• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can't believe I'm actually dustsing off this account I made when these forums were locked to members to view, to respond to someone

Look, it's not that Katalina is super hot that is why she's cool. That's a bonus. Katalina is a cool character who has a design that screams gallant in a game that is largely lacking it. Lucina and Corrin don't have the same design notes, both going for an anime main character aesthetic, while Katalina's design looks like that best friend that a protagonist would get very early on.

People find knightly looking girls are ****ing awesome. People find it hot. She's a girl in armor, something that Smash doesn't have-- ****, we don't have a guy in actually decent armor, really.
It saddens me immensely that Chrom doesn't have a Great Lord alt. The armor is glorious.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
Isaac bibbas be like, "I'm going to play Super Smash Flash 2 exclusively from now on"

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Katalina is called Onee-sama by the game's resident lesbian yandere, Vira Lillie

She literally calls her 'onee-sama~' when fawning over her
And that JRPG/anime trope upsets me greatly.

There's a reason Camilla is my least favorite FE character ever.

Double K

Smash Lord
I only understood like half those words...
Basically, Vira is so gay that her sisterly like admiration for Katalina evolved into a self-destructively obsessive love, but they keep the sisterly-admiration for her, just amped up to dangerous levels.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Katalina is called Onee-sama by the game's resident lesbian yandere, Vira Lillie
You know it would be really cool if we got an anime that portrayed all these dumb archetypes as legitimately abusive. It would be a very interesting deperture from the lighthearted tone that they are generally used in.

Double K

Smash Lord
You know it would be really cool if we got an anime that portrayed all these dumb archetypes as legitimately abusive. It would be a very interesting deperture from the lighthearted tone that they are generally used in.
Oh, Granblue does that. That's literally the development of Vira's chraacter, from creepy, obvious but in the closet lesbian who can't and refuses to interact with anyone but Katalina, to realizing that her obsession is ultimately fruitless and she needs to open up more to others.

It just took possession of a local deity to put her into a temporary coma to reflect on herself to realize it.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
y'all went "yay" when we got zero custom moves
but me
i shed a tear
i went full on bawling when i found out none of the custom moves got incorporated into a character's existing specials

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It saddens me immensely that Chrom doesn't have a Great Lord alt. The armor is glorious.
It really boggles my mind that they don't have promoted class alts for the FE cast. Robin and Lucy I can live without because I think their default looks are better, but no Great Lord Chrom or Vanguard Ike is borderline criminal.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I only understood like half those words...
Allow me:
Yandere: Crazy and Obsessive person, usually (but not always) hyper focused on a single romantic interest; generally female​
Onee: Big Sister (pronounced O-neh, not O-nee)​
-sama: Honorific denoting (perceived) higher status (used in place of Lord/Lady/milord/milady, for example)​
EDIT: "Yandere" is an extension of the "Tsundere" character archetype, "Tsun-tsun" means Aloof and "Dere-dere" means Lovestruck, it refers to someone (usually a girl) uncomfortable with their feelings for another person, who acts out to mask it. "Yan" is a variant of the Japanese word for "Sick", so "Sick and Lovestruck"

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
You'd think Isaac fans at least would have learned their lesson from Smash 4. Then again most people didn't seem to have their hopes that high until the Grinch came along.
Learned our lesson? Us wanting Isaac in got him back in the game. Sure it’s only as an assist trophy, but Sakurai noticed the demand and brought him back. That’s fine. Hopefully Nintendo sees people still give a damn about the series and we can get a new GS game. That’s the main reason we wanted him in the game. To bring attention back to the series in any way possible.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
It's not a joke , this reminds me alot of Chrono Trigger.

And why put the trailer Backwards? No reason at all?

This looks like a Hint.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
It really boggles my mind that they don't have promoted class alts for the FE cast. Robin and Lucy I can live without because I think their default looks are better, but no Great Lord Chrom or Vanguard Ike is borderline criminal.
we just need to wait for a team who will mod smash ultimate to play exactly like melee (again) and give us all the alts we want

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lords on Horses > Lords off Horses

with the exception of Eliwuss vs Hector. Hector is top 5 lord-types
At least Chrom can reclass to Paladin. :p

Speaking of which though, I'd totally take the Paladin version of Chrom they put into Heroes as an alt in Smash as well.

Seriously, Nintendo and/or Sakurai, there is a definite market for DLC character costumes ripe for the tapping.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Learned our lesson? Us wanting Isaac in got him back in the game. Sure it’s only as an assist trophy, but Sakurai noticed the demand and brought him back. That’s fine. Hopefully Nintendo sees people still give a damn about the series and we can get a new GS game. That’s the main reason we wanted him in the game. To bring attention back to the series in any way possible.
Nonono, I think it's great for people to support characters they like.

What I meant was people shouldn't assume a character is playable because of a missing assist trophy.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
y'all went "yay" when we got zero custom moves
but me
i shed a tear
i went full on bawling when i found out none of the custom moves got incorporated into a character's existing specials
seriously why does bowser still have no fire shot x breath or dash slam/slash
why does ganon still have all his default specials despite all of his customs literally being better in the fairest way
i weep into the void, for there is no answer

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
seriously why does bowser still have no fire shot x breath or dash slam/slash
why does ganon still have all his default specials despite all of his customs literally being better in the fairest way
i weep into the void, for there is no answer
Funny thing about ganon is that literally all of his moves are good, he's just a bad character due to his poor speed and mobility. Customs probably wouldn't even save him

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
At least Chrom can reclass to Paladin. :p

Speaking of which though, I'd totally take the Paladin version of Chrom they put into Heroes as an alt in Smash as well.

Seriously, Nintendo and/or Sakurai, there is a definite market for DLC character costumes ripe for the tapping.
Oh right, Great Lord isn't actually mounted, isn't it?

****, why did I think that? Was I thinking of Ephraim or Sigurd when I typed that? fml

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Japan hates Mortal Kombat, I don't. :shades:

Perhaps they don't like the Asian caricatures.
I assume it's the extreme violence. Even in No More Heroes, a Japan-made game, or several modern Fist of the North Star games, the international versions get blood and violence, while the Japanese version (for No More Heroes, at least) has characters exploding into black dust.

Double K

Smash Lord
I assume it's the extreme violence. Even in No More Heroes, a Japan-made game, or several modern Fist of the North Star games, the international versions get blood and violence, while the Japanese version (for No More Heroes, at least) has characters exploding into black dust.
Are there even MC cabinets in Japan in this day and age?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
With the new commercial, imagine if some of the fights are used in World of Light?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Funny thing about ganon is that literally all of his moves are good, he's just a bad character due to his poor speed and mobility. Customs probably wouldn't even save him
Well his up B is ass, so maybe fix that.

I wish they gave him the diagonal air down-B, because that was a really nice recovery option to have.

Heck, I wished they reworked him entirely, but that's another topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom