• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'll explain myself:
(I agree "confirmed" is a big word, so maybe just take this as a theory)
- Apparently Sakurai mentioned Nintendo (of Japan) is unaware of the Smash fan favorites, like King. K. Rool.
- Nintendo of America, in the other hand, knows what fans want in Smash (Geno and Waluigi, to give examples)
- Nintendo of Japan had always more power when it comes to big decisions. The same I suppose applies to Smash.
- When Nintendo EAD (if the game had any involment of the company itself) had to chose franchises for Nintendo Land, the games were not really obscure;
  • Zelda
  • Mario
  • Pikmin
  • F-Zero
  • Game & Watch
  • Balloon Fighter
  • Donkey Kong
  • Metroid
  • Takamaru
  • Yoshi
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Animal Crossing
In theory, we shouldn't expect too many surprises or fan favorites but easy choices (i.e.: anew TLoZelda character)
BUT HEY IT'S JUST A THEORY, A FIXED FUN THEORY, THANKS FOR READING11!!!1!
- Apparently Sakurai mentioned Nintendo (of Japan) is unaware of the Smash fan favorites, like King. K. Rool."
this is a
very
very
very
big assumption
Most I recall is Sakurai saying they were blown away by K. Rool's support
Please source what you're saying here

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
As long as at least one of them is Lyn, you could add ****ing Donnel for all I care.
1,000 likes for this. Lyn would be the greatest addition in Smash. She's also the most popular FE character ever, right?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sakurai picked Incineroar after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon came out. Not Sun and Moon. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

There is no excuse for Ultra Necrozma's theme to not be in this game. Remix or not, it has to be here. I need it to be. Sakurai please.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Sakurai picked Incineroar after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon came out. Not Sun and Moon. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

There is no excuse for Ultra Necrozma's theme to not be in this game. Remix or not, it has to be here. I need it to be. Sakurai please.
I NEED GUZMA'S THEME
I NEED IT

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
As long as at least one of them is Lyn, you could add ****ing Donnel for all I care.
Hey now, Donnel's got a spear! For all of the people calling for a better representation of the Weapon Triangle, Donny would be a perfect choice. :p

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
*loudly clearing his throat*

AH-HEH-HEH-HEH-HEM.
Oh yeah. I should’ve remembered that, I do own Project X Zone 2.

All that, plus Leon S. Kennedy is holding onto Ammy’s back, hanging half off her back.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If they continue DLC for that game I don't doubt theyll be added next. If Mighty and Ray are back who else could they add!
If they continue. I don't claim to know much about the dlc, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much for them. That being said, if they do add Amy and Cream, I'll definitely buy Sonic Mania Plus

Last edited:

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
If my theory is correct and Nintendo of Japan is choosing the newcomers, I can't see Sora as playable fighter. A Dragon Quest character makes more sense, then again I can't see any 3rd party character joining the roster, only 1st and 2nd.
In fact, my prediction right now is...

The Rabbits fit perfectly, even if they were created by Ubisoft.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord

So Incineroar was chosen because of Ultra Sun and Moon?

That is really damn interesting but also confuses me on why Spring Man and Rex got deconfirmed.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
The fact that Amy wasn't added in Mania+ is quite odd to me. seems like something that would make sense. Cream would too
I kind of get why Cream wouldn't be added, since she's not as relevant or popular as Amy, but that's just it: Amy is right up there with Knuckles, Shadow, and Metal Sonic

D

Deleted member

That is really damn interesting but also confuses me on why Spring Man and Rex got deconfirmed.
He planned on a Pokémon since before Sun and Moon, but didn't decide on Incineroar specifically until after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

D

Deleted member

All you people poo-pooing Cream are gonna regret it when Cream Butt Flobber Catch HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue gets announced.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

That

And also Sakurai bucket list of playables is a wrestling character of some sort

And for the loving memory of the voice actor of professor oak

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
Oops, I can't find the source, that user lied to me (or I misunderstood what he said :facepalm::facepalm:)

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'll explain myself:
(I agree "confirmed" is a big word, so maybe just take this as a theory)
- Apparently Sakurai mentioned Nintendo (of Japan) is unaware of the Smash fan favorites, like King. K. Rool.
- Nintendo of America, in the other hand, knows what fans want in Smash (Geno and Waluigi, to give examples)
- Nintendo of Japan had always more power when it comes to big decisions. The same I suppose applies to Smash.
- When Nintendo EAD (if the game had any involment of the company itself) had to chose franchises for Nintendo Land, the games were not really obscure;
  • Zelda
  • Mario
  • Pikmin
  • F-Zero
  • Game & Watch
  • Balloon Fighter
  • Donkey Kong
  • Metroid
  • Takamaru
  • Yoshi
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Animal Crossing
In theory, we shouldn't expect too many surprises or fan favorites but easy choices (i.e.: anew TLoZelda character)
BUT HEY IT'S JUST A THEORY, A FIXED FUN THEORY, THANKS FOR READING11!!!1!
Well the only real obscure there was Takamaru. Otherwise, it's the usual Nintendo stuff.
My expectation though is a lot of what Nintendo will add will be more current stuff. They may see this more as an overall expansion pass rather than all of the characters being hyped. Remember you're buying it as a package for the most part

Considering that Guest Character DLC sells much more than 1st party characters, it won't be such a problem.
At the same time, a lot of people are buying it without knowing what it is. I think the demand is pretty inelastic so Nintendo would probably make more using their own characters.

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
Pick one.
My bad, what I wanted to say was that I think only the Rabbids have a chance as 3rd party newcomers.
In my opinion, 1st party characters are the priority for Nintendo (assuming is Nintendo of Japan).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There’s someone by the name of polar panda who’s getting a lot of stuff right and it’s about the bosses

Don’t know the link but back in September gotten stuff right

IronTed

Smash Ace
My bad, what I wanted to say was that I think only the Rabbids have a chance as 3rd party newcomers.
In my opinion, 1st party characters are the priority for Nintendo (assuming is Nintendo of Japan).
If it's Nintendo deciding then it's definitely Japan. NOA and NOE are basically only functionaries, NOA hasn't had autonomy for a long time.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
It seems like a lot of people within matches, and even people regarding tiering the characters had forgotten that Simon can tether recover with his aerials (Including up-air).

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If the dark horse of a FF rep comes in. I hope it's Yuna just so she can bring this hit LGBTQ jam with her:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom