• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not with Skyword Sword laying around it's not.

It's honestly my favorite. It has aged a bit yes but graphically and control wise nowhere near as bad as the original OoT and MM.
Skyward Sword did set up a whole lot of BotW's new gimmicks. I still love the battle system. It sometimes works as a sort of extra puzzle mechanic, and it's deeply complex because of it. Far better than BotW's boring combat animations. The temples where also AMAZING, as well as the items in the game and the item variety, the story was deeper than usual, the boss battles outside of a couple generic ones where A+, Ghirahim was a very great villain, the stamina mechanic was introduced.. I mean, you gotta appriciate it for what it brought honestly.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the record, I've never been much of a Zelda fan, but I find HW, LttP, Link's Awakening, Oracles and ALBW to be neat.

”Mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!”

2007/2008 memes aside, how are you all fellow Smashers today?
Doing good, I'll most likely play some games to stave off waiting for that Rare panel that'll probably be nothing but Sea of Thieves shilling.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think that i fixed it.

Yes i did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, are there any Smash Ultimate streams happening right now?

Nah fam. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are on the lower end of my Zelda games tier list.

I like Skyward Sword. Fi was annyoing, but other than that, it was a good game.

My Zelda list goes like this:
#1. Breath of The Wild
#2. Majora's Mask
#3. A Link Between Worlds
#4. Ocarina of Time/A Link To The Past
#5. Skyward Sword
If you can get through the wait, there's a Nintendo Live event on the 23rd-24th in Kyoto, Japan. A lot of top players I recognize, just like in Tokyo, are going, so I can tell you're going to see lots of Japan-esque character diversity.

Hey, can anyone tell me what the roster for the Best Buy kiosks is?
Everybody. Seriously, you'll get to try everybody.

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
If you can get through the wait, there's a Nintendo Live event on the 23rd-24th in Kyoto, Japan. A lot of top players I recognize, just like in Tokyo, are going, so I can tell you're going to see lots of Japan-esque character diversity.
Like Ike, Ike, Ike and Ike ?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Crap.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Like Ike, Ike, Ike and Ike ?
For the names I remember right now: Kome for :ultshulk:, Compact for :ultmewtwo:, HIKARU :ultdk:, Abadango for :ultinkling: (no :ultmewtwo:? Sigh…), Suinoko for :ultdiddy:and Fuwa for :ultmarth: among the better ones there. Trusting Kome to get far with Shulk.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

(For clarification i meant "crap" as in "wow" not as in "oh no")

Also, does anybody know how the kiosks are updated? Because I wanna know if my closest Best Buy has it. Does it take a few days, or is it just that they download it on the kiosk, or what?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
For the names I remember right now: Kome for :ultshulk:, Compact for :ultmewtwo:, HIKARU :ultdk:, Abadango for :ultinkling: (no :ultmewtwo:? Sigh…), Suinoko for :ultdiddy:and Fuwa for :ultmarth: among the better ones there. Trusting Kome to get far with Shulk.
Abadango's squid kid is fun to watch tbh

D

Deleted member

I think that i know where the Rare stream happens.

The website is Mixer.

Edit: Here

Last edited by a moderator:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
What do you think about the idea of Outer, Player's Character in Daemon X Machina, being the last DLC character? It would make some sense. Daemon X Machina's release window is just 2019 right now, so the last fighter being early 2020 means that it would be months after the game's release and I'm sure MARVELOUS would work with the Smash team before launch. It would make sense from Nintendo's point of view, just like with Bayo they're promoting an exclusive that might have more installments in the future.
I don't think as a fighter the Outer would be in their Arsenal (their Mech) , as I'm pretty sure it's actually too big. From my measurements, it's about 3.5 times the size of the Outer, who is superhuman, so they're probably either simmilar size to the other human characters in smash or taller. I'm researching a potential moveset for them rn, might do a seperate post about that.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even though it didn't even feel like one, BotW is still my favorite Zelda game hands-down. The emphasis on exploration was so addicting my first time through, and it felt great being able to play however way you wanted. Probably the most innovative Zelda game we've ever gotten.

Though, I suppose that opinion doesn't come as a suprise to anyone. I have all four champions in my signature.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Even though it didn't even feel like one, BotW is still my favorite Zelda game hands-down. The emphasis on exploration was so addicting my first time through, and it felt great being able to play however way you wanted. Probably the most innovative Zelda game we've ever gotten.

Though, I suppose that opinion doesn't come as a suprise to anyone. I have all four champions in my signature.
I'm sad to admit, I love Zelda, yet have never beaten a Zelda game.

D

Deleted member

Got it. Hopefully I'll see some dope :ultridley:,:ultsimon:, and :ultincineroar: gameplay.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Good morning Smash Board friends! I hope you're all doing well today.

Here's to another day of lurking around and enjoying all the fun discussions~

Iridium

Smash Hero
(For clarification i meant "crap" as in "wow" not as in "oh no")

Also, does anybody know how the kiosks are updated? Because I wanna know if my closest Best Buy has it. Does it take a few days, or is it just that they download it on the kiosk, or what?
I might be interpreting your question wrong, but I'm very certain it's downloaded.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
A question guys...

Would you prefer another Pokémon as DLC , or a Digimon as a Namco Bandai rep?
Another Pokémon as DLC

Team Rocket Jessie and James with a Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing team representing not only the anime but also Pokémon Let’s Go.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Even thought the story had so many plotholes, and the ruined kingdom of Hyrule felt sort of empty, weapons breaking, no dungeons, and Impa being completely hideous in this game and definitely underwhelming compared to her Skyward Sword role, I also loved Breath of the Wild! The sense of exploration is just.. too good. And I do love how they said they're taking BotW as a template for the future of Zelda. I really want a new Zelda game announced for this very reason, and it's weird that they didn't already.

D

Deleted member

What? Breath of The Wild absolutely is a Zelda game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Off Topic but..
I wish the Movie is good but I know it wouldnt because Illumination Studios

I hope I am wrong.
If Nintendo wants it to be good, they’ll force Illumination to use more money (and even use their own)
Why this movie when we just need a Mario anime ?
Cause we’ve already been through that decades ago
I'm sad to admit, I love Zelda, yet have never beaten a Zelda game.
I was in the same place as you...before I completed BOTW
Even thought the story had so many plotholes, and the ruined kingdom of Hyrule felt sort of empty, weapons breaking, no dungeons, and Impa being completely hideous in this game and definitely underwhelming compared to her Skyward Sword role, I also loved Breath of the Wild! The sense of exploration is just.. too good. And I do love how they said they're taking BotW as a template for the future of Zelda. I really want a new Zelda game announced for this very reason, and it's weird that they didn't already.
It’s only been over a year since BOTW came out, we gotta wait for another main title game announcement
I still really want a Zelda anime...
Well...you get the Zelda cartoon and the cancelled movie instead

D

Deleted member

Off Topic but..
I wish the Movie is good but I know it wouldnt because Illumination Studios

I hope I am wrong.
This movie is probably going to be completely mediocre and harmless. Everybody is gonna forget about it like a month after it’s released. That’s my prediction anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom