• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Alright, since this speculation cycle is over, I guess it's time to come clean.

I'm @papagenos original source. I am NOT his Microsoft source, I'm the one who told him about Spirits and how they function.

Much like him, I was approached by someone, though for me it was via Discord, who was VERY forceful on pawning this info off on me. I don't know 'who' this person is nor would I remember them since it was from, back in September? August?, but I told him what I had been told by them, which was "Spirits are like Stickers, also Kencineroar is truth."

I didn't necessarily 'believe' it, but at the same time, in the end, it ended up being true so, eh? I have really no idea why that Discord fella spilled their guts to me but..... okay I guess.

So yeah, I'm his OG source, and he can back up what I have to say. I didn't know anything else besides the Spirit thing and Kencineroar, which seemed to be more or less gospel by that point.
Oh, Shroob... you little...

Last edited:
how is considering the possibility, especially when we have a somewhat relaible source, cocky?

i'm not saying its 100% going to happen, i'm just saying that just saying "No" when someone asks a question no one can really answer is kind of dickish
This.

It stifles discussion, some believe they know more than what they really do to appear more authoritative and important than what they really are.

I don't think we will get a second wave of DLC as the roster is massive enough as is. And based on what we know it seems that the upcoming DLC is the last hurrah so to speak. But who knows, stranger things have happened in Smash before.

Lets wait and see with what we get first and then go from there! :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just caught up with the thread.
So there’s this elite group of insiders that get to have secret knowledge, while us common-folk, us PEASANTS are left in the dark. This just isn’t fair! Why don’t I get any info, any unrevealed knowledge, huh?

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
Alright, thanks. Probably should have put "do you think there will be Ultimate DLC wave 2" instead of just "will there be Ultimate DLC wave 2".

IMO, I can see Wave 2 happening, but I don't think it'll happen soon after Wave 1, or if ever. The devs need a break after spending another whole year on the game. Though you can tell that to those holding out hope for an "Assist Trophy Promotion Pack" lol.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Alright, thanks. Probably should have put "do you think there will be Ultimate DLC wave 2" instead of just "will there be Ultimate DLC wave 2".

IMO, I can see Wave 2 happening, but I don't think it'll happen soon after Wave 1, or if ever. The devs need a break after spending another whole year on the game. Though you can tell that to those holding out hope for an "Assist Trophy Promotion Pack" lol.
Plot twist: the Assist Trophies to be upgraded will be Sukapon, Nintendogs Poodle, and Guile

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing the possibility of a second wave, but I feel like a few people are banking on it becoming a reality. Way too soon to assume anything aside from what's already confirmed by Sakurai himself.

I'll just leave it at this. Hope for the best and expect the worst. Otherwise, this thread will be just as salty as they were on November 1st.

max_0888

Smash Cadet
I was wondering the same thing. I would have been sure that Chun Li would be the AT trophy before Guille.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Cool armor my butt. This guy went for style and I hope style blocks weapons.
With muscle like that, armor is just an accessory. Swords cutting through well-toned muscle (which is basically like steel if you were to consult with Dragon Ballologists) is absolutely FAKE SCIENCE.

D

Deleted member

I know that we usually investigate leaks and Smash stuff here....

But for the love of the Chozos, we sound like Sherlock Holmes or Conan right now.

D

Deleted member

You guys expecting a second wave of DLC are gonna be real disappointed.
But for real, why the hell did we get Guile instead of Chun Li?
I'm pretty sure it was a matter of making the AT more unique. Chun Li would definitely go around kicking as an offensive AT but Guile has an unique pattern, staying put and counterattacking or releasing projectiles.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Because Guile, much like his theme, makes anything better...
Guile's theme can stay but he needs to get back to his new job of stylish TSA agent.

Because Guile can camp and flash kick you, while chun-li cannot.
There's no time for camping when you're crushing the competition between your thighs.

Cos of this:

How antithetical to the meme that Guile's theme only goes with Guile.

D

Deleted member

Guile's theme can stay but he needs to get back to his new job of stylish TSA agent.

There's no time for camping when you're crushing the competition between your thighs.

How antithetical to the meme that Guile's theme only goes with Guile.
Ok but can Chun-li do this?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure it was a matter of making the AT more unique. Chun Li would definitely go around kicking as an offensive AT but Guile has an unique pattern, staying put and counterattacking or releasing projectiles.
Pretty selective for popularity to stop short at Street Fighter after getting Alucard, Zero and Knuckles. :/

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, let me see if I got this right:

The current stance on things is that Sakurai is playing 4D chess with everyone, while the leakers are somewhat uncertain of the moves they made to the point that they barely moved their pawns recently. Is this an accurate assessment?

yeah he did. give me thirty more mario characters and i'll be happy
I'd argue that the only "necessary" ones left are Pauline, Waluigi, Captain Toad, and maybe Birdo.

i've said this b4 since DQV is my fav JRPG ever

Although my idea of a final smash would be giving him 3 alternate ones revolving one of 3 wives he can marry doing there finishing moves

075.jpg

It's almost a crime there's no DQ Heroes III yet, Deborah is great.

That's the best stance to take, honestly. While I severely doubt they'll promote Assist Trophies, I could see them take a break for a good while, not only to rest, but to also plan things out more thoroughly.

It would seem extremely weird for them to stop, although I do think that DLC after the initial period could clash with Sakurai's "one and done" game dev methods/mindset from the old days. But who knows, he might be open to continuing at some point. In the meantime, it would give enough time for players to refine their craft and point out any issues.

But seriously though, don't expect any AT promotions, it didn't happen last time, so why would that change now.

But for real, why the hell did we get Guile instead of Chun Li?
He took one for the team, for he is a family man!

I know that we usually investigate leaks and Smash stuff here....

But for the love of the Chozos, we sound like Sherlock Holmes or Conan right now.
Now you know how the Shantae thread has felt for the last few months. Just pray it'll lead to a more favorable outcome for this one.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Y'all raise some interesting points.

But until Jackie Chan plays your suggestion, you can eat it. :awesome:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I doubt there will be a second DLC pass. I think maybe we may get another DLC character as like a bonus or something... Maybe an echo fighter of one of the DLC characters.... Dare I boldly say another Smash ballot

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Morning, what did I miss? We investigating something?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It turns out everybody except me is an insider.
Not me, I'm too lazy to be an insider.

Dare I boldly say another Smash ballot
Only problem is, they'd need to handle that with a lot more tact. They need to be more open about what it's for (and not leave the reason for it as a fine print on the Japanese side like last time).

Even more troublesome, if this indeed is the only DLC wave we're getting, people would feel cheated if they pull a ballot out of the blue and accuse the staff of lying, when things like Splatoon get DLC without much of an issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom