• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The only thing worse than being an outsider while so many people are apparently insiders is knowing the insider information and not being invited to the fifteen person group chat what the hell guys?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Dixie Kong's coming as DLC, I firmly believe she'll be in a tag-team with Kiddy Kong.

We know the concept was once an idea. It would be a more interesting way to make her unique. And it would complete the cast of playable DKC Trilogy (with its main villain to boot)

Kiddy's even in Dixie's level up spirit form. If Spirits aren't disconfirmations and she's in, you'll see Chunky's younger bro swingin' by her side.
It would be a cool idea yeah. And both can easily be build up from the skeletons of DK and Diddy respectively. So that'd be cool. But am far more looking forward to Dixie being a solo fighter with light weight grappling stuff and having awesome recovery. That's already a concept unique enough to warrant her own character. But I couldn't be opposed to this.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If Dixie Kong's coming as DLC, I firmly believe she'll be in a tag-team with Kiddy Kong.

We know the concept was once an idea. It would be a more interesting way to make her unique. And it would complete the cast of playable DKC Trilogy (with its main villain to boot)

Kiddy's even in Dixie's level up spirit form. If Spirits aren't disconfirmations and she's in, you'll see Chunky's younger bro swingin' by her side.
I'd be fine with it as long as you get the option of fighting solo efficiently if Kiddy's chucked off the stage. Still beats being an Echo.

So basically, Bandana Dee could take over Isabelle's AT role from Smash 4 in a next game? That would suck a lot.
I severely doubt it would get this bad, seeing as the Kirby ATs we have so far are for explicitly D-lister characters (sorry Nightmare, but you're doing jack in Smash).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am again optimistic about Impa because Hyrule Warriors was selling like hotcakes, ported twice, Samus sporting her Other M design which is made by the same developer as Hyrule Warriors, and the huge potential of getting a Hyrule Warriors 2 before the cycle of DLC of Smash Ultimate ends. So yes, I think Impa is a likely candidate, especially since Nintendo is doing the hand picking. Okay, thanks for listening.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Am again optimistic about Impa because Hyrule Warriors was selling like hotcakes, ported twice, Samus sporting her Other M design which is made by the same developer as Hyrule Warriors, and the huge potential of getting a Hyrule Warriors 2 before the cycle of DLC of Smash Ultimate ends. So yes, I think Impa is a likely candidate, especially since Nintendo is doing the hand picking. Okay, thanks for listening.
Silly Diddy. Sakurai doesn't add Zelda newcomers anymore.

This ain't 2001 old man!!!

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Omega Force makes the Warriors games. I think Team Ninja was used for oversight...or something like that.

If you want a character to associate with Team Ninja, you don't go to Impa.

You go to Ryu Hayabusa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNR2jtEElfE

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Omega Force makes the Warriors games. I think Team Ninja was used for oversight...or something like that.

You go to Ryu Hayabusa
Yeah, that's the elephant in the room. OF won't do anything big until he's in, I feel.

The only Koei Tecmo thing we have at all until then is the Yuri AT.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

You go to Ryu Hayabusa
But what if you don't want Ryu Hayabusa and want Impa?

It's also just weird that at first in Melee, about 20% of the roster was a Zelda character and now all of a sudden the franchise gets denied anything.

I mean, Impa should've been a "Echo" since Smash 4. I'd replace her for Dr.Mario because Mario got 2 newcomers in Smash 4 already, and he'd be back for Ultimate anyway because "Everyone Is Here".

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Did you know Piranha Plant directly shows up in the Zelda series?

Did you also know that Manhandla is directly based upon it, having 4 Piranha Plant heads. Literally the description of the Japanese manual.

In other words, Piranha Plant is as close to a Zelda newcomer that we have. :p

Somewhat joking aside, I'd love Tingle(I'd prefer MM, but Toon is fine too), Ganon(ALTTP or bust, imo), or Impa(Oracles style, of course).

KingBroly

Smash Lord
But what if you don't want Ryu Hayabusa and want Impa?
You cry, because unless Sakurai puts old Impa in the game as a goofy-esque character, I don't see it happening.

And I REALLY want Impa to be playable, either her HW or SS iteration.

D

Deleted member

We will get a Bokoblin for the new Zelda rep.

He has an amiibo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You cry, because unless Sakurai puts old Impa in the game as a goofy-esque character, I don't see it happening.

And I REALLY want Impa to be playable, either her HW or SS iteration.
SS could get a HD port on Switch, HW could get a sequel. BotW could get a prequel. I choose to remain hopelessly ignorant optimistic :D

Gks1

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
0697-2103-4616
I'm thinking to use Marth/Lucina, they look great and I like them

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
At this stage, if anyone wants a pig character, even vouching for Pigma Dengar would be a better option. I'm sure a lot of folks would want to punch his face in for what he did to :ultfox:'s dad.
I'd rather pick a far more important character who actually has a lot of magical powers and abilities not shown off from the Zelda series.

The big issue is that there's not many unique Star Fox characters due to non-obvious gameplay. Andross has at least the hand thing going for him, but no physical body, so balance is a large issue. Slippy at least has tons of Machines he's created and can use, allowing for all kinds of unique things. Stuff he's known for too. What does Pigma even do that separates him from the rest of the cast? I mean, Krystal is another option, due to her Staff, but she's out of the running, so...

Plus, Pigma doesn't make sense with a Bokoblin Wind Waker-style alt. Best of both worlds. And even then, how else can we get a decent ALTTP Ganon amiibo?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
SS could get a HD port on Switch, HW could get a sequel. BotW could get a prequel. I choose to remain hopelessly ignorant optimistic :D
Well, they are looking for staff to a new 3D Zelda game, so that's something.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._recruiting_for_a_new_3d_legend_of_zelda_game

I'd rather pick a far more important character who actually has a lot of magical powers and abilities not shown off from the Zelda series.

The big issue is that there's not many unique Star Fox characters due to non-obvious gameplay. Andross has at least the hand thing going for him, but no physical body, so balance is a large issue. Slippy at least has tons of Machines he's created and can use, allowing for all kinds of unique things. Stuff he's known for too. What does Pigma even do that separates him from the rest of the cast? I mean, Krystal is another option, due to her Staff, but she's out of the running, so...

Plus, Pigma doesn't make sense with a Bokoblin Wind Waker-style alt. Best of both worlds. And even then, how else can we get a decent ALTTP Ganon amiibo?
I'm sure Sakurai would come up with something. Lacking uniques wouldn't hurt SF too much since it's not exactly gorging with characters.

Besides, there's still the issue of knowing whether or not Sakurai thinks simply having Ganondorf turn into a Ganon is good enough.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I don't see how they could port SS to the Switch

I also don't see who would be happy with it

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I think Nintendo being at the helm boosts chibi robo's chances considerably tbh

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Also the Fatal Frame assist trophy.
Fatal Frame is co-owned by Koei Tecmo and Nintendo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think Nintendo being at the helm boosts chibi robo's chances considerably tbh
I don't see how. They seem to have swept the little guy under the rug.

I love the little dude but he's from a series that's far from consistent, never mind successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom