• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Remember when Sakurai said we would know all the fighters before release?

Do you think that encompassed the DLC fighters?

I imagine him wanting to do surprising trailers like they did for Smash 4. I can't see those trailers being done before release though.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master

I imagine him wanting to do surprising trailers like they did for Smash 4.
Maybe Sakurai is leaking the characters...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I imagine him wanting to do surprising trailers like they did for Smash 4. I can't see those trailers being done before release though.
That'd be cool, maybe that's why they're being extra-secretive.

Maybe Sakurai is leaking the characters...
*insert picture of Sakurai with glowing eyes here*

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
now, here's the most compelling argument against DLC wave 2

how can sakurai work on a sequel to kid icarus uprising if he's working on ultimate dlc??

ErenJager

Smash Champion

how can sakurai work on a sequel to kid icarus uprising if he's working on ultimate dlc??
How can Sakurai work on Smash Ultimate DLC in 2020 when he will be making Smash Ultimate - Ultimate Edition for the new 4k Nintendo Switch?

D

Deleted member

Your first mistake was assuming Kid Icarus: Uprising will get a sequel within our human lifetime.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Sure, but it’d be weird to have him with Goku, given recent news

View attachment 177227
If we're going to have British music in Smash, then I say Led Zeppelin would be hype on so many levels.

Well, Freddie was technically from Zanzibar (Tanzania) first, but he moved to England soon, so eh.

I can't not think of that image when I think of Freddie now, though.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
im just saying its incredibly pessimistic to completely rule out no second wave of dlc so soon, and this is me we're talking about
Y'all we don't even have wave 1 yet. Relax.

It's still a possibility we get a season 2 since the first season was said to potentially last up to 2020. Nobody will make a decision on season 2 for a good while.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hello, Im awake, Im cold, And im ****ing hungry. Any smash stuff happend?
Nah, people are just messing around right now.

In the meantime, when's the Rare stuff we're supposed to hear about later today?

It's still a possibility we get a season 2 since the first season was said to potentially last up to 2020. Nobody will make a decision on season 2 for a good while.
The most excellent stance to take. Let's simply wait until mid to late 2020 before seeing if anything happens. Who is in this wave is the main concern.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
If we're going to have British music in Smash, then I say Led Zeppelin would be hype on so many levels.

Well, Freddie was technically from Zanzibar (Tanzania) first, but eh.
British music? I thought "Message in a Bottle" was confirmed for Animal Crossing stages?

Iridium

Smash Hero
British music? I thought "Message in a Bottle" was confirmed for Animal Crossing stages?
Well, then non-videogame music. The Who could work too...

Maybe the Rolling Stones, but that depends on what records you look at. My British senses are tingling.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
Your first mistake was assuming Kid Icarus: Uprising will get a sequel within our human lifetime.
i'm feeling as optimistic as those guys who believe Bandanna Waddle Dee is DLC because he seemingly wasn't a Spirit and an AT (which probably would've been him tossing health pickups like in Triple Deluxe)

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
i'm feeling as optimistic as those guys who believe Bandanna Waddle Dee is DLC because he seemingly wasn't a Spirit and an AT (which probably would've been him tossing health pickups like in Triple Deluxe)
He COULD be a fusion spirit...

Waddle Dee + something else with a bandana?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So basically, Bandana Dee could take over Isabelle's AT role from Smash 4 in a next game? That would suck a lot.

D

Deleted member

Hello, Im awake, Im cold, And im ****ing hungry. Any smash stuff happend?
Smash-wise nothing much, just some people saying they had inside info all along.
The waddle Dee spirit could evolve into a bandana Dee spirit.

ErenJager

Smash Champion

My head theory is there will be a new version of the switch by then, maybe it'll be 4k. Sakurai will be busy porting an ultimate edition of smash onto it.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Well, Freddie was technically from Zanzibar (Tanzania) first, but eh.

I can't not think of that image when I think of Freddie now, though.
:ultsnake:: *sees Freddie appear* “It can’t be! You were killed in Zanzibar...”

osby

Smash Obsessed
So basically, Bandana Dee could take over Isabelle's AT role from Smash 4 in a next game? That would suck a lot.
Did Assist Trophies ever really replaced each other? Like Elec Man to Zero is okay but for different franchises?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If Dixie Kong's coming as DLC, I firmly believe she'll be in a tag-team with Kiddy Kong.

We know the concept was once an idea. It would be a more interesting way to make her unique. And it would complete the cast of playable DKC Trilogy (with its main villain to boot)

Kiddy's even in Dixie's level up spirit form. If Spirits aren't disconfirmations and she's in, you'll see Chunky's younger bro swingin' by her side.

D

Deleted member

The danger of Dante in Smash is the fact that it would open the gate of Hell where MvC3’s Vergil lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom