• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

To whom it may consern: despite the fact that they do not use them, :ultmewtwo:, :ultrosalina: and :ultdarksamus: still have feet, so the rule still applies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I actually wouldn't mind a new Fire Emblem anime as long as it's
A.) chronological via (1, 3, 2, 4, 5, 7, 6, 8, the rest is history) or (1, 3, 13 and other continent-based ones)
B.) faithful (**** off OVA all you did was make gordin a funny meme)
C.) not extremely flashy
Yeah I totally agree, but uhh
What's that gotta do with Roy being buff af for a 15 year old kid who stays in-doors and reads books all day?

D

Deleted member

send pics don't actually send pics

this makes me deeply uncomfortable. it's like those pictures of the mario and sonic fonts switched around.
Even if i wanted to send picks, i wouldn’t be able to do so.

I have made myself a code about the things that i can’t do online. And one of those things is posting IRL pictures, unless they are an update of my collection or a new purchase that i made.

I will never post a picture where i am seen.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think so too, if you watch any reaction videos of Chrom, the general reaction was "oh.. another Fire Emblem character". They went too far with their add an ad idea. Though I think Chrom got in because simply he was an easy clone.
That is definitely not true. From the ones I saw, the reactions ranged from "another Fire Emblem character...oh **** it's Chrom!" to D1 literally crying in excitement. Most, from what I saw, were a mild "neat" at worst, to genuine hype at best, followed by some confusion over who he was echoing.

It's fine if you don't like the series, but to say Chrom garnered an over-all mixed to negative reaction is blatant revisionism.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah I totally agree, but uhh
What's that gotta do with Roy being buff af for a 15 year old kid who stays in-doors and reads books all day?
Nothing, you just mentioned the anime and I wanted to add onto it. :090: Is that such a crime to you? Am I being detained?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That is definitely not true. From the ones I saw, the reactions ranged from "another Fire Emblem character...oh **** it's Chrom!" to D1 literally crying in excitement. Most, from what I saw, was a mild "neat" at worst, to genuine hype at best, followed by some confusion over who he was echoing.

It's fine if you don't like the series, but to say Chrom garnered an over-all mixed to negative reaction is blatant revisionism.
D1 cried over Chrom? That's...that's heartwarming lol
Even I was happy for the guy. Though I covered it up by booing at him.

Just about everyone was at least decently glad for Chrom.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Watching the matches, you gotta love moments like these:

I can't wait to see what other fun instances pops up once we all get the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tbh IF (big if) the leaks are real then man... I really hope theres a second dlc wave

None of the leaked characters interest me. Rex/Pyra and Elma are my only most wanteds who weren't deconfirmed (and even then Rex is as good as dead)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Can I just say I hate the black screen blur effect for the Mii Fighters on the Vs screen?

It's like they've witnessed a crime and went into witness protection, but still wanna give an interview about it on Dateline NBC.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Tbh IF (big if) the leaks are real then man... I really hope theres a second dlc wave

None of the leaked characters interest me. Rex/Pyra and Elma are my only most wanteds who weren't deconfirmed (and even then Rex is as good as dead)
I feel that.
Steve gets me HYYPPPEEEDDD but the Squenix rep isn't too likely to be Geno and the only plausible Namco rep I'm a fan of is Heihachi who's less likely than Lloyd imo.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Where have we gone to as a community when the most in topic is regarding the requirement of feet in order to get into Smash?

Also that's a very dumb fan rule...

D

Deleted member

Where have we gone to as a community when the most in topic is regarding the requirement of feet in order to get into Smash?

I find it pointless too.

Heck, Bowsy/Bowser Jr. doesn’t use the feets at all.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
If they do add Steve in Smash, I hope they give the options to send skins from your Minecraft game into Smash.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I think so too, if you watch any reaction videos of Chrom, the general reaction was "oh.. another Fire Emblem character". They went too far with their add an ad idea. Though I think Chrom got in because simply he was an easy clone.
I don't think Nintedno needs to advertise 3 house, everyone knows about Fire Emblem now. It's riskier now to make a FE charcater as DLC, I don't see many would be thrilled by that.
Nah everyone was pretty happy (for the most part) for Chrom and his fans since he got screwed over for 4

D

Deleted member

Daisy confirmed faster than Sonic.

She can outrun Black Holes.
OK WELL UM ACHTUALLY SONIC DOES THE SAME THING IN SONIC COLORS YOU OBVIOUSLY NEVER PLAYED THE GAME PROBABLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRED AN IQ HIGHER THEN 10. COME BACK WHEN YOU'VE WATCHED MORE JOHNNY TEST AND THEN I'LL CONSIDER YOU WORTHY OF A CONVERSATION

obvious jjoke

D

Deleted member

It started as a joke
I never meant it to go any further than the original post

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Watching the matches, you gotta love moments like these:

I can't wait to see what other fun instances pops up once we all get the game.
Daisy is seriously something else in this game

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
D1 cried over Chrom? That's...that's heartwarming lol
Even I was happy for the guy. Though I covered it up by booing at him.

Just about everyone was at least decently glad for Chrom.
People in general like underdog stories. He was a character who lots of people wanted in 4 who got denied so hard he became a meme, so to see him actually, prophetically, "get [his] chance another day" was a neat little moment at worst, and a call for celebration at best.

It's pretty much the same way I saw Ridley. I'm not a Metroid fan in the slightest, but man was I happy to see him defy the odds.

Wambo

Smash Ace

I'm trying really hard to keep my hopes down with the DLC. I'm expecting Steve and more boring anime characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Klonoa would be amazing, especially if we get Geno.

#BluishBoiSquad
For sure. I wonder if the selection process will go like this:

Nintendo staffer: "Here are Namco character choices we picked."
>list consists of Heihachi, Lloyd, Siegfried/Nightmare and Klonoa
Sakurai: "Hmm...Klonoa."
Nintendo staffer: "Um, why? He hasn't appeared recently."
Sakurai: "The others are not that imaginative for me to work with, so I pick him."

Now, I'm supporting Sukiyapodes for Smash lol
Good luck, everyone else vouches for Arle.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
People in general like underdog stories. He was a character who lots of people wanted in 4 who got denied so hard he became a meme, so to see him actually, prophetically, "get [his] chance another day" was a neat little moment at worst, and a call for celebration at best.

It's pretty much the same way I saw Ridley. I'm not a Metroid fan in the slightest, but man was I happy to see him defy the odds.
Oh definitely. Ultimate had a LOT of underdogs.
Ridley. Daisy. K. Rool. Incineroar. Chrom.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That is definitely not true. From the ones I saw, the reactions ranged from "another Fire Emblem character...oh **** it's Chrom!" to D1 literally crying in excitement. Most, from what I saw, was a mild "neat" at worst, to genuine hype at best, followed by some confusion over who he was echoing.

Do people just forget the fact that Sakurai specifically referred to him as a "highly requested character"?

Honestly, I saw a lot of people who knew nothing about him still be pretty happy if only because of the "Get my chance another day" meme.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
We were hoping for this with Inklings and Mii's. I wouldn't get your hopes up sadly.
Would be fun.
when they were talking about Smash for 3DS being more customizable than the Wii U version, I was thinking about how the 3DS had customizable Robin, Animal Crossing character, and Pokemon Trainer, so I was really hopeful for that feature back then (perhaps foolishly so), but there ought to at least be a wide variety in the palette swaps for Steve?? since that's like the big big thing about him????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom