• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Well since we're on the topic of Square reps, if you guys had to guess the 7 characters that Verge has heard, who would you pick? I want to get a better picture of who else people might expect besides the obvious choices.
Sora
Geno
Erdrick
Jade
Neku
Crono
Lara Croft

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I wonder which characters nintendo picked, but the question is whether or not they want to base on the ballot again.
They're not always just about the money, so there could be some good picks in there.

Tho also, their games are good, so marketing picks could be good too :)
I think people are over reading too much into Nintendo making the list frankly. Even Nintendo knows that DLC needs to have a certain level of appeal in order to sell. I doubt it simply going to be lazy picks.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
My guess on the 7 SE characters:

Geno
Sora
Erdrick
Slime
Agnes
Lara
Noctis

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wonder which characters nintendo picked, but the question is whether or not they want to base on the ballot again.
They're not always just about the money, so there could be some good picks in there.

Tho also, their games are good, so marketing picks could be good too :)
That’s why it’s confusing. Nintendo executives aren’t normal gaming executives. They aren’t making decisions solely based on profit and promotion. But they’re also not making purely creative decisions. It’s a real pickle.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That’s why it’s confusing. Nintendo executives aren’t normal gaming executives. They aren’t making decisions solely based on profit and promotion. But they’re also not making purely creative decisions. It’s a real pickle.
Maybe that's what makes it interesting, in a way. I know I'm even more curious to see what ends up being picked, anyway :)
Could be anything! (probably a few for money/markething tho)

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just wanna imagine the conversation with Disney if it is Sora.

Sakurai: .....
Disney: You wish to use Sora, yes?
Sakurai: That is correct.
Disney: I don't know. You guys have a theme park with our competition.
Sakurai: .....
Disney: And there's the fact you haven't let us use Mario in a Wreck It Ralph movie.
Sakurai: Does it...
Disney: Let us finish....and that Mario movie with Illumination Studios and not us. I mean say something that would make us give you Sora.
Sakurai: .......I'm not technically a Nintendo employee?
Disney: ............
-long awkward pause-
Disney: ...........Maybe.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
tbh the only character that has any chance of getting in thats better than slime is dragonlord. he turns into a dragon, its like corrin but not terrible

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Alright, here’s my Fighter Pass wishlist:
-Sora
-Crash
-Bandana Dee
-Rayman
-There’s no one else I didn’t want for base roster for the last one so I don’t care whoever.

Aaaand, here’s my predictions:

-FE 3 Houses character
-Mircosoft character
-Square Enix character
-Namco character
-Mario enemy (Chain Chomp or something)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think people are over reading too much into Nintendo making the list frankly. Even Nintendo knows that DLC needs to have a certain level of appeal in order to sell. I doubt it simply going to be lazy picks.
For sure, they're going to have at least a few that are really popular.
Maybe they have a funny bone too tho ;p

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I mean if it's a list with Geno on it and Sakurai gets to approve it in the end? It's probably Geno folks.

But it doesn't matter since we won't know the list, if we ever do, until after the Squenix rep.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I get you. And you make be right. But Legally, Sora belongs to Disney. Technically Nintendo wouldn’t need to go through Square at all to get him, so if they’re talking to Square, it kind of makes you think it’s not about him.
Yes they would because Disney makes no decisions regarding Sora without involving Square and Nomura. The Vice president of Disney Japan confirmed this(HMK interview) that they always consult Square and Nomura. So if Nintendo wanted to negotiate with Disney regarding Sora in Smash, Disney would not agree unless Nomura and Square were involved.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Say we got a second wave which was soley based on promoting Assists, who would you want promoted?

Honestly I only really personally care for Isaac (started playing Godlen Sun recently and fell in love).

Also Skull Kid supporters were really nice to us Bandana Dee fans so I would like to see them get there chance!
Me personally: Ashley, Lyn, Isaac, Skull Kid, Shovel Knight

For the lulz: Waluigi, Color TV-Game 15, Thwomp, Sheriff, Tingle

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Do you think the Piranha Plant and the first Fighter Pass character will be released at the same time?
Probably as the Fighter Pass is a Season Pass theyll hit the store at the same time, but not all the content will be available from the start.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Is it just me or does Ultimate have more personality than Smash 4?
I'm not trying to knock Smash 4, but the mural and the classic mode screen give Ultimate a very nice "everyone is here" feeling.
Though considering that's the theme of the game I suppose it makes sense.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Nekoo, we're not gonna do this. But we're gonna do this, since you're the only person on here that knows the real ****.

See.
I knew you were a man of extreme culture and taste.

Remember, Sakurai did mention Bartz and how having a characters Switching Jobs between attack could be cool.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Its very likely they will pick the ones that will have the most appeal, while still creating the most income. So they most likely will choose fan favorite 3rd party characters that represent the company, will help cross promote and will create the highest income long term wise for both them and the other companies involved.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
A list of 7 that doesn't have Terra on it, but has Bartz is a list that needs to get thrown in the trash.

Pretty sure shes even more popular in general than him.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Do you think the Piranha Plant and the first Fighter Pass character will be released at the same time?
I personally think it could be, if not exactly at the same time then a month or two after.

-Sora
-Geno
-Erdrick
-2B
-Neku
-Crono
-Bartz

The issue is that, Vergeben is puposely avoiding the question when we asks if Sora is a Disney or Square-Enix rep ever since August, while answering others Question on GameFaqs which probably means that Sora is AT LEAST on the list, even if not the one.
Cecil gets no respect huh.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, you're saying, everything is basically the same as it was before, regarding character's chances?

Huh.
Well, it's sitll most likely going to be characters they think will sell, of course, or are good for marketing or partnership with other companies.
I just dont know how much they'll base themselves on the ballot, but there should still be some from it, since fan demand does count for popularity ;p

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I kind of want the Dragon Quest character to be a resource dependent character in order to represent the gameplay of the RPG genre. Like limited items to pick up, or using status moves like Tension or poison dart.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
A list of 7 that doesn't have Terra on it, but has Bartz is a list that needs to get thrown in the trash.

Pretty sure shes even more popular in general than him.
Not even close. Japan is IN LOVE with FFV.
Like...REALLY in Love with FFV.
His popularity would be Cloud level if cloud did not exist there.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There really be people out here who forget Cooking Mama as a lowkey viable Smash Square Enix character.

StormC

Smash Hero
Is it just me or does Ultimate have more personality than Smash 4?
I'm not trying to knock Smash 4, but the mural and the classic mode screen give Ultimate a very nice "everyone is here" feeling.
Though considering that's the theme of the game I suppose it makes sense.
Smash 4's theme was "the content is split between two games and certain features and characters were slashed as a result."

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Thwomp would make an excellent newcomer.

But they just had to AT it...

I'd still want a Goomba before any other Mario enemies.

See.
I knew you were a man of extreme culture and taste.

Remember, Sakurai did mention Bartz and how having a characters Switching Jobs between attack could be cool.
-Switching jobs
-Vergeben mentioned Minecraft content

We're getting Villager from Minecraft folks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom