• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
In lieu of recent events, I don't understand the thought process behind Spirits disconfirming characters. We know the DLC fighters were chosen only very recently, after the Spirits would have had to be finalized. Do people honestly think that would have been a dealbreaker for Sakurai? Was he going through the list thinking "Oh dear, there's already a .png file of this character in the game! Can't use them now!"

That's ridiculous. Arguably stupid. Stop it.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
You ain’t making a fool of yourself

What new Sonic songs are in Ultimate (besides Fist Bump)
Kinda the same stuff. Unfortunate that a series with such good music isn't delved into more for its tracks because they overlook titles like Sonic and the Black Knight and Sonic Rush

Calane

Smash Ace
The problem with the orchestral versions is that Sugiyama has never allowed them to be officially released outside of Japan. All the Japanese versions of the games use the orchestral songs in their soundtracks, but the English-language versions are always forced to use MIDI synthesized ****.
I believe that the original PS2 version of Dragon Quest 8 actually did have the orchestral music in the west. That's what I recall hearing, anyway.

I also don't think all of the Japanese versions of the games used the orchestral music. I know the 3DS remakes of 7 and 8 did, but from what I can tell, DQ11 still has the MIDI tracks even in the Japanese version of the game.

I don't think we'd get the orchestral versions in Smash, though.

Edit: Are you talking about Music CDs or something? If so, I wouldn't know anything about that. I haven't bought any myself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno about any of you, but when I face Galeem, this is the music I'm playing:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I know people want Studiopolis Zone to be a Smash Stage, but personally I would prefer Press Garden zone due to it's unique style, and calming atmosphere.

Knight of the Wind was in Smash 4. But yea, Sonic and the Black Knight's soundtrack is great. Too bad the game is butt.
\

Really? I thought the game was pretty good, at least a lot better than Secret Rings (Still a good game) and..... Ugh.... Chronicles.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Knight of the Wind was in Smash 4. But yea, Sonic and the Black Knight's soundtrack is great. Too bad the game is butt.
Okay is it REALLY that bad? Like I'm not a sonic fanboy, and I'm actually fairly picky when it comes to games but I played the game a few times and besides 2 frustrating boss fights, I didn't notice many detrimental flaws in the game.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I know. Just saying man, for future referance.
Well, if they don't want me to talk about the likeliness (or lack there of) of Senran Kagura getting in Smash, we can have a professional discussion about it

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's the fifth one I was thinking of. People say it got bad once they released the survive game
"Once" they released MGS: Survive?

Hahahahahaha. No.

Okay, here's the deal. Metal Gear Solid games are rarely up to the same level of quality without the involvement of Kojima.

Konami actively screwed over the release of Metal Gear Solid 5, by forcing it to be released unfinished (a whole 5th of the game is missing). Kojima then left the company for myriad reasons. Metal Gear Survive was released after Kojima left, and it is one of the most obvious low-effort cash-grab games in history. Not only does it reuse assets from MGS5 (fair enough), but it's so cash-grabby that you have to pay real money (after paying $60 for the game) for a second save file.

To add insult to injury, Konami also released a Metal Gear Solid 3 "remake" (MGS3 is generally considered the best Metal Gear game) in the form of a Pachinko Machine around the time of MGS5's release; this MGS3 "game" had original cutscenes made using the Fox Engine (the graphics engine Kojima made for MGS5), and looks absolutely beautiful.

I think there was also terrible behind the scenes stuff going on, basically Konami has been a ****show for a while. It's why nobody had any faith that Snake would come back, because the people in charge of Konami seem to actively hate video games or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, if they don't want me to talk about the likeliness (or lack there of) of Senran Kagura getting in Smash, we can have a professional discussion about it
lmao Good luck if that happens man, because this person is any but professional.
Okay is it REALLY that bad? Like I'm not a sonic fanboy, and I'm actually fairly picky when it comes to games but I played the game a few times and besides 2 frustrating boss fights, I didn't notice many detrimental flaws in the game.
The Secret Rings and The Black Knight were garbo. Not as bad as other titles, but still.
Nah, it was one of the newer zones in Sonic Mania.
Ah. I see.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
In lieu of recent events, I don't understand the thought process behind Spirits disconfirming characters. We know the DLC fighters were chosen only very recently, after the Spirits would have had to be finalized. Do people honestly think that would have been a dealbreaker for Sakurai? Was he going through the list thinking "Oh dear, there's already a .png file of this character in the game! Can't use them now!"

That's ridiculous. Arguably stupid. Stop it.
Woah, DLC was chosen recently? Are you sure? I could've swore Sakurai said in the direct that DLC was chosen back when development for the game began. Can someone please clarify this with proof?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
one of the smash music channels mentioned it. dunno where it was confirmed though.
Found it
Kinda the same stuff. Unfortunate that a series with such good music isn't delved into more for its tracks because they overlook titles like Sonic and the Black Knight and Sonic Rush
Glad Knight of the Wind will stay...I think
Right ****in’ here:

No.
You are a hero among peasants

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Well, I'm not really a fan of any of the 3D Sonic games personally, so I'm not sure you really want my opinion on that issue.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Black Knight is a decent Sonic game, while the soundtrack can practically make babies

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Listen, all I'm saying is that if they're going to add more vocal Sonic tracks, one of them better be What I'm Made Of

It's been 3 games Sakurai what the hell are you doing

Kingslime304

Smash Lord

Hahahahahaha. No.

Okay, here's the deal. Metal Gear Solid games are rarely up to the same level of quality without the involvement of Kojima.

Konami actively screwed over the release of Metal Gear Solid 5, by forcing it to be released unfinished (a whole 5th of the game is missing). Kojima then left the company for myriad reasons. Metal Gear Survive was released after Kojima left, and it is one of the most obvious low-effort cash-grab games in history. Not only does it reuse assets from MGS5 (fair enough), but it's so cash-grabby that you have to pay real money (after paying $60 for the game) for a second save file.

To add insult to injury, Konami also released a Metal Gear Solid 3 "remake" (MGS3 is generally considered the best Metal Gear game) in the form of a Pachinko Machine around the time of MGS5's release; this MGS3 "game" had original cutscenes made using the Fox Engine (the graphics engine Kojima made for MGS5), and looks absolutely beautiful.

I think there was also terrible behind the scenes stuff going on, basically Konami has been a ****show for a while. It's why nobody had any faith that Snake would come back, because the people in charge of Konami seem to actively hate video games or something.
It's also why nobody (And I mean NOBODY) gave an absolute **** about any of the OC's in the Castlevania Panchinko games. Why go through the story, learn how the characters are in the first place, if it's REQUIRES more money than a few quarters, to continue in a slot of all things. I rarely see any fanart of those guys.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just finished Let's Go Pikachu, it was okay. It wasn't terrible, it wasn't amazing, it was okay. But what really pisses me off is the last six months I spent getting irrationally angry and almost depressed over what turned out to be the most bland, inconsequential Pokemon game in years.

Well no more, i'm not wasting another brain cell on that game. From now on it's Smash 24/7.

Along with important things like my education and career, of course.

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

Hahahahahaha. No.

Agh, why'd you have to remind me of that ****ing Pachinko machine man...

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I think Sonic and the Black Knight better quality as a game is that it ends fast.
You're like "Man, this is kinda of boring and repeti-".... "Oh, it's over already, ok".

(I'll try to listen to the soundtrack, played one day when it launched and never touched again)

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Woah, DLC was chosen recently? Are you sure? I could've swore Sakurai said in the direct that DLC was chosen back when development for the game began. Can someone please clarify this with proof?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's also why nobody (And I mean NOBODY) gave an absolute **** about any of the OC's in the Castlevania Panchinko games. Why go through the story, learn how the characters are in the first place, if it's REQUIRES more money than a few quarters, to continue in a slot of all things. I rarely see any fanart of those guys.
Honestly, I hope someone buys Castlevania from Konami. Preferably Bandai Namco if I had to choose.
But there are more than one mods, right? I hope this mod that you're talking about doesn't have a problem with it
You ever see a mad Priest try to excisie a demon that doesn't exist?

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I think Sonic and the Black Knight better quality as a game is that it ends fast.
You're like "Man, this is kinda of boring and repeti-".... "Oh, it's over already, ok".

(I'll try to listen to the soundtrack, played one day when it launched and never touched again)
That's my problem with modern Sonic games in general.

Listen to Molten Mine yo, one of the best songs in the game imo.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So then... why couldn't they add Rex as DLC if they just now finished the planning for dlc?

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Speaking of Sonic Games, has anyone here actually played Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood? I remember getting the game along with the exclusive stylus (Which are just rubber sonic characters at the top of them), and knowing that the game is one of the worst ones I've have ever played.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So when did dlc development begin? Back in 2015 or just now? The Duke of Dorks was saying that it was very recently
I'm guessing they had a general list with a few characters in the pipe with Nintendo finalizing the final choices a bit before Nov. 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom