stop that.

If he said that he got everyone on the base roster in successfully, then he got everyone successfully.

We don’t want a repeat of “Sakurai is a troll about there being less newcomers, wee getting 679 newcomers!!!!!!”
Thank you.

Hey, for all we know there's a secret 104th stage for some reason. Playable boss stages you unlock through World of Light. Therefore, we could get variations on stuff like Battlefield or FD and the Monster Hunter stage we saw in the Rathalos reveal. Yknow. Maybe.

There are plenty of explanations for all of this. That's part of what makes it so exciting!

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
It's possible that Monster Hunter wasn't planned, at least at first, until Nintendo themselves stepped in and suggested the avatar character to accompany Rathalos' presence. Consider it an afterthought.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
It's been discussed before but I'm pretty sure we've already established the DLC picks were set in stone very early in development, they just haven't started working on them yet
If they knew going into it that Monster Hunter was going to be DLC, why would they list the music so obviously in the base game? Surely someone would've caught it in development? They're definitely trying to cut down on leaks, but this would be incredibly counterproductive. It just doesn't make sense.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
On the Capcom topic, throw in as many as you want. **** I've been waiting for Nintendo vs Capcom for a while so I'm good. You could even just add more Mega Man and Street Fighter characters, no complains whatsoever.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
If they knew going into it that Monster Hunter was going to be DLC, why would they list the music so obviously in the base game? Surely someone would've caught it in development? They're definitely trying to cut down on leaks, but this would be incredibly counterproductive. It just doesn't make sense.
If I recall correctly something very similar happened to Roy and Ryu

And MH would possibly be the only of the 5 DLC that already have content in the game

i could see them making a mistake like that

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Hey, I like both Monster Hunter and Devil May Cry, so I would be stoked for either one. That being said, I hope that if we do get Monster Hunter, we get something like this as their costumes:
View attachment 179377
Yeah while I'm not interested in the series Monster Hunter designs are really great in my eyes and I'd gladly accept them in Smash.
i feel its pretty clear japanese people including sakurai dont care for sonic as much as we think.
The only last blow is eggman not a boss but lumen sage is
Wait wait. Am I hearing that right? No Eggman boss but Bayonetta got one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom