• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD5Kbs0zoos

Here's a link to the Ultimate tournament livestream.
Thanks.
Yoshi's Story is on right now, with a Yoshi's New Island track.
Jokes aside, if EarthBound is getting THIS much love, it'll fill the hole in my Aegis-shaped heart for Rex. THE FACT THAT NESS AND LUCAS HAVE A NEW ****ING VICTORY THEME. YOU GUYS.

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

I mean, I'm VERY shocked a LOT of characters are getting new themes, but NESS AND LUCAS? About damn time us Mother fans get our due. God bless ya, Sakurai.
This is the second time they've got a new victory theme. Was changed before in Brawl.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That is debatable; but I agree Ike is special.
Yeah, I wouldn't say that he's the only good FE lord.
There's a treasure trove of good FE characters, that's unfortunately really hard to find due to there being a ton of characters and a lot of those characters following archetypes.

But Ike's really special in that, in a series where everyone is some blue-blooded royalty or some mystical bloodline descendant...

IKE IS A HOBO WITH A SWORD.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 175559
While I hoped he'd be an echo fighter, this still pleases me immensely. I love my edgy mirror boy!
Seeing this earlier made my day.

I'm kinda conflicted. On the one hand, I already have 8 characters I wanna focus on, but on the other hand, I've been wanting to main one of the Kirby characters in Smash for so long now but could never decide which one.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Does FS meter make FS moves have longer startup or something because no one is landing these tonight.

Are we sure we can't try them competitively?

LetterO

Smash Lord
Jokes aside, if EarthBound is getting THIS much love, it'll fill the hole in my Aegis-shaped heart for Rex. THE FACT THAT NESS AND LUCAS HAVE A NEW ****ING VICTORY THEME. YOU GUYS.

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

I mean, I'm VERY shocked a LOT of characters are getting new themes, but NESS AND LUCAS? About damn time us Mother fans get our due. God bless ya, Sakurai.
Where can I hear this new victory theme?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Seeing this earlier made my day.

I'm kinda conflicted. On the one hand, I already have 8 characters I wanna focus on, but on the other hand, I've been wanting to main one of the Kirby characters in Smash for so long now but could never decide which one.
I like Meta Knight's playstyle better, but I could never betray Dedede. Not after he saved us from Tabuu, not with that accent.

D

Deleted member

I missed the new theme, what is it?
It's a heavily revised version of Ness' Melee victory theme, basically.

I'm telling you, Noi, EarthBound and Mother 3 are ****ing masterpieces and to SEE THEM GET A NEW THEME SINCE BRAWL IS AMAZING.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lol I'm so confused on where people are getting this info from, and I'm doing it pn purpose cause I want to play through the game blind

Noipoi

Howdy!

I'm telling you, Noi, EarthBound and Mother 3 are ****ing masterpieces and to SEE THEM GET A NEW THEME SINCE BRAWL IS AMAZING.
Oh good, the Melee theme was the best one.

I wanna play Mother 3, but I wanna play Earthbound first. However my tiny brain which can't comprehend anything other than Pokemon keeps getting stuck due to hard enemies. I'm stuck with Jeff right now, right before his sanctuary fight.

StormC

Smash Hero
People were ranking newcomers earlier so now I will too.

S Tier
:ultkrool:

A Tier
:ultridley:

B Tier
:ultincineroar:
:ultrichter:
:ultsimon:

C Tier
:ultinkling:
:ultdarksamus:
:ultken:

D Tier
:ultisabelle:
:ultdaisy:
:ultchrom:

PP Tier
:ultpiranha:

None of these I actually dislike, but the D tier is simply more in the "personally underwhelming" category more than anything. Brawl's newcomer list will always stand tall as the best, but this is a solid step up from Smash 4 for me.

I don't dislike Piranha Plant either, I'm just separating it since it's DLC, but honestly, try as I might, I'm quite interested in it, it simply looks like a ton of fun and offers something completely different from any Smash fighter before it. It's a joke fighter that I could actually see myself playing as. I'm just glad it's free (sorta), I hope the paid DLC has good stuff but I'm unsure after Smash 4. Guess we'll just wait and see...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait. Ness...has a new theme?

STOP EVERYTHING, THIS IS A BIG DEAL. DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK?

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
I think it's really cool. MUCH better than Super Dragon, and I like the extremely positive responses I've been getting from people...
I just love Final Smashes when they result in running someone over, like Captain Falcon for example. I mean imagine you're just minding your own business and then...

Damn, brutal.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Did this Jigglypuff just F-Smash twice instead of Rest when Richter was stunned by Sable?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Fully expecting to see a million Belmonts online.

This projectile game looks so fun.

This is honestly what I love most about Smash. I've never played Castlevania so I love seeing all these cool characters and getting interested in their source material.

Troykv

Smash Master
Yeah, I wouldn't say that he's the only good FE lord.
There's a treasure trove of good FE characters, that's unfortunately really hard to find due to there being a ton of characters and a lot of characters following archetypes.

But Ike's really special in that, in a series where everyone is some blue-blooded royalty or some mystical bloodline descendant...

IKE IS A HOBO WITH A SWORD.
I personally think Micaiah is quite interesting as a character in Fire Emblem; in between the protagonist she is actually one of the few that is capable of doing not-so-heroic stuff for end; despite don't really like it.

I also find quite funny how Micaiah is one of the hardest main characters to get an good comparison character-wise because of how others are easier to connect to their "archetypes" (specially someone like Eliwood that is basically a more emotional Marth), unless you get a shallow analysis of her character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay.

Richter might be an actual problem.

By that I mean he's lookin' delicious.

To play as. I mean, he's good looking, yeah, but these movements are CLEAN.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I personally think Micaiah is quite interesting as a character in Fire Emblem; in between the protagonist she is actually one of the few that is capable of doing not-so-heroic stuff for end; despite don't really like it.

I also find quite funny how Micaiah is one of the hardest main characters to get an good comparison character-wise because of how others are easier to connect to their "archetypes", unless you get a shallow analysis of her character.
Yeah, Micaiah is a GREAT subversion of a character appearance.
Like, behind that delicate appearance, boy is she a tough cookie.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
So this is Games and More...
DrIJ1A9U8AELXAg.jpeg

Seems to Remove:
  • All Stars
  • Target Blast
  • Homerun Contest
  • Stage Builder
  • Master Orders
  • Crazy Orders
  • Character Costumization
  • Trophies
Seems like Ultimate's Single Player is going to be shallow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom