• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
Funny thing about ganon is that literally all of his moves are good, he's just a bad character due to his poor speed and mobility. Customs probably wouldn't even save him
the warlock blade, wizard's dropkick, and dark fists DREAM is dead

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh, Granblue does that. That's literally the development of Vira's chraacter, from creepy, obvious but in the closet lesbian who can't and refuses to interact with anyone but Katalina, to realizing that her obsession is ultimately fruitless and she needs to open up more to others.

It just took possession of a local deity to put her into a temporary coma to reflect on herself to realize it.

Oh we stan. Interesting to know that GBF...doesn't make the girls sexuality just bait or a joke, then?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Well his up B is ***, so maybe fix that.

I wish they gave him the diagonal air down-B, because that was a really nice recovery option to have.

Heck, I wished they reworked him entirely, but that's another topic.
His up-b isn't all too bad. It can kill off the top. It's a bad offensive move off stage because you have 4 years to tech it, but in general it goes decently high for a heavy.

Double K

Smash Lord
Oh we stan. Interesting to know that GBF...doesn't make the girls sexuality just bait or a joke, then?
Generally speaking, Granblue's writing is pretty respectful. Even the transwoman who is a joke by her design, is still written with a great deal of respect.

IT IS

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
It really boggles my mind that they don't have promoted class alts for the FE cast. Robin and Lucy I can live without because I think their default looks are better, but no Great Lord Chrom or Vanguard Ike is borderline criminal.
Heck, not even Hoshido Noble Male Corrin (One of my favorite costumes in Warriors).

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure it's reversed to show the banner coming together. The normal one just ends on a smash ball.
Y'all are looking too much into this lol

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Generally speaking, Granblue's writing is pretty respectful. Even the transwoman who is a joke by her design, is still written with a great deal of respect.

IT IS

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Means a lot to me that they write the transwoman respectfully. Even though the design is, like that...if they write her well, I take what I can get! Thanks for letting me know.

I have no way of getting into GBF at the moment, but I'll really consider it. I like Katalina and I'm enjoying the sudden diversity.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
His up-b isn't all too bad. It can kill off the top. It's a bad offensive move off stage because you have 4 years to tech it, but in general it goes decently high for a heavy.
:cry: dark fists
"a two-hit attack with better horizontal reach, armor, and very potent power, giving him impressive protection against edgeguarders if used as a recovery and a very effective out-of-shield option, something that he lacks"

kill me

bonus: wizard's dropkick
"weaker, cannot meteor smash, and has slightly more ending lag when performed in the air, it is excellent against projectiles and for recovery, acting as a superior version of Flame Choke's recovery that does not leave him helpless while allowing Ganondorf to fly over projectiles while attacking"

aaaaahh

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
:cry: dark fists
"a two-hit attack with better horizontal reach, armor, and very potent power, giving him impressive protection against edgeguarders if used as a recovery and a very effective out-of-shield option, something that he lacks"

kill me

bonus: wizard's dropkick
"weaker, cannot meteor smash, and has slightly more ending lag when performed in the air, it is excellent against projectiles and for recovery, acting as a superior version of Flame Choke's recovery that does not leave him helpless while allowing Ganondorf to fly over projectiles while attacking"

aaaaahh
I would hardly call dark fists a good out of shield option

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Wow i post raves about the Bohemian Rhapsody movie, jokingly suggest Freddie Mercury for smash, and then the internet responds by setting a leaked trailer to Don't Stop me Now.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Chrono Trigger.
They use time to go to the Past and Future.
Square Enix Game.
First DLC.
The Game Awards is near.
Also nobody guessed him in Hitagi's thread, and she did say that she heard about characters from "lesser-known" franchises. I can't think of any other big video game that involves going back in time like that, I mean yes there are some with time travel like EarthBound and Mario's Time Machine but nothing really as important to the plot or as cult classic-tier as Chrono Trigger.

Still, I'm not sure this is a hint. Could be referring to some unseen mode or aspect of the game, or it's just a marketing thing.

Double K

Smash Lord
Means a lot to me that they write the transwoman respectfully. Even though the design is, like that...if they write her well, I take what I can get! Thanks for letting me know.

I have no way of getting into GBF at the moment, but I'll really consider it. I like Katalina and I'm enjoying the sudden diversity.
Yeah, there is a shocking amount of diversity in the cast, with gender, sexuality and body types.

Note, the other transgirl, while the story takes jabs at her, the point is usually "Those people are usually horrible people" and each of her story arcs affirms what she says she is.

That Cagliostro is the cutest, perfect, Genius Alchemist~ Teehee~

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Heck, not even Hoshido Noble Male Corrin (One of my favorite costumes in Warriors).
That'd be nice to.

On the flipside, I'm admittedly a little glad female Nohr Noble isn't in so I don't have to deal with even more people whining over her "uneccesary" censorship.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
if crono from chrono trigger gets in, i will play chrono cross with my eyeballs

Last edited:

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
That'd be nice to.

On the flipside, I'm admittedly a little glad female Nohr Noble isn't in so I don't have to deal with even more people whining over her "uneccesary" censorship.
smash corrin is an improvement over canon corrin
i love thighs and all but rly, who thought exposed thighs would be a good idea for ms military commanding MC
like, is she just wearing a shirt and thigh highs, while walking around in granny panties

Last edited:

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks

Apparently Cygames has been asking people if they were interested in a Steam release of GBF, so hopefully that actually happens. It'll attract a lot more of the western demographic. Despite all the negativity surrounding gacha games, GBF is actually pretty good and easily F2P-able. I haven't spent a dime on it since I started playing.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Funny though how our last two non-dlc characters were fire users.
I still can't believe Pirahna plant doesn't have fire in his moveset.
We got three Mario characters who all spit fire balls quite frequently, and yet Ridley's the one to end up with the attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom