• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Also I kinda hope Piranha Plant is the only generic enemy species we get because otherwise he wouldn't be that unique anymore
Slime could be a Yoshi situation where said Slime is a specific Slime (like in the portable games) that represent the race Slime and is named Slime.

...Slime.

Last edited:

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
I really wouldnt want Slime in the game , Kirby and Jigglypuff already fill the rotund blob category well enough. Plus slime gives off lame emoji vibes with its lifeless stare.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If Waluigi gets upgraded from an AT to a character through DLC I'm deleting smashboards btw.

Sorry not sorry.

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
Is it bad that I want slime more than Geno? Or any other Square rep for that matter

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Slime could be a Yoshi situation where said Slime is a specific Slime (like in the portable games) that represent the race Slime and is names Slime.

...Slime.
If you mean the Rocket Slime games, the player slime is named Rocket.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Do you guys think Crowd Control would be overpowered in Smash in terms of concept since they usually have big hitboxes/knockback?
Crowd Control?

The Pokémon Shuffle skill?

Hmm...

"Do more damage the more instances there are of the same character on the screen".

Yeah, pretty overpowered.

(Just kidding, I know you were referring to something else.)

portalmasterJ11

Smash Cadet
After Piranha Plant what character would have to be the next surprise character to completely surprise everybody like piranha plant?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
On the Joker subject, I would love his color palettes to resemble his team.

HOWEVER, with the swap, his mask reflects his team as well.

So say we have a Ryuji color palette, switch to that and now Joker has Skull's mask on.

I would love that...not gonna happen, but who knows?

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
If Waluigi gets upgraded from an AT to a character through DLC I'm deleting smashboards btw.

Sorry not sorry.
Following day: "LaxChris has uploaded VERGEBEN CLAIMS WALUIGI AS SMASH ULTIMATE DLC!!!11!!!"

Last edited:

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
On the Joker subject, I would love his color palettes to resemble his team.

HOWEVER, with the swap, his mask reflects his team as well.

So say we have a Ryuji color palette, switch to that and now Joker has Skull's mask on.

I would love that...not gonna happen, but who knows?
That would be sick, they could do Phantom Thieves swaps and then like a Yu skin and a Minato skin

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
Slime could be also a replacement for Gooey (a character with similar features):

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Slime could be a Yoshi situation where said Slime is a specific Slime (like in the portable games) that represent the race Slime and is named Slime.

...Slime.
Hmm... this post needs more Goo puns.

Sorry not sorry.
But what if Lyn, Ashley, Isaac, Shadow, Alucard, Bomberman or Zero get upgraded?

What then, Hylian!?

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
I want an Atlus rep. but I'm torn on if I want Nanashi or Yu more.

Oh well I just want an Atlus rep, except joker

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Considering Galleom and Rayquaza (Seen in the far left at the end of the World of Light trailer). I think the SSE bosses will be returning except Petey Piranha and Ridley (Unless they replace him with the Ridley clone).
Subspace Ridley was a Dynablade clone to begin with so maybe they'll replace him with that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I want an Atlus rep. but I'm torn on if I want Nanashi or Yu more.

Oh well I just want an Atlus rep, except joker
Hey if you want Nanashi, I got a support thread with your name on it.
Is it Joker, Ren, or Akira? Just choose
It's Akira if you're stuck in the past, Ren if you think the anime canonifies the name, and Joker for a catch-all name that everyone can agree on.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Sorry not sorry.
[Proceeds to make alternate accounts everywhere to support Waluigi en masse, then learns hypnotism and teleportation powers to convince Sakurai to upgrade Waluigi]

I mean, gasp, I hope upgrades don't happen!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Jesus I'll just say this because whoa that talk went far.

I do believe that some Geno person here are absolutely biased and hypocrite when somehow the chance of another possible Square-Enix Rep seems to rise they feel threatened as "Uh? Why I can't like and want my Characters in smash?"
When for a time I clearly remember the same people downplaying other Square-Enix Character even more Sora, months ago and him being used as a laughing stock.

However I say this as someone who would jump of his chair and break a shelf Etika style for any Square-Enix reveal. I would love Geno/Sora or whoever it probably shown for when I talk about Square-Enix stuff. Just decided to bet on the Keyblade wielder but wouldn't feel sad if he's not in.

However the people supporting other Square-Enix Characters/against Geno
Shouldn't also bashfully downplay the Characters either and act as if the fanbase, even if only limited to the smash bubble, doesn't exist and is just a tiny bubble. It's infact a big one.

we all can love whatever Characters we want.

i know I shouldn't play the moralizers or hype police but that tiny war and constant hypocrisy I see from both side is painful to see.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Think of it like this. Put aside chances of these characters for a hypothetical scenario. Say Sakurai's list of characters for dlc includes Sora, Master Chief, and Goku as shocking 3rd parties, Chorus Kids to represent a new Nintendo franchise, and Geno to appeal to the core fanbase. He goes to square and gets Sora, but they say no to Geno and suggest erdrick instead. Sakurai takes Sora and leaves because his second choice wasn't erdrick, it was banjo. Unless he just wanted to represent square enix, there's no reason to think the character they suggest is the next one he'd want to put in. It's not just about putting in whatever third parties he can get. I'm sure there are thousands of them he could get. The question is which ones he wants. And he wouldn't just decide on the spot to add a completely different square character just because they said no to Geno
Well talks tmk generally aren't an on the spot thing to begin with honestly. It's likely a lot of back and forth with neither side doing anything immediately. Beyond that I doubt third party spots are chosen like that to begin with since that seems kind of presumptuous to me.
That is also assuming how he would be dead set on Geno to begin with and assuming he could even get one without the other in that scenario. Him taking Sora but walking out on their other suggested character could be seen as taking what they want with one hand and flipping them off with another.

Sakurai wanting it is only one part of the equation and we don't even know if Geno is the only thing that Sakurai would even want in the first place or if he were to be unwilling to accept anything else. There's a lot of assumptions in this scenario and talks are likely far more complicated than "I want this and this" and "yes and no"

Bee Card

Smash Ace
If you ask me any character that doesn't get link with Nintendo to be in smash I will answer you no, no and no but I don't know why I will say yes yes yes for Joker/Akira Kurusu.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Slime could be also a replacement for Gooey (a character with similar features):
As a big fan of both Gooey and Slime the only solution is to have them both.

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
Just give us Yosuke with Ryuji as an echo. I don't know how that would work, but they're both dumb so they go together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom