• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Actually scratch that.
Best alts are inklings and BJr.
They actually have alt costumes as opposed to reskins.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think a Zelda DLC character makes sense in that we have no new Zelda rep, even though we got overhauls and vets back.

It's one of Nintendo's flagship franchises.

I want Impa, don't know if thats likely though.

Linkle would be interesting... People always joke about three Links...
Link, Yink, Tink, and Gink... Girl Link.
Seems like a Nintendo thing to do.

Hmm.

Koei Tecmo. Please. Sakurai. Hayabusa. Warriors . please.
Just add Linkle so its four Links just like the song..

Links! Links zwei, links zwei, links zwei, drei, vier, Links!

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I'm glad Greninja's actual shiny didn't make the cut. The all black Greninja from the Pokemon games does not look as good as the Black alt Sakurai went with; giving Greninja a colored underbelly makes it look better.
Yeah I agree with that, it does look a bit better. I'm disappointed by the lack of green tail Mewtwo, though. Also don't get why not to include Lucario's shiny, considering it's one of the better looking ones.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So... who has the best alts in Ultimate in your opinion?

Imo, I think it's Incineroar

He literally has a Big the Cat alt
Nobody has mentioned Meta Knight yet?

I don't even play MK, but his alts are honestly fantastic.

A nice combination of good color variation with two great references makes for a fantastic set of alt colors, IMO.

I do like how they actually gave Incineroar distinct color variations, unlike most of the other Pokemon. Even other Pokemon that do have good color variety (Mewtwo and Greninja) don't have as much as Incineroar.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

It's hard for me to pick a favorite, primarily because I haven't seen all of them; I do think that Incineroar has some of the best looking alts that I've seen in any Smash though honestly, it has a lot of variety for colors.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Incineroar and Pichu have my favorite alts, I gotta draw Incineroar and Team Skull Pichu sometime.

Also, i just realized that because Spirits are literally just images. Noivern and Poipole (aka, my origin story) have an increased chance of appearing.
That makes me really happy.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace

Can't lie, I'm in love with Incineroar's alts, I can't pick a favorite, it's honestly one of the best spreads of alt skins we've ever gotten imo.

My personal favorite goes to Bowser Jr. because I cheat like that. And I've always liked Meta Knight' alts, but Ultimate has made them even better.

Inkling, Dark Samus and Ridley also have fantastic alt spreads, this game has done great with alternate colors.

Random alts I really like are Lucas' Claus alt, Little Mac's Super Punch-Out alt, Corrin's green alt, and Ganon's white and red alt.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, in Sheik's case I think that's also kinda nonsense. If I was making the roster, I wouldn't include one-offs from series with relatively static main casts, unless they were extremely popular. Even if that compromised a gimmick. But I'm not making the roster, so what are you gonna do. :/
I understand that idea. But characters take on a whole new fan base once they're in Smash.

I can virtually guarantee that at least half of the people clamoring for Roy in Smash 4 had never touched his game, considering it was never even released in the West. They just wanted their Smash fighter back. Sheik likewise is a Smash icon more than a Zelda icon at this point, particularly after being top tier throughout Melee.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I may make my own little "Expects" version, but here's a custom wishlist I made. travis has .png snow-itis but i dont care theres no other good one of him i can use
Rate and hate at your own desire.

template dlc1.png

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It straight up turns into a Putrid Piranha from TTYD when it does poison attacks.

I can't hate a fighter who directly references my all time favorite game.

Welcome aboard you weird, weird little weed you. :ultpiranha:
It also has an alt color that references Frost Piranhas from the original Paper Mario!

The guy is chock full of references, really.

D

Deleted member

Clean as always :yoshi:
As much as I like bright green, I think replacing Black Yoshi with Crafted Yoshi was a stupid idea. I also wish we had White Yoshi, but oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sega and Capcom have the most amount of representation in Smash Bros, and the things should be kept that way
One game out of 2.
Kid Icarus is a trilogy

KI on the NES, Of Myth and Monsters on the Gameboy, and Uprising for the 3DS (nobody remembers the middle game)
If the next Smash game gets announced, how likely do you think :ultryu: and :ultken:'s chances of returning would be?
Highly likely
Apart from maybe one-game series, I still think it's a bit ****ed for a series to have as many characters as games.
It is...but Kid Icarus got to gain the exception since Sakurai gave the series a satisfying conclusion...but also hope that someone gains the balls to make a sequel
Becky would be so op.
All would die by her hands

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I wish we had more wizardish characters besides Robin.

I'd stack Cia and tharja spirits on them.
Would Zelda, Ness, Lucas and Mewtwo count? I'd count them.

D

Deleted member

I may make my own little "Expects" version, but here's a custom wishlist I made. travis has .png snow-itis but i dont care theres no other good one of him i can use
Rate and hate at your own desire.

*sees Ryu Hayabusa and Doomguy*
Ah, I see you have excellent taste in 3rd parties as well!

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Gonna main Mewtwo with a Giygas Spirit and Mew, Mega Mewtwo X & Y as sub spirits. If they exists.

Might do Ridley with a rathalos spirit and rayquaza, tiki, sub spirits.. For a full dragon spec

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Sega and Capcom have the most amount of representation in Smash Bros, and the things should be kept that way

Kid Icarus is a trilogy

KI on the NES, Of Myth and Monsters on the Gameboy, and Uprising for the 3DS (nobody remembers the middle game)

Highly likely

It is...but Kid Icarus got to gain the exception since Sakurai gave the series a satisfying conclusion...but also hope that someone gains the balls to make a sequel

All would die by her hands
Actually it's Konami and Capcom. Which makes sense considering those were the 2 big 3rd party NES companies...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why is YOUR avatar not your own art anymore? That's uncomfortable :yoshi:
I'm working on an Incineroar picture because I really want him as my avatar right now, until it's done this screen shot is a temporary fix.
I'll be back to normal shortly.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I understand that idea. But characters take on a whole new fan base once they're in Smash.

I can virtually guarantee that at least half of the people clamoring for Roy in Smash 4 had never touched his game, considering it was never even released in the West. They just wanted their Smash fighter back. Sheik likewise is a Smash icon more than a Zelda icon at this point, particularly after being top tier throughout Melee.
Well I wasn't expecting these characters to be cut, I just wouldn't have added them in the first place.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If the next Smash game gets announced, how likely do you think :ultryu: and :ultken:'s chances of returning would be?
Unlikely.

I wholeheartedly believe that the next Smash Bros. will be a reboot of sorts and the current third party characters will mostly be slashed. Avoid the headaches of licensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom