• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Guys, I know this is off-topic, but half of my school week doesn't have school because the fires are getting worse in parts of California, and there might not be any for the rest of the month because of it. It's enough that there's visible smoke where I live (Thankfully no fire closeby, or reddish sky at all). I mean I know I can have free days til Smash Ultimate comes out, but just thinking about this worries me at times.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm just gonna say, if they point Jynx in Detective Pikachu as well then that movie is an instant 0/10, no matter how good the writing actually ends up being.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Guys, I know this is off-topic, but half of my school week doesn't have school because the fires are getting worse in parts of California, and there might not be any for the rest of the month because of it. It's enough that there's visible smoke where I live (Thankfully no fire closeby at all). I mean I know I can have free days til Smash Ultimate comes out, but just thinking about this worries me at times.
Stay safe, dude.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Again though I never said that dark skin was a bad thing. I was just listing off tropes and you guys took it the wrong way. It is really depressing that whenever I try to discuss something on these boards I get attacked. Maybe I should only post when I'm not in the minority anymore because people have been really hostile. Maybe I should have said it more carefully like beach babe tan skin or something... Oh well, these boards aren't a good use of time anyways
If people are misunderstanding you, perhaps it's less of them "attacking" you, and more of a failure to communicate your point precisely. If you blame others, and don't confront problems of how you express ideas, then people are going to misunderstand you in way more places than SmashBoards. I guarantee you that if you offhandedly say something like "dark-skinned people are uncommon" in most American discussions, you'll either be laughed at or hounded because the idea is factually inaccurate and will always be interpreted to mean that you're racist. This ain't SmashBoards, fella, it's you. And before you think this is some racially sensitive nut saying it, I'll have you know that I vote Republican regularly and don't give a care. I'm just telling you that blaming SmashBoards is not going to solve your problem.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Nothing, because I'm changing the topic!

Favorite Ultimate stage, go! Mine's Fourside.
Honestly one of my favorite glowups I'm now realizing is Yoshi's Story.

Screenshot_15.png

like the details and differences are subtle but it pops so much more than before for me when I originally thought the stage was somewhat bland and flat

Shroob

Sup?
No one going to mention that Mr.Mime's shoulder....joints.....? are quite literally two dodge balls? They even have the seams where the two halves were put together and the dodge ball texture on them.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
Do you even know what racism means? I'm talking about the beach babe tan on adian chicks that is mostly unrealistic that's all. Please drop this.
I DUNNO

AS A PINOY WITH A SISTER WHO TANS LIKE THAT NATURALLY, SEEMS PRETTY GODDAMN REALISTIC TO ME

ARE YOU SURE YOU KNOW WHAT RACISM MEANS BRO LOL

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

View attachment 177578

like the details and differences are subtle but it pops so much more than before for me when I originally thought the stage was somewhat bland and flat
I like the added detail of Pak E. Derm peeking in the background staring into your soul IN HD!!!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm just gonna say, if they point Jynx in Detective Pikachu as well then that movie is an instant 0/10, no matter how good the writing actually ends up being.
Is is because of the Blackface? Because Jynx's been purple since Gen 2 I think.

View attachment 177578

Fountain of Dreams, Kraid's Lair, Peach's Castle and Venom are strong though.

I'm glad most of the stages I like made it back. I think only Melee's Mute City is missing.

D

Deleted member

Moderators and Administrators in this thread:
3463464334634634.PNG

...............I have SEVERAL questions about that watermark in the corner.
I literally did not see that. :lol:
346634643437.gif

I'm a Teenager.
I've got attitude...

Into the hole you go.
I am in the same path as you.
Guys, I know this is off-topic, but half of my school week doesn't have school because the fires are getting worse in parts of California, and there might not be any for the rest of the month because of it. It's enough that there's visible smoke where I live (Thankfully no fire closeby, or reddish sky at all). I mean I know I can have free days til Smash Ultimate comes out, but just thinking about this worries me at times.
I hope you continue to stay safe.
Bottom left, enjoy your nightmares.

I am fine with everything, except the fact that Mime's rear just looks gross.

A Minecraft stage would be lowkey hype.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
There is no way they do that in 2019. That'd be suicide.

Shroob

Sup?

Fountain of Dreams, Kraid's Lair, Peach's Castle and Venom are strong though.

I'm glad most of the stages I like made it back. I think only Melee's Mute City is missing.
It's more to do with how creepy Jynx is.

If Mr.Mime looks like.......THAT......I don't want to imagine realistic Jynx.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Hope you stay safe, I was watching the news tonight and those fires were looking pretty bad.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
If people are misunderstanding you, perhaps it's less of them "attacking" you, and more of a failure to communicate your point precisely. If you blame others, and don't confront problems of how you express ideas, then people are going to misunderstand you in way more places than SmashBoards. I guarantee you that if you offhandedly say something like "dark-skinned people are uncommon" in most American discussions, you'll either be laughed at or hounded because the idea is factually inaccurate and will always be interpreted to mean that you're racist. This ain't SmashBoards, fella, it's you. And before you think this is some racially sensitive nut saying it, I'll have you know that I vote Republican regularly and don't give a care. I'm just telling you that blaming SmashBoards is not going to solve your problem.
I never said anything like that though, I literally said her having a dark tan was an anime trope for asian characters. How is that racist? I didn't word it perfectly the first time because I didn't think 3 different people would attack me on one word out of a paragraph complaining about anime tropes

D

Deleted member

There seems to be a misunderstanding.
People here seem to be under the belief that Nintendo is the one who decided who the five DLC characters of the Fighter Pack are and Sakurai just has to do as they commanded.

....that's not the case.
They were the ones who made the suggestions for the DLC fighters, and Sakurai has final say on whether they can be included or not until there were 5 completely agreed on with both sides.

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
You guys..
If it’s...
If it’s Elma...I literally would lose it.

And for those who don’t know her you’d fall in love with her if she got in

CMON DUAL SWORDS DUAL GUNS LADYYYYYYYY

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
No, it's nothing like that. I know that Jynx's old "black face" was just an extremely unfortunate coincidence.

I've just always thought Jynx was really creepy. Like, way creepier then Mr.Mime could ever be.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I had a prediction (Kind of, more like a wish), of Toy Story 4. Remember Forky, and how the theme seems to be more about the concept of how life may work of inanimate objects in a deeper meaning? What if Bo Peep during the events where she wasn't in, she became somewhat of a traumatized, hardened lamp who is kind of broken (In the mind) from not only the harsh events, but also hardships, and learning a lot more about the concept of life (On of them she tries to experiment this by kind of hurting others to see how it works). Just a thought.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
I DUNNO

AS A PINOY WITH A SISTER WHO TANS LIKE THAT NATURALLY, SEEMS PRETTY GODDAMN REALISTIC TO ME

ARE YOU SURE YOU KNOW WHAT RACISM MEANS BRO LOL
Racism is judging someone by the color of their skin and discriminating against them. I never said a character couldn't be asian and tan just that it's an anime cliche. Literally nothing racist about any of my comments so please drop it.

D

Deleted member

I'mma post this dope fan art to help the thread end its..."Interesting" topics streak that it's been having for the past two days now:

q0k9eix585c11.jpg

Once again, I swoop in with wholesome images to save the day!

Also Smash is cool and I'd like to play it and have fun and be happy talking about how cool it is with cool peoples in the thread. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom