• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
And just think.

...Goofy has a son.
....that means he has had sex.

Ga-hyuck.
Bold of you to assume Goofy reproduces sexually.

Okay, here's a question that will hopefully get this thread back on track.

If Smash Bros was made today, who would be the first twelve?

Remember, Captain Falcon and Ness' popularity was helped by Smash. And Jigglypuff was only added because of the anime.

I think Bowser would definitely be in, maybe replacing Ness. Jigglypuff would be replaced by a current Pokemon. I also don't think Yoshi would be considered his own series because let's be real, he's a Mario character.

What do you think?
Inkling would be in it, no doubt. Like this?::ultmario::ultinkling::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultkirby::ultyoshi::ultfox::ultsamus::ultmarth::ultbowser::ultvillager::ultdk:

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Heya Smash gang! I see we are all as lively as everrrrr.

What’s the latest in the world of smash?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Lmao at all these degenerates talking about Detective Pikachu and le didni marble moobie man as if anyone cares. On an actual relevant topic, anyone else think the reversed JP trailer is teasing Okarin, or Chrono, for DLC? inb4 Kira baito za dusuto
Kanji in the username tells you everything.

Double K

Smash Lord

Remember, Captain Falcon and Ness' popularity was helped by Smash. And Jigglypuff was only added because of the anime.

I think Bowser would definitely be in, maybe replacing Ness. Jigglypuff would be replaced by a current Pokemon. I also don't think Yoshi would be considered his own series because let's be real, he's a Mario character.

What do you think?
Drop Falcon, Ness and Puff

Add in Bowser, Zelda and idk, Peach?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
It’s this blasted thread; it’s driving everyone insane.

- droughts
- box theory
- grinch leak
- dlc news

This crazy place doesn’t help the wait...it only makes it worse.
Honestly, for being the shortest release cycle, it was probably the worst.

- The droughts without info sucked like Smash 4, except this game is more hype that that ever was for obvious reasons
- the Box theory ended up being right, which only sucked because of...
- The ****ing Grinch leak skyrocketing expectations out of the solar system. Those final 7 characters would have massively upped the diversity in an already extremely diverse cast (by adding 3 new Nintendo IPs, 2 extremely popular 3rd party echoes, and 2 highly requested 3rd party fighters from the niche fan base....IT SUCKED)
- On top of all of this DLC news sounding subpar to the wrong person (not me, I'm indifferent after the Grinch was fake) if it's true.

On top of this, I definitely blame Ridley and K. Rool. These 2 were extremely desired and good character choices from well known franchises, but it caused a lot of people, including myself to think that obscure characters from OBSCURE franchises had that much of a bigger chance because of that Grinch "leak" (GS, RH, SMRPG).

/rant

:(

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314

What do you think?
Good question! This is how i’d see it based on the trend in the recent years.

:ultmario::ultdk::ultfox::ultinkling::ultvillager::ultlink::ultsamus::ultpikachu: and the 4 unlockables i could see are :ultpit::ultwario::ultbowser::ultmarth:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Honestly, for being the shortest release cycle, it was probably the worst.

- The droughts without info sucked like Smash 4, except this game is more hype that that ever was for obvious reasons
- the Box theory ended up being right, which only sucked because of...
- The ****ing Grinch leak skyrocketing expectations out of the solar system. Those final 7 characters would have massively upped the diversity in an already extremely diverse cast (by adding 3 new Nintendo IPs, 2 extremely popular 3rd party echoes, and 2 highly requested 3rd party fighters from the niche fan base....IT SUCKED)
- On top of all of this DLC news sounding subpar to the wrong person (not me, I'm indifferent after the Grinch was fake) if it's true.

On top of this, I definitely blame Ridley and K. Rool. These 2 were extremely desired and good character choices from well known franchises, but it caused a lot of people, including myself to think that obscure characters from OBSCURE franchises had that much of a bigger chance because of that Grinch "leak" (GS, RH, SMRPG).

/rant

:(
To be fair...
SMRPG isnt a franchise, its one game-
Metroid and Donkey Kong are far from Obscure-
and well, the Grinch leak would have been dope. I really am all for new IPs.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
So uh..... how about Sylux? I think he has stuff going for him and unlike other characters that could be promotional, he was an already existing character.

Of course, this is assuming Sylux is gonna be in Metroid Prime 4.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, if Hitagi is right, we have Steve, Katalina, a SE char (not Geno) and a Bamco char (not agumon).
And also not Sora, Lara Croft, 2B.
If you ask me I think we still have no actual idea of who the Squenix rep could be.
Wait, it was specified that we were getting a Bandai Namco character that wasn't Agumon?
And that the SE character in question isn't Geno, Sora, Lara Croft, or 2B?

This is news to me, so can I get a source please?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

What do you think?
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh I'd rather have Nintendo VS Capcom at that point, would be more interesting and less potential to disappoint, that's for sure

FreeFox

Smash Lord
And also not Sora, Lara Croft, 2B.
If you ask me I think we still have no actual idea of who the Squenix rep could be.
Yep. I am asking if this knowledge changes the opinion of people who originally though about getting the season pass or people who originally didnt want it. Afterall, it is incomplete knowledge and it is kind of a gamble but if everything turns out like Hitagi says, are people going to buy it or pass on it?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

osby

Smash Obsessed
wew get salty like you actually knew him. He was constantly physically, and financially, exploited by his family and strangers for profit for the last decade. Literally, no one cared for him.
Your last sentence is objectively false, considering the reactions you've received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom