• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This is one SOLID track!

I always loved this song.

Something of note is that the kencineroar stickers are spirits guy said that he was only leaking because the working conditions were bad. A bit of a shame if you ask me, if he’s being truthful.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Y'all know what this means. The blog is truly useless now.

Since the game is being ripped now, there's no need for the weekly music update.

Wow.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Wasn't there a F-Zero track in Smash 4 called somethin akin to "car select" that was just the f-zero machine select screen?

It's not too farfetched to have a character select screen as music for matches
I mean, I guess, but having SF2's Character Select in the game over say, two new SF remixes or adding in Boxer's themes seems like a strange choice.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Something odd regarding Street Fighter's music selection...

Turns out, there are only two new SF remixes, and they're Guile and Claw. Everything else was ripped from a previous Street Fighter game, meaning no Cammy, T.Hawk and Fei Long theme remixes.

What this also means, is that at some point, the game uses SF2 and SSF2's Character Select themes. Perhaps it could be menu music? It's not listed as menu music afaik, but it'd be a very oddball choice to have them as a stage music...
wait... no jazzy nyc?

why

D

Deleted member

I mean, I guess, but having SF2's Character Select in the game over say, two new SF remixes or adding in Boxer's themes seems like a strange choice.
Boxer's theme is in though? Unless I misunderstand what you're trying to say, it's in.
  1. 11/23/2018 08:16 AM 869,344 sf21a_sf2_mbison.lopus
  2. 11/23/2018 08:16 AM 435,840 sf21b_sf2_mbison_pinch.lopus
  3. 11/23/2018 08:16 AM 841,568 sf22a_sf2_mbison_2.lopus
  4. 11/23/2018 08:16 AM 452,952 sf22b_sf2_mbison_2_pinch.lopus

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Someone please TL;DR on these DLC character leaks, I have no idea what's going on.
Nothing much. The only two things of note so far is that there seems to have been a character that got cut early in development who was placed before Inkling and the Monster Hunter tracks are listed among the playable series.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yes, but also LeakyPanda said that and I really don't want them to be right lol.
really? lol

you dont want more modes in a update to be true because of leaky panda. lol i thought i heard everything

but name one other leaker who got piranha plant right he even got ti right on the plant doesnt have fire balls as a attack

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
It is indeed strange. I held out hope for a potential Balrog or Cammy remix but that all seems to be lost in vain...

Talking about CSS music reminds me of how good the Tekken 3 one was... that would for sure fit into a match

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Something odd regarding Street Fighter's music selection...

Turns out, there are only two new SF remixes, and they're Guile and Claw. Everything else was ripped from a previous Street Fighter game, meaning no Cammy, T.Hawk and Fei Long theme remixes.

What this also means, is that at some point, the game uses SF2 and SSF2's Character Select themes. Perhaps it could be menu music? It's not listed as menu music afaik, but it'd be a very oddball choice to have them as a stage music...
I'm not surprised most of it are OG versions of songs. Which is fine by me, most of it's still good. But do you know if any of it goes into the Alpha or SF3 era? SF3's probably my favorite of Street Fighter's music.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Someone please TL;DR on these DLC character leaks, I have no idea what's going on.
There are none right now, but it seems like a character was cut and Monster Hunter might have had or may be getting a fighter based on the series music being with the fighter's series.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So if World of Light's trailer only showed the good guys, why was Bowser amongst them? Hmmmm...

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
really? lol

you dont want more modes in a update to be true because of leaky panda. lol i thought i heard everything

but name one other leaker who got piranha plant right he even got ti right on the plant doesnt have fire balls as a attack
The modes will be great. Coin Launcher was my favorite in Brawl, and Stage Builder allows for another generation of Smashket Ball which I'll take.

I just don't like LeakyPanda lol.

D

Deleted member

The modes will be great. Coin Launcher was my favorite in Brawl, and Stage Builder allows for another generation of Smashket Ball which I'll take.

I just don't like LeakyPanda lol.
You’re forgetting HOME-RUN CONTEST BABY

Shroob

Sup?
really? lol

Leaky leaking Piranha Plant doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot.

Pretty much every insider got the video leaked to them the day before the Direct.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Boxer's theme is in though? Unless I misunderstand what you're trying to say, it's in.
  1. 11/23/2018 08:16 AM 869,344 sf21a_sf2_mbison.lopus
  2. 11/23/2018 08:16 AM 435,840 sf21b_sf2_mbison_pinch.lopus
  3. 11/23/2018 08:16 AM 841,568 sf22a_sf2_mbison_2.lopus
  4. 11/23/2018 08:16 AM 452,952 sf22b_sf2_mbison_2_pinch.lopus
I still get their names mixed up to this day, especially since the file names are organized by their Japanese names.

My B :p

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Pretty much every insider got the video leaked to them the day before the Direct.
They didn't get Piranha Plant, but another person did 2 months before it's reveal. They also said we'd be getting some new gamemodes as Day 1 DLC.

Makes a VGAs announcement seem more likely given it's the day before the game, when said DLC would likely have to be announced unless its a silent reveal.

D

Deleted member

I still get their names mixed up to this day, especially since the file names are organized by their Japanese names.

My B :p
All of them are in though. We have Claw on the site, and both Boxer and Dictator are in the files.

But yeah, it's easy to get confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

We’re not talking about LeakyPandy, we’re talking about a guy on reddit who leaked a lot of details like kencineroar and spirits being stickers a month or so before the direct who said there would be a day 1 update with new modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom