• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Well might as well toss away my "Capcom shouldn't have 4 characters" mentality, cause I'd gladly take a Monster Hunter character over Dante.
Capcom is pretty flexible to get fighters in. And their franchises are more famous that most others. Makes too much sense for them to have more guests in Smash.

Untouch

Smash Master
The guy that leaked on reddit 2 months ago is real.
I'm hesitant to believe leaks myself but it's clear he knows stuff.
Whether or not we are getting day 1 DLC is another story, it could be a misunderstanding.

D

Deleted member

EVERYONE SHUT THE **** UP, STRAP THE **** IN AND OPEN YOUR EARS.

SNAKEY CHANTEY.

DK is getting a lot of good **** this time around after being somewhat neglected in Smash 4. Good things come to those who wait I guess.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Capcom is literally the only game franchise that even comes close to matching Nintendo's amount of influential IPs so I'm fine with them getting as much reps as they need.

Now Atlus and their classic JRPG series SMT Should get a little something too.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
This Color Splash battle theme is really good too!

Hoping there's more Paper Mario music, but apparently Crunchii said this is the only new track :confused: but we should still have the Paper Mario Medley with the Rogueport theme at least!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We Are The Robot's remix is giving me SkullGirls vibes. Mega Man vs Big Band when?

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
So, any other Metroid stuff we know about? I know there's Ridley's theme and the song that played during's Dark Samus' reveal.

Even if they are OG versions, is there more Prime stuff? I'd be estatic if Dark Samus got her actual boss theme from Prime 2, and Rundas from Prime 3's themes. Maybe Phendrana Drifts Depths too.
I've heard three Samus Returns songs are in: Lower Norfair, Zeta Metroid Battle, and the Results. No new Prime songs which is a real shame cause there's a whole treasure trove of music in those games (no that Fed Force piece does not count).

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
That new Lost In Thoughts remix helps heal some of the wounds left by the fact that its the only Fates remix.

That new Magicant remix is swell.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
FE9/10 still aint got its recruitment themr
Xenoblade has zero remixes
Final Fantasy doesn't even have any new songs

All my mains got skiiiiiiiiiimped.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
tho I will say i think you all are jumping on the "MH DLC character" wagon a bit a early.

I think its just there because Rathalos
I'm thinking that too. But, hype gets to us pretty easily.

I've heard three Samus Returns songs are in: Lower Norfair, Zeta Metroid Battle, and the Results. No new Prime songs which is a real shame cause there's a whole treasure trove of music in those games (no that Fed Force piece does not count).
Cool. Glad Samus Returns was able to get a few songs in. Though I was still hoping for some Prime series stuff now that we got Dark Samus in.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
tho I will say i think you all are jumping on the "MH DLC character" wagon a bit a early.

I think its just there because Rathalos
According to what we've heard though this was found within the codecs in the playable characters section indicating that MH was cut from base game and probably being planned for DLC.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
How much can happen while I am gone for a couple of hours? 30 pages.

I hope there is piranha plant stuff in the disc. Something to work with.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All these remixes that aren’t from Sonic yet I still need to know all 900+ songs (every song from each franchise must be known now)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Capcom is literally the only game franchise that even comes close to matching Nintendo's amount of influential IPs so I'm fine with them getting as much reps as they need.

Now Atlus and their classic JRPG series SMT Should get a little something too.
I feel this way about Sega as well. But like, if the Fighter Pack dropped tomorrow and it was like, Monater Hunter, Phoenix Wright, Chun-Li, Viewtiful Joe, and Dante I'd be like "well **** it this seems fair" and throw my wallet at the screen.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
According to what we've heard though this was found within the codecs in the playable characters section indicating that MH was cut from base game and probably being planned for DLC.
Doesn’t that contradict what Sakurai said in the most recent interview column about there being no cuts for the base roster in Smash Ultimate, as he got everyone in?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Well might as well toss away my "Capcom shouldn't have 4 characters" mentality, cause I'd gladly take a Monster Hunter character over Dante.
Hey, I like both Monster Hunter and Devil May Cry, so I would be stoked for either one. That being said, I hope that if we do get Monster Hunter, we get something like this as their costumes:
Monster Hunter outfits.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom