• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I really don't think there'll be any outside of possible non-season pass Echo DLC.
I think there will be Nintendo dlc, since it would cost Nintendo a lot of money to get five 3rd party characters. Also, I don't think echo dlc is happening

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
His info was based off of a tweet from Sakurai that said that the dlc lineup was now complete, and this tweet was from a couple of weeks ago
Which could have just been a reply to the nonstop tweets with fan demanded characters. Or to say that the DLC Pass Characters were chosen in advanced... Which could mean any time before the tweet, but odds are good it's sooner rather than later. Otherwise they wouldnt have announced Smash Pass at all. Would you announce a pass for content you arent even sure youre gonna use?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I find it kind of weird that some people think the entire DLC roster will be 3rd party, especially since Nintendo themselves are actually picking this time around.
I doubt they wouldn't at least try to promote at least one of their popular or upcoming characters.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
If anyone's interested, here is the

Takes Damage in Water Gang

-Sonic
-Inkling
-Charizard
-Incineroar

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
It's kind of funny how in Fire Emblem Warriors, no one is concerned that almost thousands of soldiers had just died within every battle.

Hinoka: Oh, I'm sorry.. We must have misunderstand yo-
Rowan: MISUNDERSTAND?! THOUSANDS OF SOLDIERS JUST DIED IN THIS BATTLE FOR A MISUNDERSTANDING?! THEY DIED FOR NOTHING!!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Honestly would have loved Blaze as a Sonic rep. I played the crap out of Sonic Rush on my DS
Yeah, she's really the only modern Sonic character that isn't garbage...
Let's just say everyone else is no use... (Hint, hint)
If anyone's interested, here is the

Takes Damage in Water Gang

-Sonic
-Inkling
-Charizard
-Incineroar
Of course three of my mains are among them

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wouldn't even be surprised if when he says Nintendo chose the contents of the DLC they just simply gave him a list of potential fighters or content to pull from and Sakurai was able to decide which of these Nintendo wants he felt he could implement.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I think there will be Nintendo dlc, since it would cost Nintendo a lot of money to get five 3rd party characters. Also, I don't think echo dlc is happening
Considering that Guest Character DLC sells much more than 1st party characters, it won't be such a problem.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Which could have just been a reply to the nonstop tweets with fan demanded characters. Or to say that the DLC Pass Characters were chosen in advanced... Which could mean any time before the tweet, but odds are good it's sooner rather than later. Otherwise they wouldnt have announced Smash Pass at all. Would you announce a pass for content you arent even sure youre gonna use?
When you say sooner rather than later, do you mean more recently rather than further in the past?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Nintendo giving Sakurai a list of potential content that was purely third party isn't very likely.

Unless they dialed up some of the companies themselves and knew they were willing to play ball. It'd basically be asking him to gamble with lengthy negotiations.

There will most certainly be some Nintendo characters in this pass I'd suspect.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I find it kind of weird that some people think the entire DLC roster will be 3rd party, especially since Nintendo themselves are actually picking this time around.
I doubt they wouldn't at least try to promote at least one of their popular or upcoming characters.
I'm hoping for FE Three Houses, but I have to agree with you. I think two or three will be Nintendo characters

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Nintendo giving Sakurai a list of potential content that was purely third party isn't very likely.

Unless they dialed up some of the companies themselves and knew they were willing to play ball. It'd basically be asking him to gamble with lengthy negotiations.

There will most certainly be some Nintendo characters in this pass I'd suspect.
oh without a doubt. Unless negotiations were made early on when it came time to get certain characters back but that would only work for companies already represented in Smash. For a total newcomer like for example, Koei-Tecmo or SNK Playmore they would have been contacted the second plans for DLC were drawn up. I imagine anyone like that will not be the FIRST character they announce.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Considering that Guest Character DLC sells much more than 1st party characters, it won't be such a problem.
But Nintendo might want to promote some of their upcoming titles. I feel like it might be like Smash 4 dlc, with some Nintendo and some 3rd party

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I just remembered for the classic mode bosses

There’s a chance :ultlucario::ultyounglink::ultcloud::ultpacman: get Dracula they were fighting him

(But some could be world of light or possible boss rush mode though)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Of course three of my mains are among them
Orbot and Cubot are cool (especially their Boom counterparts), same with Sticks

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
I'll explain myself:
(I agree "confirmed" is a big word, so maybe just take this as a theory)
- Apparently Sakurai mentioned Nintendo (of Japan) is unaware of the Smash fan favorites, like King. K. Rool.
- Nintendo of America, in the other hand, knows what fans want in Smash (Geno and Waluigi, to give examples)
- Nintendo of Japan had always more power when it comes to big decisions. The same I suppose applies to Smash.
- When Nintendo EAD (if the game had any involment of the company itself) had to chose franchises for Nintendo Land, the games were not really obscure;
  • Zelda
  • Mario
  • Pikmin
  • F-Zero
  • Game & Watch
  • Balloon Fighter
  • Donkey Kong
  • Metroid
  • Takamaru
  • Yoshi
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Animal Crossing
In theory, we shouldn't expect too many surprises or fan favorites but easy choices (i.e.: anew TLoZelda character)
BUT HEY IT'S JUST A THEORY, A FIXED FUN THEORY, THANKS FOR READING11!!!1!

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I REALLY wish SEGA would do something to redeem Silver. Maybe a really good Solo game with better psychokinetic powers and an original story.. Not that the usual "ITS NOT SEGA GENESIS SONIC WE WANT TO BE TEN AGAIN" crowd wont like it but Silver really is wasted potential. I mean he's based on Mirai Trunks for gods sake!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I REALLY wish SEGA would do something to redeem Silver. Maybe a really good Solo game with better psychokinetic powers and an original story.. Not that the usual "ITS NOT SEGA GENESIS SONIC WE WANT TO BE TEN AGAIN" crowd wont like it but Silver really is wasted potential. I mean he's based on Mirai Trunks for gods sake!
First they gotta re-redeem Sonic, lmao.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'll explain myself:
(I agree "confirmed" is a big word, so maybe just take this as a theory)
- Apparently Sakurai mentioned Nintendo (of Japan) is unaware of the Smash fan favorites, like King. K. Rool.
- Nintendo of America, in the other hand, knows what fans want in Smash (Geno and Waluigi, to give examples)
- Nintendo of Japan had always more power when it comes to big decisions. The same I suppose applies to Smash.
- When Nintendo EAD (if the game had any involment of the company itself) had to chose franchises for Nintendo Land, the games were not really obscure;
  • Zelda
  • Mario
  • Pikmin
  • F-Zero
  • Game & Watch
  • Balloon Fighter
  • Donkey Kong
  • Metroid
  • Takamaru
  • Yoshi
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Animal Crossing
In theory, we shouldn't expect too many surprises or fan favorites but easy choices (i.e.: anew TLoZelda character)
BUT HEY IT'S JUST A THEORY, A FIXED FUN THEORY, THANKS FOR READING11!!!1!
So then, five Fire Emblem characters. Got it :p (Honestly I may be one of the few people who would be perfectly fine with that)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So then, five Fire Emblem characters. Got it :p (Honestly I may be one of the few people who would be perfectly fine with that)
As long as at least one of them is Lyn, you could add ****ing Donnel for all I care.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Pink Gold Peach
Pink Gold Daisy
Pink Gold Rosalina & Luma
Pink Gold Zelda
Pink Gold Bayonetta
Pink Gold Palutena
Pink Gold Lucina
Pink Gold Zero Suit Samus
Pink Gold Wii Fit Trainer

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't think the entire DLC list will be 3rd party, but I don't know that we're looking at a mostly Nintendo lineup either.

Nintendo may want to push their own products, but the concept of adding 3rd parties in for DLC could absolutely play a solid role in getting big IPs from other companies onto the Switch.

To be honest, I think we really should dial back what we think is confirmed and what not for DLC. I've already read what some others have said on the matter, and I completely agree. Sure, there are rumblings about particular characters, but it's only these few people mentioning them. It just seems...odd. Hitagi has been more or less all over the place and seems to answer in the most vague way possible, yadda yadda.

Well, all I'll say is that nothing is confirmed until it is revealed officially, is leaked, or from word of mouth. For me, it would be entirely refreshing to see that practically none of what has leaked is in.

I do think Verge is somebody to pay attention to, but besides that I don't feel that there's much to follow. Sure, Hitagi has had information they've been leaking, and yeah they'll been right with other games. But, i'm starting to feel like there's something...off with all of it. I can't really put my finger on it, but it is what it is.

We've got a notorious piggybacker in Verge. He hit a grand slam with Smash Ultimate, but who knows why he got the Grand Slam. He very easily could have simply leaked information that was very obviously real to the people who knew, and he decided to leak it.

Eh. We'll find out soon enough. I just need this damn game lol.

(by the way, Let's Go isn't that bad. It's just not as intensive or interesting as the mainstream Pokemon games. I'm mostly invested because it does take me back a bit, but I want in on that Meltan swag...damn you Game Freak, DAMN YOU!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom