• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME, THEY ALSO ADDED IN THE ORIGINAL CROCODILE CACOPHONY IN SMASH ULTIMATE.

I SWEAR I'M GONNA GET ****ING EVICTED. ****.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Monster Hunter being one of the DLC characters makes perfect sense with Rathalos already being in the base game and I would be happy with his inclusion. With that said, screw leakers. Why do they have to ruin the surprises for everyone else? And why hasn't Nintendo been more strict with leakers? Do they just not care about stuff being spoiled?

Last edited:

Polan

Smash Lord
If they knew going into it that Monster Hunter was going to be DLC, why would they list the music so obviously in the base game? Surely someone would've caught it in development? They're definitely trying to cut down on leaks, but this would be incredibly counterproductive. It just doesn't make sense.
i mean this is the same nintendo that left roy and ryu's music files in the game for everyone to find and then botched the release by releasing the characters way too early on their servers. **** ups happen all the time.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, would you all say this is the hardest a Smash game has been leaked right now? It feels like it at the very least.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'd rather unlock characters in vs. matches

Really hoping every 10th match gives you the option to unlock a character
I'm about 110% sure I've heard that there are multiple ways to unlock characters, and it's the safest bet in the world to assume that vs matches still work for that

Shroob

Sup?
This is the same Nintendo that gave us two MONTHS of box theory wars.

Stop acting like Nintendo isn't a blithering moron at times.

D

Deleted member

We discussing Capcom DLC? I feel like it’s justified with them. They just have so many iconic series and characters.
Also you’re telling me sigma has a chance

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
If I recall correctly something very similar happened to Roy and Ryu

And MH would possibly be the only of the 5 DLC that already have content in the game

i could see them making a mistake like that
True, there's precedent for this, I guess. You would've thought they'd learn their lesson by now, but guess not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
i mean this is the same nintendo that left roy and ryu's music files in the game for everyone to find and then botched the release by releasing the characters way too early on their servers. **** ups happen all the time.
It's also the same Nintendo that revealed the amount of newcomers remaining on promotional box art...

Yeah honestly revealing a DLC character like that is pretty expected at this point

Edit: Greninja'd

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
People, Verge leaked about a SE char for months. And minecraft content for even earlier. There is a possibility that negotions for DLC characters started around the time that ultimate was revealed. "We just finished negotions and we have chosen the characters" just means that they finally have all 5 characters. Before that point, they could have 1-4 characters in the process of planning and negotiations.

A MH character might have been some of the earlier admited DLC characters and that is why he was added beforehand to the list.

D

Deleted member

UH OH, DO I HEAR ANOTHER JAM ALERT?

YES I DO, BECAUSE I GOT THE BONUS LEVEL THEME / MAP THEME REMIX, BABY!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So, Monster Hunter is listed under the list of fighters, and there was someone who was cut.

And people are guessing that Monster Hunter was cut in the base game.

I do not know about that. It's weird to see Sakurai seriously consider Monster Hunter in 2015 when the franchise hadn't hit its global success peak until MH World in 2018. I am very conflicted on what this really means.

As for DLC, IDK. Could Sakurai return MH as DLC? Maybe, depending on the timeframe (I'm still thinking it was chosen in 2015-2016).

If MH returns, then it implies to me that we may primarily get cut unique fighters as DLC. That is helpful to the likes of Elma and Chorus Kids (maybe).

Interesting day.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
True, there's precedent for this, I guess. You would've thought they'd learn their lesson by now, but guess not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Box

Simon's music

They claimed they were going to clamp down way harder on leaks but as far as we can tell almost all of the characters were leaked at some point and all they really did was MAYBE spread false info

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It would take about 700 battles to unlock everyone though.
some people want their worlds to burn
So, would you all say this is the hardest a Smash game has been leaked right now? It feels like it at the very least.
either Ultimate or 64 has been the hardest to leak actual content

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
With all these, WoL leaks, I thinks it's time for me to leave this thread for a while, thanks for the laughs. See you all again on the 8th, or whenever I decide to put my Switch down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom