• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
In terms of dating, I'm in my senior year, and if there's anything I learned about High School, it's that your very likely to break up after you graduate from high school (Unless you're in the mid-nineties). So I'll wait until I get some friends.

I don’t know how you think about mooks
Basically, mooks in my eyes are more generic than the named characters in games like Fire Emblem, and a few others.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Let's talk about why Gharnef is literally one of the most slept on Fire Emblem characters.
View attachment 177166
Villain? Yes.
Recurring? One of if not the most.
Sword? Hell no.
Following? You can't defeat Gharnef.

Okay that's enough of me fanboying over old meme icons.
I’ll just stick with Lyn

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Here's my dating story!

Once upon a time, i've never been on a date.

The end.
That's my story too. What a coinkydink :yoshi:
Ya'll are the lucky ones. I wish I hadn't gone on some dates. I'd talk about my dating history but it'd give away too much about myself lol.

Anyways, my DLC predictions are still largely unchanged.
  • SE Rep
  • Microsoft Rep
  • Namco Rep
  • Bethesda Rep
  • Nintendo Promotional Rep

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh if we're sharing dating stories here's mine

The end.

#foreveralone

At this point I won't even be surprised.
You're not alone in being forever alone.

...Wait.
I went to an All-Boy's School; despite being right next to an All-Girls School I didn't interact with the girls all that much, if at all.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
In terms of dating, I'm in my senior year, and if there's anything I learned about High School, it's that your very likely to break up after you graduate from high school (Unless you're in the mid-nineties). So I'll wait until I get some friends.
Well if you go about it with that attitude yeah, a relationship is only as good as the commitment of those involved.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Let's talk about why Gharnef is literally one of the most slept on Fire Emblem characters.
View attachment 177166
Villain? Yes.
Sword? Hell no.

We need a character that breaks the game more than Bayonetta or Brawl MK did.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, Octoling's all I really want, but it probably isn't happening. That's okay, though! I have 71 other fighters that all have a special place in my heart!

...3 of them are ones I do not speak of. I'd name them, but people would probably get mad at me if I did considering who they are, lol.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Graizen drama aside, I’ve been predicting good ol’ Hachi in the Hei-est since the direct, since we didn’t see his Mii costume return or a spirit of him. If we’re truly getting a new Namco rep, my money’s on him.

Maybe they just didn’t show them, but if they really just removed them I’d really raise on eyebrow. The rights shouldn’t be much of an issue is Namco Bandai is helping with Ultimate.
Still unironically betting on Gil. I'll probably be wrong, but I made a decent choice.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Ughhh guys please don't start saying this

Hitagi isn't sure on any of these except for Steve and a Squenix rep
Hitagi isn't even verifiable for Smash specific leaks yet
This this this. I think it just comes down to the fact that a lot of pessimists view Steve and Katalina as heavily-disappointing picks, and Hitagi's connection to Vergeben has them assume the worst where those characters take up the slots of other characters they'd possibly want. For now, it's just people trying to cope with what they view as the worst possible outcome, but it's fair to remind everyone that Steve and Katalina are NOT definitive.

If everyone else wants to make predictions that include Steve and Katalina, so be it, but please consider to include a separate list that has a Square-Enix rep at minimum. The rest should be (educated) guesses. "Possibility A, B, & C" is vastly preferable to just regurgitating the same morose nonsense for more than one can stomach.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
so uhh, ignoring everything else that happened, focusing on the pertinent stuff

If we get a Bandai rep I'm pretty confident in it being Lloyd. Heihachi is a possibility but I have my reasons for thinking he's more unlikely.

Yeah, it's no big deal. I bounced back pretty fast, but it still sucked. I guess it's better to learn it won't work now than later, you know? We'll see how my love life pans out in the next semester or so. I've been keeping my options open, and I guess I'll keep you guys updated as time goes on?
At least you actually found out, which is the positive thing out of all this. A certain level of patience is always good when it comes to this stuff, so it's good you're keeping yourself open!

you had more balls than me is basically what I'm saying

Oh god, now we're talking about dating? I lucked out because my girlfriend (only girl I've ever dated, just as nerdy/more nerdy than me) was not only willing to wait for me because I was almost like an hour late for our first date because the GPS took me to the wrong place with a similar name in Pennsylvania (luckily I realized it was wrong and turned around after 20 minutes), and then the other "first date we went on", she didn't even know it was a date until I offered to pay for dinner. O O F.

Too bad I've still never used the, "I heard you like to Smash" *whips out Gamecube controller. Looking back...I'm kinda glad I haven't, because she'd probably smash my face.

I may seem articulate, and frankly, I am. :awesome:

But I'm also a complete disaster. :laugh:
This is hilarious.

I've had some, uhh, let's say oblivious moments, so I can totally relate.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This this this. I think it just comes down to the fact that a lot of pessimists view Steve and Katalina as heavily-disappointing picks, and Hitagi's connection to Vergeben has them assume the worst where those characters take up the slots of other characters they'd possibly want. For now, it's just people trying to cope with what they view as the worst possible outcome, but it's fair to remind everyone that Steve and Katalina are NOT definitive.

If everyone else wants to make predictions that include Steve and Katalina, so be it, but please consider to include a separate list that has a Square-Enix rep at minimum. The rest should be (educated) guesses. Possibility A, B, & C is vastly preferable to just regurgitating the same morose nonsense for more than one can stomach.
As a devout Steve lover and supporter I am just So Sad....
All jokes aside, yeah, I completely agree.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
View attachment 177166
Villain? Yes.
Sword? Hell no.

I actually wouldn't mind Gharnef, we'd finally get a playable FE villain.
But as for my number one FE character (that hasn't been deconfirmed yet)...
You can probably figure that out

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Here's my dating story!

Once upon a time, i've never been on a date.

The end.
Same with me but I actually enjoy being single. Sure, I do get lonely from time to time but I’m pretty content with my life relationship wise. As for you, I’m sure you’ll find someone eventually. You’re a very upbeat person and that can be hard to find in a person sometimes. Keep your chin up!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually wouldn't mind Gharnef, we'd finally get a playable FE villain.
But as for my number one FE character (that hasn't been deconfirmed yet)...
You can probably figure that out
Oh, i know who it is:

Elliwood.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Same with me but I actually enjoy being single. Sure, I do get lonely from time to time but I’m pretty content with my life relationship wise. As for you, I’m sure you’ll find someone eventually. You’re a very upbeat person and that can be hard to find in a person sometimes. Keep your chin up!
Stay with your ignorance my friend, once you lose what you had you want it even more.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
so uhh, ignoring everything else that happened, focusing on the pertinent stuff

If we get a Bandai rep I'm pretty confident in it being Lloyd. Heihachi is a possibility but I have my reasons for thinking he's more unlikely.
Prefer Lloyd anyways. One Heihachi already was in PSASBR and two he's just another karate fighter like Ryu and Ken.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Bethesda getting a rep would be interesting, though, the choice is an obvious one of three:

Dhovakhin
Vault Boy
Doom Marine

I 'kinda' find Dhovakhin boring(No bulli plz), but I could see it.

Vault Boy would fit in Smash very easily, but you'd have to remove a lot of his more crude/obscene humor, and ALL relation to nukes,

Doom Marine's my personal choice, but 'literal hell' as a stage seems like a big no-no in a E+10 game.........that and RIP AND TEAR. RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS.

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

If everyone else wants to make predictions that include Steve and Katalina, so be it, but please consider to include a separate list that has a Square-Enix rep at minimum. The rest should be (educated) guesses. "Possibility A, B, & C" is vastly preferable to just regurgitating the same morose nonsense for more than one can stomach.
I've kinda been viewing the Steve/Katalina thing as a worst-case scenario. Preparing myself for the worst ahead of time is a lot easier and probably safer in the long term, especially after the whole Grinch leak debacle.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Bethesda getting a rep would be interesting, though, the choice is an obvious one of three:

Dhovakhin
Vault Boy
Doom Marine

I 'kinda' find Dhovakhin boring(No bulli plz), but I could see it.

Vault Boy would fit in Smash very easily, but you'd have to remove a lot of his more crude/obscene humor, and ALL relation to nukes,

Doom Marine's my personal choice, but 'literal hell' as a stage seems like a big no-no in a E+10 game.........that and RIP AND TEAR. RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS.
I would love all 3 of those, but the idea of Sakurai making a moveset for the damn Vault Boy is too hilarious of an idea to pass up. I really want to see what he would come up with.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Vergeben will leak my wedding.
But if he leaked mine then everyone will know how big my wife's bum is D: and also that she has a heart tattoo on her right cheek!

Noooooooo!

*Reads some few pages back*

Ya'll needs to chill out, we're probably getting the Prince... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom