• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double K

Smash Lord
Apparently Cygames has been asking people if they were interested in a Steam release of GBF, so hopefully that actually happens. It'll attract a lot more of the western demographic. Despite all the negativity surrounding gacha games, GBF is actually pretty good and easily F2P-able. I haven't spent a dime on it since I started playing.
Just as a reminder, somebody in the latest event grinded out 90k crystals in week, for freeeeeeeeeeee

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Crono would be awesome, but if you're going for a nostalgia SNES rep from a dead and unused franchise....why him and not you know Geno? The one fans clamored for forever?

And let's be real Square cares about the Chrono series about as much as they care about Super Mario RPG. It's sad but true.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah, there is a shocking amount of diversity in the cast, with gender, sexuality and body types.

Note, the other transgirl, while the story takes jabs at her, the point is usually "Those people are usually horrible people" and each of her story arcs affirms what she says she is.

That Cagliostro is the cutest, perfect, Genius Alchemist~ Teehee~
Damn dude. You know what? If you have the time go ahead and shoot me a PM. Would be fun to discuss what this game has. Didn't know about any of this!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Crono would be awesome, but if you're going for a nostalgia SNES rep from a dead and unused franchise....why him and not you know Geno? The one fans clamored for forever?

And let's be real Square cares about the Chrono series about as much as they care about Super Mario RPG. It's sad but true.
I can let you down talk KH.

I can let you get triggered about our silly argument.

But now, I REFUSE to believe anyone would asks that question... Fisher...Please... don't hurt my soul :drsad:

Also SE still re-release Chrono trigger tons of time pls...Also let's not talk about Chrono Cross

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Okay, I'll give you that one. Though I'd still hesitate to call an ad like this a hint toward anything.
The hint is that the only one who can extinguish the fire is Katalina with her ice powers :troll:

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Finally! I was concerned that the internet had failed me on this one, but it only took an hour or two longer than I expected for this mash-up to happen.

Of course, there's also a version with Guile's theme

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, there is a shocking amount of diversity in the cast, with gender, sexuality and body types.

Note, the other transgirl, while the story takes jabs at her, the point is usually "Those people are usually horrible people" and each of her story arcs affirms what she says she is.

Looks like Japan has come a long way from "Lesbianism is just a phase", which was a belief they held until not too long ago.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I just realized something that didn't return that hasn't been mentioned.

The newcomers besides Inkling dont get unique art posters anymore, and that saddens me alot. I just realized those were gone and now I really miss them.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Finally! I was concerned that the internet had failed me on this one, but it only took an hour or two longer than I expected for this mash-up to happen.

I really love that commercial, but it felt like it was missing something.
All these music edits are filling that hole.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can let you down talk KH.

I can let you get triggered about our silly argument.

But now, I REFUSE to believe anyone would asks that question... Fisher...Please... don't hurt my soul :drsad:

Also SE still re-release Chrono trigger tons of time pls...Also let's not talk about Chrono Cross
I never talked down Kingdom Hearts though?

I've never once done that, maybe you took conversations between us to mean that, but I certainly never talked down Kingdom Hearts. I told the truth about how much and how important Disney is and matters to it though and that isn't talking it down.

Also Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross are beloved video games, but in the grand scheme of things they're not like...Kingdom Hearts level or Dragon Quest level in terms of staying power by the sheer fact after Chrono Cross the series just.....stalled.

Chrono Cross was in 1999.

The Chrono series will be dead for 20 years next year.

Chrono Trigger gets re-released sure, but....a re-release don't really equal Square caring about the franchise. If they cared about it or the profits from it? We'd have long had a new installment in that franchise.

As it is? They use Chrono Trigger for the pure nostalgia it has and nothing more.

And occasionally rely on the weirdos like me who enjoyed Cross just as much as Trigger.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies

but Chrono Cross is better than Chrono Trigger? why wouldn't we talk about it?

There are dozens of us! Dozens!

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Oh my god, All-Star fits that trailer too well.

Now where's the "You Say Run" mash-up?

Double K

Smash Lord
Damn dude. You know what? If you have the time go ahead and shoot me a PM. Would be fun to discuss what this game has. Didn't know about any of this!
Feel free to hit me pu with the qustions because I come here at random and leave when a friend of mine tells me of something funny going on. I got dinner to make

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Oh my god, All-Star fits that trailer too well.

Now where's the "You Say Run" mash-up?
Can’t believe that hasn’t been done yet

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314

I never knew I wanted something so bad until i saw this (I also saw the Guile version) God this fanbase can be so amazing too:ness:

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
I never talked down Kingdom Hearts though?

I've never once done that, maybe you took conversations between us to mean that, but I certainly never talked down Kingdom Hearts. I told the truth about how much and how important Disney is and matters to it though and that isn't talking it down.

Also Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross are beloved video games, but in the grand scheme of things they're not like...Kingdom Hearts level or Dragon Quest level in terms of staying power by the sheer fact after Chrono Cross the series just.....stalled.

Chrono Cross was in 1999.

The Chrono series will be dead for 20 years next year.

Chrono Trigger gets re-released sure, but....a re-release don't really equal Square caring about the franchise. If they cared about it or the profits from it? We'd have long had a new installment in that franchise.

As it is? They use Chrono Trigger for the pure nostalgia it has and nothing more.

And occasionally rely on the weirdos like me who enjoyed Cross just as much as Trigger.
goddamn
but seriously though, i felt chrono trigger was a once-in-a-lifetime game
a one and done experience

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Lol I'm reading this character's lore and it's amazing. Literally the centuries-old body-swapping creator of alchemy in this universe, doesn't that mean she's pretty important to the lore? And it implies that alchemy in this universe was invented specifically to get her into a female body lmao

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm not up to date but please don't tell me someone watched the trailer in reverse for clues.
No, the Japanese version of that trailer runs in reverse.

For no apparent reason except maybe that's it's cool.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've never once gotten ''triggered" by you either Nekoo Nekoo

You should probably stop trying to give yourself so much power. :urg:

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
You know, this reminds me of one of my favorite parts of NieR

It's crazy how everyone's view of Katalina changed so quickly. I mean, I was always fine with her. But now everyone doesn't seem to mind.

NOTE: that **** doesn't necessarily mean what you think it does. it could mean "kill" too...
Sweat Journey.png

Mommy...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
We did and it was dumb.

I'm not up to date but please don't tell me someone watched the trailer in reverse for clues.
Nah, there's an official version of the trailer that starts at the end and goes backwards towards the beginning.
In fact, they even edited all the sound effects to play correctly while in the reverse version.
I believe Graizen thinks it's a hint for Crono from Chrono Trigger.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Nah, there's an official version of the trailer that starts at the end and goes backwards towards the beginning.
In fact, they even edited all the sound effects to play correctly while in the reverse version.
I believe Graizen thinks it's a hint for Crono from Chrono Trigger.
I think he's grasping at straws

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Imagine having Dolphin Shoals in Smash Ultimate and have it play in New Donk City while fighting. SOOO JUICY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom