• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Can someone help clarify how we know what fighter spirits are and which one they are as well? I'm really confused by how it all works

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
The Kirby fan base is as monstrous and unholy as the abominations he fights against.
I should know, i'm part of it.
Wait, good point.jpg

....Actually, that's an accurate way of describing the fan base :laugh:. But I also think our fan base is the most chill and not attack others unless it's necessary :p, just like Kirby. For instance, if someone eats my cake you'll see a trail of destruction everywhere I go.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Is World of Light going to be enough though?

It's comparable to SSE in Brawl and that game had All Star, Home Run Contest, Break the Targets, Event Mode and Stage Builder.

Is Spirits enough to compensate for that?
If Spirits is fun to play, then yes.

SSE was all about those cutscenes. It wasn't actually, like... fun. At all. It was mediocre platforming made for the lowest common denominator of character movement with repetitive, bland enemies. I went to replay it in the buildup to Smash 4 because my Wii U didn't have my old Brawl data, and suddenly I remembered, "Hey wait. This kinda sucks."

If Spirits is enjoyable and replayable, I'll take it over SSE and stadium stuff. But that's just me.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How the **** did Roy kill him twice in TEN SECONDS

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Is Roy, dare I say, becoming top tier?
Unless the person playing Roy is the best perfect shielder in the universe and isn't playing against a character who can just spam projectiles all over the screen, then that could never happen.

Keeping the base-of-the-sword thing was such a terrible idea.

D

Deleted member

WHAT THE ****???

HOW IS THE MOM POPPING OUT OF LITERAL TIME RIFTS? BACK, DEMON, BACK.

GET BACK.png

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Not able to watch the livestream right now, but did I see people saying Gladion's theme is in? Nice, that was one of my only realistic desires for this game.

Last edited:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman

You know. He makes a compelling argument. And Sakurai does too.
i think thats a weak argument of why a granblue character cant be in smash. Not all smash characters are well known, like Marth/Roy in Melee and Lucas in Brawl. If its popular in one region it still has a chance, and ~20 million downloads in japan isnt anything to shrug at. If not for smash, Lucas would be less known about than a granblue character.

Given I dont know much about granblue, just saying that sakurais comment doesnt change the status of that character getting in one way or the other.

D

Deleted member

Well I must say I am impressed with what I have seen from the Belmonts! Can't wait to try out :ultsimon:!

Also, holy crap did :ultroy: and :ultike: get buffed while I wasn't looking?!

blackghost

Smash Champion
that tournament convinced me that Simion and ricther have very bright futures. it always takes zoners longer to unleash their potential. brood made duck hunt relevant with a character with more potential i expect him to do well in this game.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
If Spirits is fun to play, then yes.

SSE was all about those cutscenes. It wasn't actually, like... fun. At all. It was mediocre platforming made for the lowest common denominator of character movement with repetitive, bland enemies. I went to replay it in the buildup to Smash 4 because my Wii U didn't have my old Brawl data, and suddenly I remembered, "Hey wait. This kinda sucks."

If Spirits is enjoyable and replayable, I'll take it over SSE and stadium stuff. But that's just me.
I was trying to compare Spirits to all of the other modes besides SSE.

But it depends on fleshed out Spirits actually is (outside of World of Light).

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
There's no way to know until the game comes out but I really hope there's a boss rush mode you unlock after you finish WoL like there was in Brawl. That mode was honestly super radical.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Oh Dear God, I just saw where Chrom is still in Robin’s Final Smash.

I can’t wait for the endless chatter of Waluigi, Isaac, and Shadow supporters who will use this information to stake their claim that they still have a chance to be playable.

When will it end?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well I must say I am impressed with what I have seen from the Belmonts! Can't wait to try out :ultsimon:!

Also, holy crap did :ultroy: and :ultike: get buffed while I wasn't looking?!
Dunno about Roy, but definitely Ike.
They took a bit out of his power and massively upped his speed and aerial frame data.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh Dear God, I just saw where Chrom is still in Robin’s Final Smash.

I can’t wait for the endless chatter of Waluigi and Isaac supporters who will use this information to stake their claim that they still have a chance to be playable.

When will it end?
So you're biased for Shadow that you think not even Shadow supporters are that sinful?
You clearly seem to see Waluigi and Isaac supporters are scum and/or unfavorable.
Reveal your secrets.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I tried, Luigi. I tried to show them the splash screen.

even though geno really isn't "deconfirmed" when there are so many variations of playable fighters as a spirit
Tots it's over man the game's done he's deconfirmed you know it let my son rest

I'm overjoyed over the Plant tho lol as a Petey and joke character lover

LetterO

Smash Lord
i think thats a weak argument of why a granblue character cant be in smash. Not all smash characters are well known, like Marth/Roy in Melee and Lucas in Brawl. If its popular in one region it still has a chance, and ~20 million downloads in japan isnt anything to shrug at. If not for smash, Lucas would be less known about than a granblue character.

Given I dont know much about granblue, just saying that sakurais comment doesnt change the status of that character getting in one way or the other.
To be fair, Sakurai only added Lucas because he thought Mother 3 was also releasing outside of Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom